Clogged pores can really be a nuisance and actually cause a lot of problems if left unattended to. They have to be dealt with and eliminated as soon as possible since when prolonged, they may lead to acne, pimples and other skin related issues. In addition to that, clogged pores that have been left untreated for so long may become very tedious to get rid off.
There are very many ways in which we can eliminate clogged pores comprising of both clinical methodologies and home remedies. The latter is a combination of very simple yet highly effective and natural ways to deal with clogged pores, one of them being incorporating egg whites in your treatment program.
Does Egg White Unclog Pores?
Does it really work or is it just another beauty myth we need to ignore? If you are looking for an easy and all-natural solution to deal with clogged pores and acne, then egg white masks may be the best solution to go for (The Derm Review, 2018).
Egg whites contain two vital skin ingredients; protein and collagen. These ingredients can impact positivity and greatly to your skin especially if you are struggling with clogged pores. Protein helps the skin maintain its elasticity. This helps prevent the occurrence of wrinkles. Collagen on the other hand helps in temporarily filling in wrinkles and fine lines. This makes it an important skin element.
[ Read: Does Coconut Oil Clog Your Pores ]
How to Unclog Pores with Egg White
Using egg white to unclog pores is a series of very easy steps that does not take much of your time. The best egg white facials, however, do not use just egg whites (facingacne, 2007). You may use egg whites with lemons or oatmeal for splendid results,
- All you need is a bowl
- an egg and a lemon.
- Beat the egg white into a plunge like foam.
- The egg white sticks to clumps on the skin so that they can be washed off easily.
- Squeeze the lemon into the already formed solution.
- The lemon juice helps loosen clumps of dead skin cells at the pores on the skin.
How to Apply:
- Wash your face and pat it with a dry towel.
- Apply it evenly on your face.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Apply a moisturizer to your skin.
- Repeat thrice a week.
One crucial part to note is that you should not mix egg yolks into your solution. This is because it is prone to getting infected with bacteria as compared to the egg white itself (Naomi Mruttu, 2016, 7 Unusual ways eggs can make you prettier).
[ Read: Egg White Masks for Blackheads ]
Egg White with Oatmeal for Clogged Pores
- All you need is oatmeal and egg whites in a bowl.
- Oatmeal soothes and exfoliates the skin.
- This helps remove dead skin cells and clears excessive oils to prevent acne.
- Put one teaspoon of oatmeal in egg white.
- Mix it thoroughly and immediately apply it on the affected skin.
- Let it rest for 20 to 25 minutes.
How to Apply:
- Wash it off with a cloth soaked in warm water.
- Pat your skin and apply a moisturizer.
- Repeat this process twice a week.
Treating clogged pores is simple when done early and gets harder and harder as days go by. If left untreated, it may lead to an unpleasant skin that looks bad. It may even make you loose your self-esteem. Nevertheless, getting rid of them is very easy especially with the above provided home remedies that work perfectly (Stephanie, 2016).