“START YOUR DAY WITH A BOWL FULL OF OATMEAL AND HEALTH”
Start your day with healthy oatmeal. Oats are basically grains, which come from cereal plant. Oats are considered as healthy and nutritious food on earth. Oats are enriched with fibers and minerals like magnesium, potassium and many more. Oats are very low in calories. January is declared as national oatmeal month as it is mostly purchased in the month of January. Oats originated from America in the 1960s.
According to a new survey in the USA, oats are considered as fourth healthiest food from 70 different foods and beverages. But still oats are very common in everyone’s diet. Oats are full of nutritional value so consuming one bowl a day will give you healthy skin and you will yourself start feeling the difference.
HOW TO PREPARE OATMEAL
- If you want to increase the protein and calcium value of oatmeal’s then make it with milk rather than water.
- Stir the oatmeal in yogurt so that you can get a health benefit of probiotics.
- You can even add fresh fruits like banana, strawberries as the fruits will increase the value of fiber and vitamins. If fruits are available you can even prefer dry fruits.
- For heart health motto, you can add nuts like walnuts or pecans.
If you don’t like without sugar, then you should prefer to add low-calorie sugar in oatmeal.
For all those who are looking for more, Oatmeal has many health and beauty benefits too. Keep reading further.
1. OATMEAL BOOSTS UP YOUR ENERGY
Oatmeal is a good source of carbohydrates and protein that provide you energy. According to a study, consuming oatmeal before running gives better output rather than any other meal. The carbohydrates give energy to your muscles as a result; you can have a better workout. If you want to give the tools which are necessary to rebuild your muscles, then consume complex carbohydrates with protein.
2. OATMEAL PROTECTS SKIN
Everyone wants a smooth and radiant skin. For this, you just have to consume some oatmeal. Isn’t it that simple? Oatmeal is used a soothing agent to get relief from any type of irritation. Oatmeal even helps in maintaining the pH level of the skin. If you are facing skin problems, then you can go for oatmeal baths this will surely give a relief as you will feel your skin is softer and moisturized.
3. OATMEAL HELPS IN WEIGHT LOSS
Oatmeal helps to lose weight. Oats are full of soluble fibers which once consumed will remain in your stomach for longer time and you will feel full. If you feel full, you will avoid food and this will help you gain unnecessary weight and you will stay healthy.
4. OATMEAL HELPS IN PREVENTING DIABETES
Now a day’s diabetes is a very common problem. If you are diabetic, it is real good for your health to consume oatmeal as it reduces the risk of adverse conditions.
5. OATMEAL BOOSTS HEART HEALTH
Oatmeal is enriched with soluble fiber and it is good for the heart. Oatmeal consists of calcium and potassium; both of them help in reducing blood pressure. For BP patients it’s easy to have oatmeal rather than to have medicines. So start consuming oatmeal from today.
6. OATMEAL REDUCES THE COLON CANCER
Risk of colorectal cancer can be reduced with the diet of high fiber. There are two type of fiber soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber keeps you full for longer hours as they dissolve in water and insoluble fiber prevents constipation. It increases the speed of passage of food and waste and promotes good colon health and risk of colon cancer reduces.
7. SKIN AND HAIR BENEFITS OF OATMEAL
1. HELPS IN TREATING ACNE
- Oatmeal is used as a home remedy for treating acne. Follow these steps to get rid of acne.
- Boil oatmeal in the bowl till they are softened. Rinse the water and let them cool. Now, apply this oatmeal on the affected area and wash your face with water after 10 minutes of applying.
- The oatmeal will absorb all the excessive oil and bacteria will be removed from your skin and this helps to combat acne.
2. HELPS IN REMOVING DRYNESS
Oats are very useful in fighting dull and dry skin. Oats contain polysaccharides which are very helpful in protecting your skin from dryness.
If you want to get rid of dryness, then all you have to do is mix mashed banana with a cup of oatmeal and add lukewarm milk. Stir it till it is smooth enough and apply this pack on face and leave it to dry. Then, rinse off with the help of cold water and you will get a moisturized skin.
3. ACTS AS MOSTURIZER
Oatmeal is considered as the natural moisturizer as it helps in removing dead skin cells. Mix two cup of oatmeal with one cup of milk and add one tablespoon of honey, then apply it on your face.
4. HELPS IN SKIN LIGHTNING
Oats are very helpful in skin lightning and smooth’s your blotchy areas. It is even used in many skin care products like scrubs, creams etc.
5. HELPS IN TREATING ITCHY SCALP
Oatmeal is a natural moisturizer we have already discussed. It even works on hairs. Apply it on the scalp and you will notice less dryness and itchiness from the first wash. It even soft’s your hairs and your hair will get shiny.
6. HELPS IN COMBATING HAIR LOSS
Now a day’s hair loss is the major problem faced by everyone. It occurs due to chemical treatment and unhealthy lifestyle. Malnutrition is also one of the reasons. We all know oats are full of zinc, iron, which helps in hair growth. Consuming oatmeal regularly will help in reducing hair loss.
We all have adapted a very unhealthy lifestyle. A little change in our lifestyle will keep us healthy and beautiful too. So why wait? Start consuming your bowl of oatmeal today.