Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that plays an important role in maintaining the immune system, vision and bone health. Our bodies do not make it naturally so we have to get it through our diet. There are many foods that are rich in vitamin A such as carrots, sweet potatoes, milk and more. In this article, we will discuss 10 foods rich in vitamin A.
10 Foods That Are High in Vitamin A
2. Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are another excellent source of beta-carotene. They also contain other vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, potassium and manganese.
3. Red Peppers
Red peppers are a good source of lycopene, an antioxidant that has been linked to several health benefits. They also contain other vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, potassium and folate.
Cheese is another dairy product that contains high levels of vitamin A. One ounce of cheddar cheese provides about 14% of the RDA for this nutrient. Cheese also contains other nutrients such as calcium, phosphorus and protein.
Eggs are a good source of vitamin A, providing about 11% of the RDA in just one large egg. Eggs also contain other nutrients such as protein, choline and vitamins B2 and B12.
6. Beef liver
Salmon is another food that is rich in vitamin A along with many other key nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, protein and vitamins D and B12. Half a filet provides about 15% of the RDA for this nutrient.
[ Read: How to Use Spinach for Weight Loss ]
9. Cod Liver Oil
Mangoes are a delicious fruit that is also a good source of vitamin A, providing about 15% of the RDA in just one cup. Mangoes also contain other vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, copper and potassium.
These are 10 foods rich in vitamin A. Vitamin A is an important nutrient for many bodily functions so it’s important to include foods that contain it in your diet. So next time you’re at the grocery store, be sure to pick up some of these foods to help ensure you’re getting enough vitamin A in your diet.
Image Credit: freepik
You Might Also Like:
- 10 Foods That Are High in Vitamin K2
- 10 Foods High In Folic Acid
- 10 Best Foods To Eat For Anemia
- 10 Foods That Boost Your Body’s Keratin Levels
- Difference Between Cheese And Butter
- 10 Foods That Are High in Nucleic Acid
- 10 Foods Rich in Vitamin B6
- 10 Best Foods For Jaundice
- 10 Best Healthy Fat Foods That You Should Eat
- 9 Foods that Improve Circulation and Vein Health
- 10 Best Foods for Nail Growth and Strength
- 10 Healthy Foods to Boost Nitric Oxide
- 10 Best Foods to Eat If You Have Psoriasis
- 10 Foods That Are High in Vitamin B9
- 10 Best Foods for Hair Growth You Should Include in Your Diet