Before I start off with the remedies, I want you guys to go through the below questions carefully and answer them truthfully.
- Are you suffering from anxiety or depression?
- Are your unable to focus on things?
- Are you feeling stressed and exhausted all the time?
- Are you having trouble in falling asleep or waking up?
- Are you irritable all the time?
- Are you having excess craving for sugar?
Well, if you answered yes to these questions, then you my friend are suffering from adrenal fatigue. Now before you start flipping out and go crazy wondering what is wrong with you, let me tell you that you need to first relax. In this post, I am going to tell you all about how to treat adrenal fatigue naturally.
Table of Contents
What Is Adrenal Fatigue?
Our body is equipped with two organs called the adrenal glands and they are placed right above the kidneys. This seemingly small organs produce more than 50 hormones which are responsible for your body’s proper functioning. When your body goes through a collection of above questioned signs and symptoms, then it means that your adrenal glands are not functioning as they should which in turn leads to adrenal fatigue.
There are three stages of adrenal fatigue with the last stage resulting in complete burnout. You need to ensure that you take the required measures before you reach the final stage. The non-functioning of your adrenal glands can cause a lot of imbalance in your body which is why you go through all the below symptoms:
- Excess tiredness
- Weakness in muscles
- Decrease in libido
- Loss of focus
- Sleeping problem
- Loss of hair
- Increase in weight
How To Treat Adrenal Fatigue Naturally:
Now that you have determined that you are suffering from adrenal fatigue, the next step is to obviously look for remedies to treat it. I have listed down 5 natural remedies that will help you in successfully getting rid of this disorder.
1. Diet For Adrenal Fatigue
You need to follow a strict diet while dealing with adrenal fatigue. The first step is to remove all the food items that can aggravate your situation further. While preparing your diet make sure that you do not include the below food items:
- Hydrogentaed Oils like canola, corn oil or vegetable oil like soybean can lead to inflammation of your adrenal glands. So it is best to avoid it all together.
- Excess sugar has no place in your diet so you need to avoid candies, sweets, sugary foods, syrups, etc. Try to avoid excess sugar as much as possible and look for alternatives like raw honey or stevia.
- Your caffeine intake has to be cut down by drastic levels since it can hamper your sleep pattern. You can indulge in one cup of coffee or tea in a day but ensure that you have it in the morning itself.
- Try not to have any microwaved food or processed food. The preservatives can negatively affect your body, hence it is always best to prepare your own food and have it fresh.
- You need to include food items like olives, coconut, fish, seaweed, nuts, cruciferous vegetables, chicken, Himalayan sea salt and pumpkin or flax seeds.
2. Adequate Sleep:
Lack of proper sleep is one of the main causes of adrenal fatigue. In this fast paced and competitive life, you often end up sacrificing your sleep in order to reach those deadlines. But in your run towards success, you are missing out on your health.
- You have to set a schedule for yourself wherein you are in your bed by 11 p.m. with the lights switched off. Your body needs at least 8-10 hours of sleep every night, so it’s time to kick the habit of late night sleeping.
- Even though you are not sleepy, you still need to give time to your body to relax and relieve itself from all the stress and anxiety. Another point to keep in mind while going off to sleep is to keep your cell phones and laptops switched off so that there is no unwanted disturbances.
3. Herbal Remedies
There are a lot of herbs that can help you in treating adrenal fatigue, however you need to consult with an expert before you try out any of the herbal remedies so that there are no side effects.
- To increase your energy levels and stimulate your endurance levels, you can use licorice roots.
- Use astragalus root to boost your immune system, increase your insulin resistance and normalize your levels of blood sugar.
- Reduce fatigue and stress by using rhodiola rosea which is also used as an antidepressant. It can also increase your mental clarity.
- Another adaptive herb that can be used as a memory booster is eleuthero. It is also great at protecting your body from the side effects of stress and fatigue.
- Cordyceps is an antioxidant fungus with multiple benefits like stabilizing levels of blood sugar, supporting the immune system, slowing down the process of aging, etc.
4. Supplements For Adrenal Fatigue
Along with your meticulous diet, you also have to take the proper supplements. Often a lot of minerals and nutrients are lost while cooking the food or while growing them itself, hence the intake of supplements is necessary to combat the adrenal fatigue.
Below are some of the essential nutrients which you need to take as supplements:
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B5
- Fish Oil
- Holy Basil
Taking these supplements in proper quantities is what your body needs while going through the problem of adrenal fatigue.
5. Minimum Changes With Maximum Effect
Other than following the above mentioned remedies, there are certain changes that you need to make in your lifestyle and you can be rest assured that you will successfully get rid of your adrenal fatigue disorder.
- If you have a habit of working out regularly, then you should avoid exerting yourself from a heavy workout as it can affect your adrenal glands negatively. Go for a light work out instead.
- Ditch your regular tea and coffee and opt for green tea which is beneficial for your adrenal glands.
- Going for yoga, meditation or tai chi sessions once a week is a great way to let go of your stress. Once you get the hang of it, you can make it a daily practice as well.
- You need to set aside some ‘me-time’ where you can focus on things that you love and make sure those things are not related to work. It can either be a hobby like painting or dancing or just listening to songs to calm your mind.
These five natural remedies can do wonders and if you follow them diligently, then you can easily overcome the problem of adrenal fatigue. As they say ‘prevention is better than cure’, so even though you may not be suffering from adrenal fatigue right now, it is better to follow these remedies before you actually start suffering from it.