Athletes’ foot is often found in people doing physical activities and is a fungal infection. When you wear sweaty socks and don’t let your feet out for drying up, this happens. Even coming in direct contact with an infected individual or an object can cause Athlete’s foot. The fungus is generally in warm and moist environments. In the initial stages, you can try some home remedies to get some relief. Read on to know once such remedy.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda Foot Soak for Athlete’s Foot
- Baking soda- 2 tbsp
- Thymus essential oil- 10 drops
- Apple cider vinegar- 3 tbsp
- Lukewarm water- 1 mug
Process of using:
Add the ingredients to a water tub and mix well. Keep your feet submerged for 15-20 mins and then pat your feet dry. Follow this with a moisturizer.
Baking soda has anti-fungal characteristics that offer relief from microbial strains that are responsible for infecting the skin and nails. Further fungal growth is inhibited by the Thymus essential oil, besides masking the unpleasant foot odor. The itchiness and burning sensation in the affected area are remedied by the apple cider vinegar.
- Make sure to wash your hands after touching the feet, so they don’t spread to other body parts.
- Any surface where your bare feet have come in contact must be sanitized to avoid infecting others.
Apple cider vinegar is an inexpensive and natural method of dealing with Athlete’s feet. But in case the symptoms persist, you need to consult the doctor. People with diabetes need to see a doctor for getting appropriate treatment.
- How to Get Rid of Athlete’s Foot with Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple Cider Vinegar Shots: Benefits and Recipes