Baking soda and lemon are claimed to whiten teeth but there are not many pieces of research supporting it though studies state the benefits of individual ingredients. Read on to know more, if the combination works.
Do Baking Soda and Lemon Work for Whitening Teeth?
Yes, but this is not a safe process because of baking soda’s abrasive nature and the acidic nature of lemon juice. These two are a destructive combination which damages the teeth’s protective layer which can never be reversed. This will lead to other issues like sensitivity and tooth decay.
[ Read: 10 Ways to Whiten Your Teeth at Home ]
Baking Soda and Lemon for Teeth Whitening
If you are planning to use lemon juice directly to whiten your teeth then that is a bad idea. This may affect the tooth enamel presently. Lemon juice contains citric acid and you need to dilute it with few drops of water for use.
- Baking Soda
- Lemon Juice
Preparation Time: 5 Mins.
- Take a small cup and then put 1/2 spoon of baking soda
- Add Few drops of lemon juice and few drops of water
- Mix 3 well and form a smooth paste
- Take the paste on your brush and brush for 2 mins
How it work: The paste will of abrasive nature, and will remove built-up plaque of teeth will remove discolorations.
Repetitions: Once a week.
Best time to Apply: Always at time of brushing (Day or night).
Tips: Stop taking too much acidic food this will protect the teeth from discoloration.
How to Whiten Teeth Safely?
Brush your teeth twice daily, and change your brush in a few months to make sure that it remains clean and stain free. In case of any issue, check with the dentist and opt for professional services to whiten the safety of your teeth under the doctor’s supervision.
Even though the DIY methods seem alluring for whitening teeth, their risks are much higher compared to the benefits. And you will have to spend a lot once the issues arise after using the combination of lemon and baking soda.
You Might Also Like:
- How To Get Food Out Of Wisdom Teeth Holes
- How to Use Activated Charcoal for Teeth Whitening?
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Teeth Whitening – Uses, Tips and Precautions
- How to Whiten Your Teeth Using Coconut Oil and Baking Soda?
- Lemon And Baking Soda For Teeth
- 7 Best Mouthwashes For Sensitive Teeth
- 7 Best Teeth Whitening for Sensitive Teeth
- 7 Best Toothpastes For Sensitive Teeth