If there is a deposition of certain minerals and salts in a crystalline form together, in the kidney, it is termed as kidney stones, calculi, or urolithiasis. When these stones are smaller in size, a person won’t feel any pain but once they grow in size, pain is felt while it passes out of the system. A diet consisting of a higher amount of sugar, salt, or protein, and insufficient water intake are some of the major reasons which increase the chances of kidney stone formation. We will see some of the simple home remedies to deal with it, in this article.
5 Healthy Juices to Dissolve Kidney Stones
1. Dandelion Root Juice
Bile and urine formation increases in the body by drinking this juice. These help you to get rid of the unwanted waste in your body. This is recommended only for people who are not allergic to daisy because dandelion belongs to the family of daisies. Ideally, a person needs to take 3-4 cups of dandelion on a daily basis to notice the benefits. Some people also take dandelion pills of 500 mg per day for effective outcomes. But compared to the pills, it is always better to take fresh dandelion juice.
- You can take dried organic dandelion or roots of dandelion pulled out of the soil, properly cleaned, and then boiled in water to make a concoction, referred to a dandelion juice or tea.
- Besides ensuring the proper functioning of the kidney, it also helps in enhancing the digestion of an individual.
2. Celery Juice
Urination increases by taking celery juice on a regular basis. Thus the kidney stones are painlessly passed out of the body. It also has a good amount of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that are essential for reducing inflammation as well as enhancing digestion.
- Take a few celery stalks with some water and blend to make a smooth juice. Repeat this every day for better results.
3. Pomegranate Juice
Pomegranate is an amazing fruit that is rich in various vitamins like B, C, and K, along with some potassium and fiber as well. The antioxidants in this fruit keep the kidney in a healthy state and eliminate the chances of stone formation by reducing the acidity level of urine.
- Take 1-2 pomegranates, peel it off, and use a mixer grinder to make the juice.
- It is better if you avoid removing the seeds by filtering the juice as they have good fiber content.
4. Basil Juice
Tulsi is otherwise known as basil which has a lot of medicinal qualities. It relieves respiratory issues and also enhances the immune system of the body. For those suffering from kidney stones, it works by balancing the fluid, mineral, and uric acid, to provide an effective solution.
- You can pluck some fresh basil leaves, wash it and boil in water to make a concoction, or else basil powder and honey can also be used if you do not have access to fresh leaves. including this regularly in your diet can help you get rid of kidney stones.
5. Honey and Lemon Juice
This mixture forms a healthy elixir with amazing health benefits. The citrate content in lemon is efficient in fighting kidney stones. Besides this, it is effective in flushing out toxins from the body and also fighting with acne issues.
- Mix some lemon juice in water and add honey as per your taste. It is better to have 5-6 cups of this drink daily for pain alleviation and easily getting rid of kidney stones.
Here are just a few most common and effective recipes of various juices. There are other foods also that can be included in the diet such as kidney bean broth, apple cider vinegar, wheatgrass juice, and others, for eliminating kidney stones or even preventing its formation in the first step. Besides all remedial measures, make the habit of drinking 8-10 glasses of water daily to avoid kidney stone formation.
You Might Also Like:
- 5 Healthy Juices to Cleanse Your Kidneys
- 5 Healthy Kidney Cleansing Drinks
- 10 Best Foods To Eat For Kidney Stones