The skin overgrowth or benign growth of the skin is normally called the skin tag(1). It is more an annoying thing for the people rather than a problematic one. They appear as fleshy bumps on the skin. They can be seen in any size right form the size of a small rice grain to big pea size. Being obese is one of the main reasons why such benign skin growth is seen in adults. It can be reduced significantly by using natural oils like oregano oil.
What Does Oregano Oil Do to Skin Tags?
Oregano is not just an herb that is used regularly in Italian dishes. The oregano oil offers very strong immune support and has the ability to remove a lot of skin blemishes including warts, skin tags, and moles. This oil is loaded with antiseptic and antispasmodic properties and will offer great relief from skin tags.(2)
How to Remove Skin Tags with Oregano Oil?
1. Oregano Oil and Coconut Oil for Skin Tags
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut oil
- 4 to 5 drops of Oregano oil.
How to Do:
- Add the carrier coconut oil in a small bowl and then add the oregano oil drops into it.
- Mix it well. Now, apply the oil mixture on the affected area using a cotton ball.
- Make sure you apply a generous amount on the skin tag.
- Leave it to rest for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and then pat it dry.(3)
Best Time to Apply: Morning or evening.
No of Repetitions: This procedure can be done twice a day in the morning and in the evening for the first few days. You are sure to see visible results.
[ Read: How to Remove Skin Tags With Baking Soda ]
2. Tea Tree Oil and Oregano Oil for Skin Tags
Like oregano oil, tea tree oil is also essential oil. Hence, it has to be mixed with a carrier oil before you apply it to the affected areas of your skin. This will help in preventing any burns and skin irritation.(4)
- One and of tablespoon of Coconut or jojoba oil
- 3 to 4 drops of Tea tree oil
- 3 to 4 drops Oregano oil.
How to Do:
- Take a small bowl and first pour the carrier oil (coconut or jojoba oil) in it.
- Now add the tea tree oil and the oregano oil drops in the bowl and mix well.
- Ensure that the oils blend together.
- Soak a clean cloth or a cotton ball in the mixture and then hold it on to the skin tag or affected area.
- Allow it to stay there for 5 to 10 minutes.
Best Time to Apply: Morning and evening.
No of Repetitions: This process can be repeated 2 to 3 times a day until the skin tag diminishes in size.
[ Read: How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Skin Tags ]
Precautions and Tips When Using Oregano Oil
- It is very important to use the oregano essential oil in moderation and always with a carrier oil like almond oil, coconut oil, Shea butter, jojoba oil, etc. when applying directly on the skin.
- It is always a good idea to dilute this strong oil with a carrier or base oil before it is applied to the skin. This will help in preventing any skin burns.
There is no doubt that the oregano oil along with some natural carrier oils will help in effectively reducing the skin tags that you are suffering from.
Best Skin Tag Removers
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Best Freeze Skin Tag Remover:Compound W Skin Tag Remover||Buy on Amazon|
- A Clinical Evaluation Of Skin Tags In Relation To Obesity, Type 2 Diabetis Mellitus, Age, And Sex- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3179001/
- Antiviral activity of the Lippia graveolens (Mexican oregano) essential oil and its main compound carvacrol against human and animal viruses- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3768712/
- Effect of mineral oil, sunflower oil, and coconut oil on prevention of hair damage- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12715094/
- Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)-An Efficient Treatment for Warts: Two Case Reports- https://www.researchgate.net/publication/313333903_Tea_Tree_Oil_Melaleuca_alternifolia-An_Efficient_Treatment_for_Warts_Two_Case_Reports
You Might Also Like:
- 14 Serious Side Effects Of Oregano Oil
- How to Remove Skin Tags with Garlic
- How to Remove Skin Tags Naturally at Home