Eczema refers to patches on skin due to which it becomes red, itchy, inflamed, and rough. This term is used under two circumstances. Firstly, it is referred to rashes on the skin. Secondly, it can be described as a topic dermatitis(a skin problem which begins during infancy and continues throughout the childhood). Hereditary and environmental conditions remain a common factor for this disease. Irritants, food, bacteria, dust mites, microbes are few of the environmental factors that can trigger symptoms of eczema. Dry patches on skin are the symptoms of eczema, which left skin intensely itchy. Chances of developing this skin condition lies before the age of five in majority cases.
The key to this problem is to avoid eating food which causes this condition. A warm bath, proper moisturizing of the skin and use best cream or lotion made for eczema can also alleviate the symptoms of this problem. However, before a doctor’s bill, medical prescription and other commercial treatment will burn a hole in your pocket, you can always go for home remedy which always comes handy. Apple cider vinegar is one of the effective home remedies for eczema.
How Apple Cider Vinegar is Good for Eczema?
- Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which helps in killing bacteria and thereby treating fungus.
- This includes anti-inflammatory properties which help patients by reducing the redness caused by skin rashes.
- Whether it is used alone or with honey, it helps in fighting infections due to its anti-infective properties.
- It is good for the skin as it prevents it from allergens like dandruff.
- It helps in curing eczema by boosting immune system since it contains essential minerals and vitamins (such as Vitamin B and C) which are required to enhance immune system and cure the condition caused by eczema.
- Presence of beta-carotene in it keeps the skin healthy and renews skin cells.
- It has fiber which improves digestive system and helps a body to detoxify which leads to skin rashes problem such as eczema.
- Presence of potassium in the vinegar makes it anti-allergic. Also, it helps in maintaining the pH level of the skin.
How to Use of Apple Cider Vinegar for Eczema:
Undoubtedly, apple cider vinegar is a productive home remedy but it will prove to be effective only if it is used in right direction. Following are the few best ways to use it in order to derive maximum results.
1. It Should be used in Diluted Form:
- It should be 50% diluted. Apple cider vinegar and water should be taken in equal quantity and for sensitive skin ¼ cup of vinegar should be added to 3 cups of water.
- It can be applied either directly using cotton or one can put the liquid in a bottle or spray it on the affected areas.
- It should be applied twice a day i.e. in the morning and night. Keep doing it for few weeks until you see improvement.
2. Use During Regular Warm Bath:
- Mix two cups of apple cider vinegar in the warm water while taking bath.
- It should be properly mixed and soak the body for 30 minutes in it.
- Mixing 1/3 cup of sunflower oil to the bath water will also help in healing of the dry patches present on your skin.
- People with sensitive skin should go for it as it helps in removing dead skin and keep the skin moisturized.
3. Make Apple Cider Vinegar at Home:
- Take 16oz. of tepid water and mix it with apple cider vinegar.
- Put some maple syrup, honey or blackstrap molasses to improve the taste.
- It should be consumed thrice a day at least 30 minutes before taking the meal.
- Do not forget to moisture the skin after consuming it in order keep dryness at bay.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey:
- Take a cup full of water and add few tablespoons of the vinegar.
- The intake of this oral solution should be done twice a day. To enhance the taste of the mixture, you can add honey to it.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda:
- Add ¼ teaspoon of baking soda to 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix it well. Once the fizzing comes to a halt, add half cup of water to it.
- To improve the taste, tea or honey could be added to it.
- Drink the mixture daily to improve the skin.
Tips and Precautions:
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies to cure eczema. Therefore, if you are using apple cider vinegar for this skin issue, you must pay heed to the following tips and precautions in order to use the product with more effective and care respectively
- This vinegar shouldn’t be used in concentrated form. It must be diluted to protect the skin from burning sensation and stinging, especially, while using in case of children.
- Apple cider vinegar with dark in color and have sediments lying in the bottom is the one which is unfiltered, raw, and unpasteurized. It should be preferred over other to seek better results.
- One should not use irritants like soaps, detergents;shampoos, body spray, and dye in the infected area because it will lead to itching of the skin and eventually eczema outbreaks.
- Since it contains citric and acetic acid, therefore one should avoid using it in case of chronic indigestion, ulcer, and heart burns.
- Diabetic patients on medication shall not intake vinegar as it can react with insulin.
- Once you know which method works for you i.e. if apple cider vinegar provides you relief solely or it needs to be accompanied by any other product, keep following that one method for few days to find if it actually brings relief.
- It is always recommended to consult your doctor in case if you are under any medication.
If there are natural remedies available to cure eczema, then investing in commercial medicines will be a waste! What do you think? Share your experience with us.