In this article you will be known the amazing remedies for your dry and itchy scalp! Let’s accept that it is mostly every one’s problem that we have a dry and itchy scalp. Oiling our hair is not a fashion anymore! Moreover oiling is rather more irritating than being healthy. Well there are many more alternatives available to get rid of the itchy scalp that you are having.
It looks really unhealthy to rub your scalp in public. Though you do not have lice in your head but still you keep feeling the itchiness is due to the reason that you have a dry and unhealthy scalp.
The root cause of having dandruff is due to the dry scalp. As dry scalp will shed dry skin cells to your hair and this is dandruff only!
Tea Tree Oil
The first and the most awesome alternative is “Tea tree oil”, with its powerful natural properties such as it is anti fungal and it is anti-inflammation. It also has amazing antibacterial properties that can be used heal and treat itchy scalp. You can use the tea tree oil or various products of tea tree in various ways, for instance follow below:
- You must add about 10 to 20 drops of the tea tree oil you may use to directly to the scalp and wash the next day or add it to one-half cup of baby or any herbal shampoo
- You must use it daily until the condition of your scalp improves.
- Another option of using this oil is by diluting about two or three drops of tea tree oil in about one tablespoon of your regular vegetable oil and then massage this mixture onto your scalp directly.
- So by this regular use, this amazing remedy will surely heal a dry, itchy scalp within a week or two.
- Lemon juice has citric acid and is sour in taste therefore it is the best way to cure itchiness
- Lemon juice will help and treat an itchy and dry scalp also because of its amazing and strong antiseptic properties.
- It is particularly taken and is useful for dealing and healing with dandruff.
- You can also simply apply freshly squeezed lemon juice thoroughly on to the scalp.
- Then leave it on for about five to seven minutes and then you shampoo your hair as you do.
- If you do not have any kind of dandruff problem then you may dilute the lemon juice in water and use it.
- You are not baking cake here! Yes baking soda is also one of the best remedy to help you with ichyness!
- This is a really effective and readily available ingredient that can relieve up your itchy scalp is baking soda.
- It helps relieve and soothe down the itching by exfoliating the layer of your scalp and then controlling you dandruff caused by overactive fungi in your scalp..
- To use baking soda you need to make a paste with baking soda and water!
- Then apply this directly onto your scalp.
- For best results with this soda you may also rub some olive oil on your scalp before applying this baking soda paste.
- Allow the paste to soak into your scalp for about 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse well with water.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar is another remedy for your hair and scalp it has very powerful anti-inflammation properties that will help to kill the yeast and virus production that can cause itchy scalp.
- Also, apple cider vinegar is useful to balance up the pH levels of the scalp this in turn may help relieve itching and dryness.
- You must Rinse up your hair and scalp with water thoroughly and allow it to dry on its own.
- Mix equal and proportionate amounts of apple cider vinegar and water and then pour the mixture into a spray bottle as this would be easy to spread to all your head.
- Apply this mixture directly onto your scalp! You may take the help of cotton balls and then spray it on your scalp.
- After few minutes you must shampoo with normal temperature water.
- Follow this remedy for once or twice a week.
Aloe is a well known herbal and natural ingredient that everyone must use and get some intake of it to live a healthy life. You must have a small plant of aloe at your place it will help you a lot.Aloe can be applied directly on any affected area.
- Aloe vera gel contains rich moisturizing properties this will help and relieve excessive dryness and itching.
- If fresh aloe vera gel is available apply that directly and if not available, you must purchase the gel.
- Then spread some fresh aloe vera gel onto your scalp using a hair dye brush or your fingers.
- Allow it to sit and soak for about 10 to 15 minutes and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo thereafter.
- Coconut oil creates a strong and effective barrier that helps to keep your skin moisturized and hence it is one of the most effective ways to treat an itchy scalp.
- Rub some warm coconut oil onto the scalp after washing your hair your hair as it is mostly recommended to apply when your scalp is clean.
- Leave the oil on for at least half an hour or so and then wash it out with a perfume-free or herbal shampoo.
- Follow this simple and effective remedy three times a week.
- Another option is also available to gently heat coconut oil so that it melts properly and then add it to your daily shampoo before washing your hair.
These remedies are really effective if you follow any one of these at regular intervals!
You will surely see the results soon.