In the efforts to improve our hair condition, we often forget about TLC our scalp needs. Since hair grows right from the scalp, giving attention to it is equally important. Once your scalp is healthy, the hair will grow healthy too.
People suffering from itchy, flaky, or dry scalps know how frustrating it becomes to manage these conditions. If the scalp is not healthy, their health will affect too. Therefore, using the best moisturizer for the scalp is extremely important.
Here we have listed some of the most effective moisturizers for the scalp that are available in the form of oil, serum, leave-in conditioners, etc. All these products are highly beneficial in combating scalp issues and bringing the best in scalp health.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Sulfate-Free Lotion:LivSo Moisturizing Lotion||Buy on Amazon|
|Soothing Ingredients:OGX Extra Strength Refreshing + Invigorating Teatree Mint Dry Scalp Treatment||Buy on Amazon|
|Treats Flakes:Head & Shoulders Supreme Hydrating Scalp Serum||Buy on Amazon|
|Ultra Hydrating:Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer Leave-In Conditioner||Buy on Amazon|
|Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Cooling Hydration Scalp Mask||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Complex Hair:SheaMoisture Scalp Soother Oil Serum for Wig and Weave||Buy on Amazon|
|Multipurpose OIl:Nutiva Organic Cold-Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil||Buy on Amazon|
While selecting the best moisturizers for the scalp, we have checked the ingredients and ensured you get the goodness of tea tree oil, coconut oil, shea butter, and many other hair-loving ingredients. Also, we ensured they were free of sulfates and parabens that can exacerbate dryness.
So, if you are dealing with a dry and flaky scalp and want to treat your dandruff, keep reading to find the best solutions.
7 Best Moisturizers For Scalp
1. Sulfate-Free Lotion: LivSo Moisturizing Lotion
- Infused with willow bark extract, soybean seed, coconut oil, ceramides, shea butter, German chamomile flower, and honey extracts
- Loaded with hydrating and nourishing ingredients for the scalp
- Also contains aloe vera to keep the scalp itch-free and strands moisturized.
- Its lightweight and sulfate-free formula make it suitable for all hair types.
What We Don’t Like: According to some users, the consistency is inappropriate.
2. Soothing Ingredients: OGX Extra Strength Refreshing + Invigorating Teatree Mint Dry Scalp Treatment
- The active ingredients in the product are tea tree oil and witch hazel for instant hydration
- Also contains peppermint oil, one of the soothing ingredients for the scalp
- It is a lightweight oil is easy to work with
- It is sulfate and paraben free
- Comes at an affordable price and gives stunning results
- Helps moisturize and soften the scalp
What We Don’t Like: IT may make the hair slightly heavy.
3. Treats Flakes: Head & Shoulders Supreme Hydrating Scalp Serum
- A dual-purpose product that hydrates the scalp and treats flakes
- Infused with ingredients like vitamin E, argan oil, and pyrithione zinc
- Works wonders to combat itchiness or irritation of the scalp
- It is free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, phosphates, and dyes
- It is the best solution to eradicate dandruff and flaky scalp
- It is cool and refreshing
What We Don’t Like: People with oily hair may feel greasy strands after its application.
4. Ultra Hydrating: Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer Leave-In Conditioner
- It features creamy formula with ingredients like tea tree oil and jojoba oil to moisturize the hair and scalp
- The presence of peppermint helps soothe scalp irritation and brings instant relief
- It is free from sulfates and parabens
- It can also be used on other areas of your body
- Works great as a shaving cream
What We Don’t Like: It may leave a residue.
[ Read: How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Scalp ]
5. Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Cooling Hydration Scalp Mask
- Delivers intense moisture without excess greasiness on the scalp
- It is suitable for oily and thin hair
- Infused with scalp-benefitting ingredients such as nourishing tea tree and soothing aloe vera and peppermint
- Free of sulfates, silicones, parabens, and phthalates
What We Don’t Like: A patch test is recommended for sensitive skin.
6. Best for Complex Hair: SheaMoisture Scalp Soother Oil Serum for Wig and Weave
- Effectively helps to relieve tightness associated with protective hairstyles
- The presence of tea tree oil and borage seed oil offers instant hydration to the scalp
- It also contains aloe vera that helps soothe irritation
- The oil serum doesn’t contain any parabens, phthalates, sulfates, or mineral oil
- Soothes the itchy and inflamed scalp
What We Don’t Like: Overpowering fragrance.
7. Multipurpose OIl: Nutiva Organic Cold-Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil
- It contains virgin cold-pressed coconut oil
- It can be massaged directly into the scalp for amazing moisture
- USDA-certified organic and non-GMO oil, suitable for use on the body and scalp
- It can also be used for cooking purposes
- Works as a moisturizer for the face, as a natural deodorant, or even to help soothe sunburn
- Contains a refreshing coconut fragrance
What We Don’t Like: It is sticky.
All these moisturizers are highly effective and ensure a healthy and well-nourished scalp. Even though all these products are safe and gentle, we recommend performing a patch test, especially if you have sensitive skin.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Moisturizers For 4C Hair
- 7 Best Moisturizers For Sisterlocks
- 7 Best Shampoos For Oily Scalp And Dry Ends
- How Castor Oil Can Treat Your Hair From Scalp
- Is Olive Oil Good for Your Scalp?
- How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Itchy Scalp & Dandruff Relief?
- How to Get Rid of Scabs on Scalp – What it is, Causes and How to Treat
- Kerotin Scalp Massager Review
- How Often Should You Oil Your Scalp?
- 5 Simple DIY Scalp Scrub Recipes for Healthy Hair & Scalp
- Hair Color For Sensitive Scalp
- 7 Best Shampoo For Locs
- Why Does My Scalp Hurt When My Hair Is Dirty ?
- 7 Best Shampoos for Humidity
- 7 Best Shampoos For Excess Sebum