Oily hair tends to look greasy and sticky after a day of washing. Blame it on excess oily production, but the sight of oily and greasy hair is not appealing. Also, styling hair becomes problematic in such hair types. Therefore, daily washing becomes a ritual.
Even though shampooing removes the build-up and excess oil from the scalp and strands, it can also make the hair dry. It is because natural oils do not make their way to the strands, keeping them dry all the time. Regular shampooing can affect hair health tremendously, making them dehydrated, dull, and prone to breakage.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Best Overall:L’Oréal Paris Elvive Clay Rebalancing Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Budget:Aveeno Scalp Soothing Apple Cider Vinegar Blend Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Preventative:Paul Mitchell Shampoo Two||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Clarifying:WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Clarifying:Fekkai Apple Cider Detox Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Volume:Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
It is why having an oily scalp with dry ends is a common problem. Therefore, using mild shampoos that remove the excess oil and grease from the scalp without stripping off the natural oils from the strands is essential. It is one of the best ways to manage oily scalp and dry ends.
Here we have listed the 7 best shampoos for oily scalps and dry ends. Check them out!
7 Best Shampoos For Oily Scalp And Dry Ends
1. Best Overall: L’Oréal Paris Elvive Clay Rebalancing Shampoo
- An ultra-hydrating shampoo suitable for oily scalps with dry ends
- It contains three different types of clay that helps absorb oil and purify roots
- Formulated to keep the lengths of the hair hydrated
- Fights of grease while still providing the strands with much-needed moisture
- It comes at an affordable price
What We Don’t Like: It has a very strong fragrance
2. Effective and Affordable: Kérastase Specifique Divalent Balancing Shampoo for Oily Hair
- Creates an ideal balance on oily scalp and dry ends with an amino acid
- It helps de-grease the roots and scalp
- Do not strip and dry out the rest of the hair
- Adds volume and bounce to the hair
- It also adds to the shine and strength
- It contains the appealing fragrance of basil, freesia, sandalwood
What We Don’t Like: It is expensive.
[ Read: 7 Best Natural Shampoos For Oily Hair ]
3. Best Budget: Aveeno Scalp Soothing Apple Cider Vinegar Blend Shampoo
- It contains purifying apple cider vinegar
- Offers anti-inflammatory benefits to the scalp and strands
- Adds shine and gloss to stands without causing any build-up
- Gentle formula, suitable for daily use
- Leaves the cuticle smooth without feeling weighted down
- It contains the aroma of apple and saffron
What We Don’t Like: It requires a couple of washes for full results
4. Best Preventative: Paul Mitchell Shampoo Two
- Suits all hair types
- Infused with jojoba leaf extract and white ginger
- It helps remove unwanted oil right away
- Minimizes future oil production to curb greasiness over time
- It is color-safe, leaving hair shiny and voluminous
- It contains the aroma of lemon
What We Don’t Like: It may leave fine hair limp or dry
5. Best Clarifying: WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
- Works well on dry hair
- It has a natural formula of apple cider vinegar that balances the scalp and strands perfectly
- The high acidity makes it a good choice for deeply purifying and balancing pH levels
- It helps keep both scalp and hair healthy
- The pleasing aroma of sweet apple and coconut
What We Don’t Like: Overpowering fragrance.
6. Best Clarifying: Fekkai Apple Cider Detox Shampoo
- It contains apple cider vinegar to purify the scalp, prevent bacteria build-up, and offer anti-inflammatory benefits
- Also infused with the goodness of salicylic acid to help gently exfoliate and remove the extra dead skin cell build-up
- It is gentle enough to be used daily
- Also, it contains a proprietary environmental protection complex to shield hair and provide a complete protection
Features a pleasing aroma of green apple and mint and is suitable for everyday use
What We Don’t Like: It is expensive
[ Read: 7 Best Men Shampoos for Dry Hair ]
7. Best for Volume: Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo
- Suitable for all hair types
- Ideal for completely and removing any excess oil or residue
- It imparts tons of lift and volume at the roots and throughout the length of the hair
- It is color-safe and can be used on processed hair
- It helps volumize hair and makes them dense and bouncy
- Features minty and herbaceous scent
What We Don’t Like: It may dry hair.
So, now that you know some of the best shampoos for oily scalp and dry ends, it’s high time you should start using them to manage the health of your scalp and strands.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Men Shampoos for Dry Hair
- 7 Best Moisturizers For Scalp
- 7 Best Natural Shampoos for Men
- 7 Best Shampoos for Black Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos for Combination Hair
- 7 Best Dry Shampoos For Men
- 7 Best Dry Shampoos For Oily Hair
- 7 Best Oils For Dry Gray Hair
- Why Is My Hair So Dry Even With Conditioner?
- Why Does My Scalp Hurt When My Hair Is Dirty ?
- The 5 Simple DIY Scalp Scrub Recipes for Healthy Hair & Scalp
- 7 Best Shampoos For Menopausal Dry Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos For Excess Sebum