Applying moisturizer is an essential step of any makeup routine. Since you apply multiple products on the face like foundation, primer, concealer, highlighter, and whatnot, ensuring that skin’s health is not compromised is essential.
Makeup can dry and dehydrate skin, extracting all the moisture locked inside. Therefore, applying a layer of moisturizer before wearing any other makeup product is essential. It helps keep the skin hydrated and well moisturized.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Drugstore Moisturizer:Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel||Buy on Amazon|
|Natural Ingredients:LilyAna Naturals Rose & Pomegranate Face Cream||Buy on Amazon|
|Mattifying Effect:La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat Anti-Brilliance Mattifying Moisturizer||Buy on Amazon|
|Antioxidant Rich:InstaNatural Vitamin C Moisturizer||Buy on Amazon|
|Long Lasting Result:Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream||Buy on Amazon|
|Ultra Hydrating:Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré Cream||Buy on Amazon|
|Natural Radiance:First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer||Buy on Amazon|
Using the best moisturizer before makeup helps keep skin nourished. Therefore, here we listed some of the most effective moisturizers you can apply before makeup to ensure your skin’s health. These products will also boost your skin’s natural glow and radiance.
Giving your skin a healthy appearance is essential irrespective of what makeup you are wearing. So, scroll ahead and find out the seven best moisturizers before makeup.
7 Best Moisturizers For Before Makeup
1. Drugstore Moisturizer: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
- It has a water gel formula that gets absorbed quickly into the skin.
- It helps keep the skin hydrated for long hours
- Formulated with purified hyaluronic acid that locks in the moisture to prevent further drying
- Gives silky smooth and supple skin
- It is free of oil and dye and is non-comedogenic as well.
- Works well on all skin types
What We Don’t Like: It has parabens; therefore not suitable for sensitive skin.
2. Natural Ingredients: LilyAna Naturals Rose & Pomegranate Face Cream
- It is suitable for all skin complexions
- It helps manage skin conditions like eczema, Rosacea, and dermatitis
- Easy to absorb formula
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Brightens and lightens the skin tone
- Free of parabens
What We Don’t Like: It contains phenoxyethanol.
[ Read: 10 Best Tinted Moisturizer For Rosacea ]
3. Mattifying Effect: La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat Anti-Brilliance Mattifying Moisturizer
- It absorbs excess moisture from the skin and makes it soft and supple
- Reduces the appearance of enlarged pores
- Packed with micro-exfoliating LHA
- Tightens skin pores and makes them disappear
- It offers a matte finish and gives a long-lasting result
- It is dermatologist-tested
What We Don’t Like: It is expensive.
4. Antioxidant Rich: InstaNatural Vitamin C Moisturizer
- It contains a rich blend of aloe vera, vitamin C, niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, and sunflower oil
- A gentle massage helps increase blood circulation
- It helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Also, it helps to achieve smoother and brighter skin for flawless makeup application
- Lightweight texture boosts collagen and brightens skin
What We Don’t Like: According to users, the smell of the cream is unpleasing.
[ Read: 7 Best Moisturizers For Brightening Skin ]
5. Long Lasting Result: Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream
- It hydrates the skin deeply and brightens the skin tone
- Offers a gloss that lasts up to 12 hours after application
- Formulated with 63.4% super collagen water
- Features watery gel formula that absorbed quickly into the skin
- Shows results within five days of regular use
- It is free of minerals and is suitable for extremely dry skin
What We Don’t Like: It is strongly scented.
6. Ultra Hydrating: Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré Cream
- It offers an ultra-hydrating effect on the skin
- It can be used as a makeup primer, beauty mask, and a day and night cream
- Features a milky and creamy formula
- It gets easily absorbed into the skin
- Keeps skin nourished for long hours
- It suits all skin types and is free of parabens
What We Don’t Like: It contains mineral oils; therefore, a patch test is recommended.
7. Natural Radiance: First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer
- Enriched with coconut water, quinoa protein, and a blend of minerals
- It gives healthy-looking skin and amplifies its natural radiance
- It is dermatologist-tested
- Free of parabens or mineral oils; therefore suitable for sensitive skin
What We Don’t Like: It may make the skin slightly heavy.
All the moisturizers we have listed are based on their quality, performance as well as ingredients. At the same time, we have also considered users’ reviews to ensure you get nothing but the best and upkeep the skin’s health.
All these moisturizers are rich in oils and different types of butter and deliver essential Vitamins and minerals to the skin. So, get any of them and enjoy a healthy glow.
You Might Also Like:
- How to Make Your Makeup Last All Day?
- 7 Best Moisturizers For Black Skin
- 7 Best Moisturizers For Textured Skin
- 7 Best Moisturizers For Brightening Skin
- How to Apply Simple Everyday Makeup
- What Should You Do Before Applying Makeup?
- Makeup Mistakes That Are Actually Ageing You
- How to Remove Makeup the Right Way
- 7 Best Tinted Moisturizers for Oily Skin
- 7 Best Face Moisturizers For Black Men
- Top 10 Best Face Moisturizers For Acne
- How To Use Self-Tanner And Moisturizer
- 7 Best Primers For Textured Skin