Black skin needs special attention as it is prone to dryness. When exposed to harsh environmental conditions, black skin loses its natural moisture faster than any other skin type. As a result, the skin looks dry, dull, and dehydrated.
Therefore, black men need special moisturizers that can prevent thus dehydration and keep skin deeply nourished and moisturized. Luckily, many brands work specifically for black skin and make effective and the best face moisturizers for black men.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Hypoallergenic:CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion||Buy on Amazon|
|Clinically Proven:Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer||Buy on Amazon|
|Organic Ingredients:Baebody Retinol Moisturizer Cream||Buy on Amazon|
|Ultra Moisturization:L’Oreal Paris Skincare Hydra Genius||Buy on Amazon|
|Ultra Nourishing:Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel||Buy on Amazon|
|Best For Dry Skin:SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer||Buy on Amazon|
|Anti-Aging Benefits:Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream||Buy on Amazon|
If you cannot decide on the best moisturizer, we have curated a list of the best face moisturizers for black skin. Irrespective of the weather, using any of these will keep your skin plump and supple.
Check them out!
7 Best Face Moisturizers For Black Men
1. Hypoallergenic: CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- The active ingredients are Ceramides and Hyaluronic Acid
- It suits all skin types- a normal- dry, oily combination, as well as sensitive
- Keeps skin hydrated for over 24 hours and locks in the moisture
- It is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic due to its gentle formula
- The National Eczema Association approves it, thus, works best for dry skin
What We Don’t Like: It has a pump dispenser that often comes broken during shipping.
2. Clinically Proven: Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer
- The active ingredient of this face moisturizer is soy (Total Soy Complex), which is processed soybean that
- provides deep nourishment to dry skin.
- It contains SPF, thus protecting the skin from harmful UV rays
- It helps even out the uneven skin texture and retains the skin’s integrity.
- It also contains natural light diffusers that reflect light to smoothen the skin imperfections
What We Don’t Like: The strong fragrance of this moisturizer is not liked by everyone. Also, it contains mica.
[ Read: Home Remedies for Dry Skin on Face ]
3. Organic Ingredients: Baebody Retinol Moisturizer Cream
- The active ingredients are retinol, shea butter, vitamins B5 and E, jojoba oil, and green tea
- It is an excellent moisturizer that offers anti-aging benefits to the skin
- It suits all skin types due to the presence of safe and organic ingredients
- It helps improve the skin texture and makes the skin tone even
- Free of paraben and phthalates
What We Don’t Like: Some users complain that the dispenser malfunctioned after a few uses.
[ Read: 7 Best Moisturizers For Brightening Skin ]
4. Ultra Moisturization: L’Oreal Paris Skincare Hydra Genius
- The active ingredients are hyaluronic acid and aloe vera
- It is a lightweight water-based lotion that moisturizes skin and provides deep nourishment to it
- It is lightweight and suitable for all skin types
- The skin stays moisturized and hydrated for over 72 hours
- It absorbs quickly due to its gel-like consistency
What We Don’t Like: The fragrance may feel overpowering to some users.
5. Ultra Nourishing: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
- The active ingredients are hyaluronic acid, sunflower seed cake, and cucumber extracts
- Works best for all skin types, especially oily and dry skin
- Strengthens the skin barrier and protects it from drying
- A dermatologist develops it; thus completely safe
- Free from parabens and phthalates
What We Don’t Like: It may feel slightly greasy on the skin.
[ Read: 7 Best Men’s Face Washes For Oily Skin ]
6. Best For Dry Skin: SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer
- The active ingredients are shea butter, African black soap, tamarind oil extract
- It is meant for dry skin but gives effective results to combination and oily skin too
- It is lightweight and extremely nourishing and hydrating
- Free from parabens, phthalate, mineral oil, and sulfate
What We Don’t Like: The fragrance may seem unpleasing.
7. Anti-Aging Benefits: Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
- The active ingredients are Hyaluronic Acid, Peptides, and Vitamin B3
- It helps nourish and hydrate the skin with its ultra-hydrating power
- It improves skin cell turnover and removes dead skin cells
- It improves skin texture and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- It is fragrance-free
What We Don’t Like: It contains paraben that may harm sensitive skin; therefore patch test is recommended.
A healthy skincare regime can work wonders in bringing charm and glow to the skin. Since black skin is prone to dryness more than any other complexion, using these face moisturizers will help tremendously. Buy any of the products we have mentioned according to your skin type, and say goodbye to dull and dry skin forever.
You Might Also Like:
- Top 10 Best Face Moisturizers For Acne
- 5 Easy Homemade Anti-Aging Face Masks for Treating Wrinkles
- 7 Best Moisturizers For Black Skin
- 7 Best Moisturizers For Textured Skin
- 7 Best Moisturizers For Before Makeup
- 7 Best Tinted Moisturizers for Oily Skin