The high level of melanin is a unique quality of skin that makes it dark. Apart from it, the barrier repair function is also different in people with black skin. All these combine to make black skin prone to certain skin conditions, among which dryness is one. Therefore, black skin needs special care and attention.
Moreover, as per a study, dark African-American skin had a higher incidence of transepidermal water loss than lighter skin. Due to all these factors, dark skin always requires a good hydrating ingredient that keeps the skin soft and supple, irrespective of weather conditions.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Organic Ingredients:Baebody Retinol Moisturizer Cream||Buy on Amazon|
|Clinically Proven:Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer||Buy on Amazon|
|Hypoallergenic:CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion||Buy on Amazon|
|Ultra Nourishing:Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel||Buy on Amazon|
|Best For Dry Skin:SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Whipped Body Butter:Buttah Skin by Dorion Renaud Buttah Body Trio for Melanin-Rich Skin||Buy on Amazon|
If you are looking for the best moisturizer for black skin, you are at the right place. Here we have listed the most effective skincare products that people with black skin can use to keep their skin well-nourished, deeply hydrated, and intensely moisturized.
7 Best Moisturizers For Black Skin
1. Organic Ingredients: Baebody Retinol Moisturizer Cream
- The active ingredients are retinol, shea butter, vitamins B5 and E, jojoba oil, and green tea
- It is an excellent moisturizer that offers anti-aging benefits to the skin as well
- It suits all skin types due to the presence of safe and organic ingredients
- It helps improve the skin texture and makes the skin tone even
- Free of paraben and phthalates
What We Don’t Like: Some users complain that the dispenser malfunctioned after a few uses.
[ Read: 7 Best Moisturizers For Before Makeup ]
2. Clinically Proven: Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer
- The active ingredient of this face moisturizer is soy (Total Soy Complex), which is processed soybean
- Provides deep nourishment to dry black skin
- It contains SPF, thus protecting the skin from harmful UV rays as well
- It helps even out the uneven skin texture and retains the skin’s integrity.
- Also, it contains natural light diffusers that reflect light to smoothen the skin imperfections
What We Don’t Like: The strong fragrance of this moisturizer is not liked by everyone. Also, it contains mica.
3. Hypoallergenic: CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- The active ingredients are Ceramides and Hyaluronic Acid
- It suits all skin types- a normal- dry, oily combination, as well as sensitive
- Keeps skin hydrated for over 24 hours and locks in the moisture
- It is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic due to its gentle formula
- The National Eczema Association approves it, thus, works best for dry skin
What We Don’t Like: It has a pump dispenser that often comes broken during shipping.
4. Ultra Nourishing: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
- The active ingredients are hyaluronic acid, sunflower seed cake, and cucumber extracts
- Works best for all skin types, especially oily and dry skin
- Strengthens the skin barrier and protects it from drying
- A dermatologist develops it; thus completely safe
- Free from parabens and phthalates
What We Don’t Like: It may feel slightly greasy on the skin.
[ Read: 7 Best Moisturizers For Brightening Skin ]
5. Best For Dry Skin: SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer
- The active ingredients are shea butter, African black soap, tamarind oil extract
- It is meant for dry skin but gives effective results to combination and oily skin too
- It is lightweight and extremely nourishing and hydrating
- Free from parabens, phthalate, mineral oil, and sulfate
What We Don’t Like: The fragrance may seem unpleasing.
6. Enjoy The Goodness of Butters: Ulta Keys Soulcare Skin Transformation Cream
- It contains shea and cocoa butter to lock in moisture
- Infused with antioxidants and fatty acids to soothe, calm, and nourish the skin
- Replenish the skin’s natural barrier to lock in moisture and ensure lasting hydration
- It also consists of Bakuchiol that exfoliates and resurfaces the skin for improved tone, texture, and radiance
What We Don’t Like: The cream doesn’t smell very good.
[ Read: 7 Best Face Moisturizers For Black Men ]
7. Best Whipped Body Butter: Buttah Skin by Dorion Renaud Buttah Body Trio for Melanin-Rich Skin
- Highly effective for both women and men with melanin-rich skin
- Made with virgin, organic unrefined shea butter from Africa
- Smooth, soothe and nourish skin and also protect it from the weather, stress, and harshness
- Suitable for daily use and is also great for itchy and sore patches
What We Don’t Like: What we don’t like: Some people may find the smell of this cream very unpleasing.
Now that you know some of the best moisturizers for black skin, it’s high time you should shift from your normal moisturizers to those made specifically for dark skin. They will replenish the lost moisture and repair the damaged dark skin. At the same time, they will lock in the moisture to keep skin well-hydrated, soft and supple.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Fade Creams For Black Skin
- 7 The Best Drugstore Foundations For Dark Skin
- 7 Best Toners For Black Skin
- 7 Best Toning Creams For Black Skin Without Hydroquinone
- 7 Best Soaps For Black Skin
- 7 Best Lotions For Black Skin
- 7 Best Cocoa Butter Lotions For Black Skin
- 7 Best Body Butters for Black Skin
- 7 Best Tinted Moisturizers for Oily Skin
- 7 Best Moisturizers For Textured Skin
- Top 10 Best Face Moisturizers For Acne
- 5 Easy Homemade Moisturizers for All Skin Types