If you brush oily hair with any random brush, you are making your hair prone to damage. Oily hair needs special treatment, and it doesn’t only mean using the right shampoo and conditioner. One basic thing that you need to keep in mind is using the best brush for oily hair.
Brushes made with boar bristles are considered the most suitable hair brushes for oily hair. They aid in taking oil from your scalp and distributing it evenly through the strands. It makes the roots appear less greasy. At the same time, you need to check the brush’s styles, shapes, and sizes, as it will help in styling.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Adds Shine and Texture:Belula 100% Boar Bristle Hair Brush Set||Buy on Amazon|
|Professional Hair Brush:Cortex Professional Boar Bristle Brushes For Women and Men||Buy on Amazon|
|Boar & Nylon Bristle Brush:BESTOOL Hair Brush||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Thin and Short Hair:PERFEHAIR Small Round Hair Brush||Buy on Amazon|
|100% Boar Hair Brush:Spornette DeVille Cushion Paddle Boar Bristle 344||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Bangs:Conair 100% Boar Bristle Hairbrush||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Anti-frizz Brush:Morsafe Vented Curved Boar Bristle Hair Brush||Buy on Amazon|
Brushes For Oily Hair
Here are our best picks for the top 7 brushes for oily hair based on reviews and users’ preferences for oily hair. Check them out to maintain oily hair and appear grease-free.
7 Best Brushes For Oily Hair
1. Adds Shine and Texture: Belula 100% Boar Bristle Hair Brush Set
- Soft boar bristle hairbrush to help you get smoother and shinier hair
- Distribute the naturally produced oil by the scalp on your hair strands
- Offers the best organic anti-frizz treatment
- Hair becomes healthier, softer, and conditioned with regular brushing
- Brush’s 9-inch handle is made from bamboo
- Boasts an ergonomic shape for comfortable holding
What We Don’t Like: It is not suitable for fine or damaged hair as it may break them even further.
[ Read: Effective Tips For Healthy Hair ]
2. Professional Hair Brush: Cortex Professional Boar Bristle Brushes For Women and Men
- 2.75-inch diameter brush, adding volume to the hair or even creating gorgeous curls
- Made from 100% natural boar hair, so they’re soft to not snag your strands
- The sleek black handle is shaped for comfort
- Perfect choice for men, women, and children with straight, curly, or wavy, thick to fine hair
What We Don’t Like: According to a user, the brush lost a few bristles over the first few uses.
3. Boar & Nylon Bristle Brush: BESTOOL Hair Brush
- 70% of the bristles are made from soft boar hair, taking the oil from roots and distributing it throughout the strands
- The rest of the bristles are made with stiff nylon, known for its detangling powers
- Features 3.9 inches-wide paddle brush head and 9.8 inches-long bamboo handle
- It comes with a brush cleaner and a travel bag.
What We Don’t Like: According to users, the brush gets dirty quickly. Also, the wooden handle hurts to hold.
4. Best for Thin and Short Hair: PERFEHAIR Small Round Hair Brush
- 100% natural boar bristles,
- Glides right through the hair, dispersing oil from roots throughout
- It has an 8 inches long, lightweight wooden handle which is smooth and comfortable to hold
- Great for short hair, barbers, and bangs
- The polished durable natural wood handle provides the most comfort for the hand while styling
What We Don’t Like: According to some users, the handle is not ergonomic; and often slips from the hand.
- Extra-wide brush head and spaced-out bristles
- An excellent option for anyone with thicker hair who wants a 100% boar hair option
- Features a rubber cushioned base to securely hold the bristles in place
- It’s vented to allow the brush to dry quickly after use
- The wooden handle is ergonomically shaped and lightweight
What We Don’t Like: Even though the brush is high-quality, it is heavy.
[ Read: 7 Best Brushes for Damaged Hair ]
6. Best for Bangs: Conair 100% Boar Bristle Hairbrush
- The paddle brush is small, with a 1-inch brush head.
- Packed with 100% natural boar bristles
- The brush is ultra-soft, gliding right through the tresses, taking the oil from your roots and spreading it evenly throughout
- The total length is about 8.38 inches, and the rubber handle is comfortable.
What We Don’t Like: The varnish of the wood is thin and flakes with time.
7. Best Anti-frizz Brush: Morsafe Vented Curved Boar Bristle Hair Brush
- Boar nylon bristle paddle brush that can distribute natural oil from the scalp evenly on the hair
- Keeps hair strands well pampered and prevents hair from drying out
- The round-tipped detangling pins massage the scalp, help hair grow better, and add more shine to them
- The gaps in the back of the vent detangler brush allow air to pass through the hairbrush
What We Don’t Like: They work well for minor knots, but for big knots, it doesn’t work well.
[ Read: How To Detangle Matted Hair? ]
These brushes intend to bring charisma to your hair by dispersing oil throughout so the strands stay hydrated. When you use the right brush, you can skip using hair conditioners, and other treatments as the hair stay hydrated with the scalp’s natural oil- the best for hair.
Get any brushes mentioned above for oily hair, and enjoy your luscious locks.
You Might Also Like:
- How To Get Rid Of Oily Hair Naturally
- Best 2 In 1 Shampoo And Conditioner
- 5 Homemade Hair Serum Recipes for Healthy & Nourishing Hair
- 5 Best Homemade Hair Conditioners
- Home Remedies For Dry Hair
- 7 Best Brushes For Wet Hair
- 7 Best Dry Shampoos For Oily Hair
- 7 Best Hair Brushes For Fine Hair
- 7 Best Hot Air Brushes For Short Hair
- 7 Best Natural Shampoos For Oily Hair
- 7 Best Round Brushes For Fine Hair