Cinnamon, that godsend spice lying quietly in some corner of your kitchen, is actually a blessing for your hair. Homemade cinnamon masks contain natural vitamins and antioxidants (i). These ingredients promote follicle growth and make hair silky, soft and shiny. As a matter of fact, this aromatic spice is also one of the safest and most natural ways of lightening your hair. It contains a chemical called peroxide which is a natural hair lightening agent. Read further to know more about how to lighten hair with cinnamon.(1)
How to Lighten Hair with Cinnamon
In answer to your question — how to lighten hair with cinnamon –, we have discussed below some homemade cinnamon masks that you can use to lighten your hair. Here is a list of things you will need.
- First, if you do not already have cinnamon in your kitchen, run to your nearest grocery store and buy ground cinnamon or cinnamon sticks.
- You will also need honey — we will recommend using raw honey.
- Make sure you have a good conditioner in your washroom as well as a shower cap.
- Lastly, you will also need some lemon juice, eggs, and olive oil.
Cinnamon and Conditioner Mask
- Mix cinnamon and conditioner in equal proportions.
- We will recommend mixing one tablespoon of each.
- Create a uniform mixture and apply it evenly on your hair.
- Comb through your hair to make sure that the mixture has spread evenly.
- Cover with a shower cap and leave overnight.
- Shampoo the next morning and be pleasantly surprised to see the color of your hair.
Cinnamon and Honey for Hair Lightening
To make this homemade cinnamon and honey mask,
- 3 tablespoons of raw honey
- 3 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
How to do:
- Mix 3 tablespoons of raw honey with 3 tablespoons of ground cinnamon (ii).
- Add one tablespoon each of coconut and macadamia oil to the mixture and your mask is ready.
- Leave it on for 40 minutes before shampooing.
Honey, Cinnamon and Olive Oil Mask
This mask is the perfect remedy if you have been struggling with hair loss and hair fall problems.(2)
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- one tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- one-third teaspoon of cayenne pepper tincture
How to do:
- To make this mask, heat 5 tablespoons of olive oil with 3 tablespoons of honey.
- Add one tablespoon of ground cinnamon and one-third teaspoon of cayenne pepper tincture to the mixture and let it cool down.
- If you do not have cayenne pepper tincture, you can also add a raw egg to the cooled mixture.
- Once cool, apply the mask evenly on your hair.
- Leave it to dry for 40 minutes. Wash off with a mild shampoo.
[ Read: How to Lighten Hair with Honey ]
Cinnamon and Lemon Juice Hair Mask
This, in my opinion, is the best mask if you wish to naturally lighten your hair. Use honey as the base for this mask.(3)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of distilled water
- 1 spoonful of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
How to do:
- For every tablespoon of honey added, also add a tablespoon of distilled water.
- Mix well until you have a uniform mixture.
- Add a spoonful of ground cinnamon to this mixture and finish the mask by adding one tablespoon of lemon.(iii)
- Apply this mixture on your hair as a hair mask
How it works: This mask is not only the perfect answer to how to lighten your hair with cinnamon, but it is also one of the best masks for deep cleansing your hair.
Note: However, remember to never leave this mask on for more than 30 minutes.
There is so much you can do with the cinnamon sticks lying in your kitchen. All you have to do is find the right ingredients to mix with them.
Best Hair Lightening Products
- Cinnamon: Mystic powers of a minute ingredient- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4466762/
- Medicinal and cosmetic uses of Bee’s Honey – A review- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3611628/
- Effect of Cinnamomum osmophloeum Kanehira Leaf Aqueous Extract on Dermal Papilla Cell Proliferation and Hair Growth- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5898689/
You Might Also Like: