- Apart from healing a dry and scaly skin; Olive Oil also makes your hair soft and shiny.
- The overall health of your scalp also benefits from olive oil.
- When you take an olive oil massage, it can improve the blood circulation
- When you use Olive oil to massage your hair, it can stop and even cure hair loss.
When it concerns with your hair care, we say that olive oil is the best. Keeping a bottle of olive oil handy in your kitchen, but also in your bathroom can help your hair to look stronger, thicker, shinier and longer. Yes, olive oil is a rich moisturizing oil; you can use it as a conditioner, a finishing product or as a hot oil treatment.
With age passing by, the structure of the hair also undergoes a slow change and your hair becomes weaker resulting in hair loss and graying.
You may be having hair loss for many reasons such as misuse of hair care products, pollution, poor diet, frequent coloring apart from certain medications or over processing of the hair. You can reverse the causes of hair loss.
- Is Olive Oil Good for Hair Growth?
- How to Use Olive oil for Hair Growth
- Olive oil for Hair Growth
- Egg and Olive Oil for Hair Growth
- Castor oil and Olive oil for Hair Growth
- Olive oil and Coconut oil for Hair Growth
- Amla and Olive oil for Hair Growth
- Avocado and Olive oil for Hair Growth
- Olive oil and Shea Butter for Hair Growth
- Cinnamon and Olive oil for Hair Growth
- Olive oil and Fenugreek for Hair Growth
- Green Tea and Olive oil for Hair Growth
- Garlic and Olive oil for Hair Growth
- Olive oil and Onion Juice for Hair Growth
- Vinegar and Olive oil for Hair Growth
- Yogurt and Olive oil for Hair Growth
Is Olive Oil Good for Hair Growth?
- A major advantage of using olive oil for hair growth is that it strengthens the hair shafts and hair follicles thereby stopping your hair from breaking off quickly.
- In Olive oil, the fatty acids which are present make it to be the best conditioner for your hair. After it has been properly conditioned, it bends under pressure instead of snapping and breaking off.
- In olive oil the omega-6 fatty acid prevents it from losing water in a dry environment. As your body is unable to produce omega-6 naturally, Olive oil helps getting the needed source.
- It also stimulates hair growth if it is taken as a supplement.
How to Use Olive oil for Hair Growth
Olive oil for Hair Growth
- In a bowl, take some olive oil.
- Heat the oil until it becomes slightly warm.
- For 15 minutes massage the oil and blend it into your scalp.
- When you have finished massaging your scalp, massage the oil into your hair until it’s fully covered.
- On applying olive oil to your hair, in olive oil the omega-6 fatty acid prevents it from losing water in a dry environment.
[ Read: How to Use Coconut oil for Hair ]
Egg and Olive Oil for Hair Growth
Eggs are supposed to be rich in iron, protein, phosphorous, Sulphur, iodine and zinc which are helpful in strengthening the growth of your hair. Separate the egg white. Now whisk it thoroughly.
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Preparation time: 5 minutes.
- Put the yolk and egg white in a bowl.
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of honey and olive oil into it and mix well.
- Apply this mixture on your entire hair and leave it on for 20 – 30 minutes.
- With your choice of shampoo, rinse your hair normally.
Repetitions: You are advised to repeat this entire process at least once in 2 weeks.
[ Read: Homemade Egg Hair Mask ]
Castor oil and Olive oil for Hair Growth
For your facial skin, castor oil can be an excellent emollient as it will not cause acne. Being a thick ingredient, you need to dilute with other oils before using it. Olive oil can be added to it before massaging it into skin. Olive oil has lots of anti-aging hydrating Squalene, antioxidants and is ideal for hair, skin, and nails.
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Castor oil
Procedure: Mix both the ingredients in a bowl and massage it into your scalp. Let it rest for 20-30 minutes before washing it off.
When to use: This can be used 30 minutes before your hair wash or at night before bed.
How often to use: Olive oil and Castor Oil are wonderful ingredients. You are advised to repeat this entire process at least once in 2 weeks.
[ Read: How to Use Castor oil for Hair Growth ]
Olive oil and Coconut oil for Hair Growth
At room temperature, you will find that coconut oil is solid. This is why it becomes necessary for you to gently warm it, should not be too much else you may risk a burn. It should be warmed just right so that you can mix it with olive oil so that you can apply it easily to your hair. In order to reduce itching and inflammation, coconut oil will seep through your skin to moisturize and soften it. Coconut oil also contains some anti-bacterial and antibiotic properties so that you can maintain your scalp healthy and itch free.
- This can be done by using a ratio of one-part olive oil and one part of coconut oil.
- The warm mixture should now be applied to your strands.
- You should wrap your hair in a plastic bag.
- Now cover your hair with a towel.
- You should let the blend to seep for about 45 minutes and wash off.
When to use: It can applied at night or before hair wash.
[ Read: Benefits of Coconut oil for Hair ]
Amla and Olive oil for Hair Growth
Amla is an antioxidant having rich blend of vitamin C, amino acids, minerals, flavonoid and tannins. This wonderful berry minimizes hair loss; it acts as a natural conditioner, greying as well as in enhancing the texture and thickness. Both are important for hair growth.
- 3-4 Amla
- 2 tablespoon of Olive oil
How To Use It:
- Grate a fresh amla to extract its juice.
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of olive and amla juice oil.
- Apply the mixture on the scalp of your hair for some time.
- Wear a shower cap and leave on for 1 – 2 hours.
- Using shampoo and water, rinse your hair normally.
- This process should be repeated 2 times in a week.
Avocado and Olive oil for Hair Growth
Avocado as well as olive oil has moisturizing properties and they will leave your hair looking shiny and soft. Olive oil treats damage, smoothes frizz and helps get rid of tangles. On the other hand, avocados are rich in biotin, a vitamin which can make your hair as well as your nails stronger.
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey (optional)
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, Avocado and some essential oil.
- You may use honey optional.
- Whip till color is light and is smooth
- Damp the hair with water and apply the mixture
- Pay attention to the ends of the hair and apply well.
- Put on a shower cap.
- Heat with a hair dryer or sit under the sun fro 30 – 40 minutes and then wash off naturally.
Repetitions: This process can be repeated 2-3 times weekly.
[ Read: Homemade Avocado Hair Mask ]
Olive oil and Shea Butter for Hair Growth
The olive oil and shea butter mix is very popular in the natural beauty world asides from the fact that it’s moisturizing and intensely nourishing. This mixture is suitable for dry chapped skin and dry hair. The mixture of shea butter and olive oil is an excellent DIY treatment for your hair especially in the winters as it keeps your skin looking healthy.
How to use Shea Butter and Olive Oil for Hair Growth
- 2 tbsp of unrefined shea butter
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
- All of the ingredients should be placed in an electric stand mixer and beat it until you get a soft white cream.
- You should scrape down the sides so that you can get all of the ingredients get mixed up.
- Transfer this mixture to a clean bowl.
Prepare your Hair for the Mask:
- You should ensure that your hair is clean and damp. With the help of clean finger tips apply the mix on your scalp.
- When your entire scalp is coated with the mixture, apply the remaining mixture on your hair strands.
- Tie your hair with a soft cloth then cover it with a shower and call it a night! You can place an old towel over your pillow in order to prevent any stains from slip-ups of the shower cap.
- Wash your hair as thoroughly as possible with water and shampoo, the next morning. You may have to shampoo your hair twice to remove all the oils.
Precautions: Preferably apply a natural sulfate-free shampoo!
Cinnamon and Olive oil for Hair Growth
For quite some time, cinnamon has long been known as the ideal solution for encouraging hair growth by treating baldness and stopping frequent hair fall.
- You will have to prepare a mask by combining 2 tablespoons of pure olive oil with 1 teaspoon of fine cinnamon powder.
- You should now massage this mixture into your scalp for some time.
- Let it rest for the next half an hour.
- Then, wash off with a mild shampoo.
- You may experience some sort of a tingling sensation, which is absolutely natural.
Precautions: Simply, remember to warm up the olive oil a little before preparing the mask.
Olive oil and Fenugreek for Hair Growth
Fenugreek seeds are rich in nicotinic acid, lecithin and amino acids all of which help in building hair follicles asides from strengthening your hair root to tip so that your hair gets a natural shine.
- In order to use this mixture, Mix 1 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of finely, dried and ground fenugreek seeds.
- You should massage this mixture on your scalp and hair.
- After 10 mins. rinse your hair with warm water.
When to use: You may apply this paste twice in a week.
[ Read: Home Remedies for Hair Growth ]
Green Tea and Olive oil for Hair Growth
Lightly spray your hair daily to stimulate, add shine to your hair growth, moisturize & strengthen. Studies have revealed that Green Tea may even prevent hair loss!
- 2 green tea bags
- 1 tbsp of Lemon
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- One part of Ginseng
- 1 cup of Water
- 1/4th cup of Olive oil
- In 1 cup of water, steep 2 Bags of Green Tea with Lemon, Honey and Ginseng.
- When the mixture has cooled down to room temperature, remove the bags & pour the tea into a spray bottle.
- Pour in some one fourth cup of Olive Oil
- Shake Well and spray.
Garlic and Olive oil for Hair Growth
Garlic was used for hair loss in traditional folk remedies, by chopping some clove and rubbing it on the scalp. Now simply use olive oil head massage after an hour. You should not wash the hair until the following day.
Note: If you don’t like the smell of garlic try mixing some lemon juice or rose water to the mixture.
- A quarter of Olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves
- Peel and crush the cloves and blend with olive oil in a food processor or blender.
- Mix till thick, Apply this paste to your scalp and massage gently.
- You will notice difference within a few days.
Another Option is the Essential Oils: lavender, rosemary and peppermint oils are supposed to be excellent for hair growth whereas tea tree and eucalyptus are recommended for clearing dandruff.
Olive oil and Onion Juice for Hair Growth
- 3 tbsp of Onion juice
- 1 tbsp of Olive oil
- Use 3 tablespoons of onion juice.
- Mix 1 and half tablespoons of olive oil in it.
- In circular motions, massage your hair with this mixture.
- After 2 hours wash this mixture off with a shampoo of your choice.
- This process should be done regularly so that you can avail stronger, dandruff-free hair!
Vinegar and Olive oil for Hair Growth
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
- 2 tbsp of Vinegar
- Mix 2 tablespoon of olive oil with 1 tablespoon of Vinegar
- Massage your scalp for 5 minutes and leave it for an hour
- Wash with a mild shampoo.
Yogurt and Olive oil for Hair Growth
Yogurt is full of calcium and protein; and is one of the magical kitchen remedy for your hair.
- ½ cup of yogurt
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
- Mix Yogurt and Olive oil in a bowl.
- Apply this paste and leave it for 20-30 minutes
- Wash off with mild shampoo.
- You are advised to repeat this process twice a week, and you’ll start to see a difference.
Simple DIY remedies, right? Apply these home cares at your own ease but take the precautions of avoiding any kind of chemicals. Make efforts and with time you will also have soft, smooth and bouncy hair.
- How to Get Rid of Acne with Olive Oil
- How To Tighten Saggy Breasts with Olive Oil
- Can Olive Oil Be Used to Relieve Constipation