Acne is a very common skin problem that many people suffer from. Though there are many over-the-counter medications and ointments that help treat this condition, most of them can cause reactions and can also leave your skin dry. Thus it is best to opt for a natural treatment, and one such remedy you can try is olive oil.
Does Olive oil Good for Acne?
- Olive oil is indeed good for acne, and if you are wondering how then read the few points given below.
- Olive oil has natural antibacterial properties and thus kills acne-causing germs
- It reduces inflammation, swelling, and redness caused by acne
- Antioxidants present in olive oil can fade away acne scars
- Olive oil is known to heal damaged skin
- It contains polyphenols which protect the skin against harmful free radical
- It helps remove dead skin cells that clog the pores of our skin
How to use Olive Oil for Acne?
Olive oil interestingly can be used in more than one way to cure acne and acne scars, and we shall get to learn about a few of them right away.
Castor oil and Olive oil for Acne
- Castor oil – 2 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- A wash cloth
- Take the bowl and add both olive oil and castor oil in it.
- Mix well and with clean fingertips apply a thick layer on the affected area.
- Let it stay for 30 minutes and then clean using a wet washcloth.
Repetition – Follow this remedy every night to clean your clogged pores and get rid of acne.
[ Read: How to Use Castor oil for Acne ]
Tea Tree oil and Olive oil for Acne
- Extra virgin olive oil – 9 teaspoon
- Tea tree oil – 1 teaspoon
- A bowl of hot water and a washcloth
- Clean your face and pat dry.
- Combine the olive oil and tea tree oil in a bowl.
- Dip a washcloth in the bowl of hot water and wring to get rid of the excess water.
- Place this warm washcloth on the affected area. This will help open the skin pores.
- Apply the oil and massage in circular motion.
- Allow it to stay for a few minutes and wash off with clean water.
Repetition – repeat this method twice every day.
[ Read: How to Use Tea Tree oil for Acne ]
Honey and Olive oil for Acne
- Raw honey – 2 tbsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Hot water, and a wash cloth
- Combine the olive oil and raw honey in a bowl.
- Massage it on the affected area (which has already been cleaned) gently for about 5 minutes in circular motions.
- Soak the washcloth in hot water, and keep this on the affected area that has been covered with the mask.
- Let it stay until cool, and then using the same washcloth remove the mask.
- Wash with cold water and pat dry.
Repetition – use this mask twice a week.
[ Read: How to Get Rid of Acne with Honey ]
Turmeric and Olive oil for Acne
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – a few drops
- Mix the turmeric and olive oil in a bowl.
- Clean the affected area and apply this mixture on it.
- Allow it to stay for 15 minutes and then wash off with cool water
Repetitions – follow this method once every day.
[ Read: How to Use Turmeric for Acne ]
Apple Cider Vinegar and Olive oil for Acne
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
- Water – 4 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 teaspoon
- Take a bowl and add both apple cider vinegar and water.
- Wash the affected area and then pat dry
- With the help of a cotton ball apply the apple cider vinegar mixture on the affected area.
- Allow it to dry. Now massage the area with the extra virgin olive oil. Again pat dry.
Repetitions – repeat this method once every day.
[ Read: How to Use Aloe Vera for Acne ]
Aloe Vera Gel and Olive oil for Acne
- Aloe Vera gel – 1 tbsp
- Virgin olive oil – 15 drops
- A bowl of lukewarm water
- Combine the Aloe Vera gel and olive oil in a bowl.
- Wash the affected area and pat dry. Apply the mixture on it and spread it lightly.
- Allow it to stay for about 30 minutes and then wash off using lukewarm water.
Repetitions – follow this remedy twice a week.
[ Read: How Do You Use Coconut oil for Acne ]
Brown Sugar and Olive oil for Acne
- Olive oil – 1tbsp
- Brown sugar – 1 tbsp
- Washcloth and warm water
- Mix the brown sugar and olive oil in a bowl until it forms a paste.
- Wash the affected area and apply the paste when the skin is still wet.
- Massage in circular motions for 3-5 minutes.
- Soak the washcloth in warm water and wipe away the paste using it.
- Clean with cool water.
Repetitions – follow this remedy thrice a week.
[ Read: Homemade Face Masks for Acne ]
Black Seed oil and Olive oil For Acne
- Virgin black seed oil – 2 tbsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Combine both the oils in a bowl.
- Wash the affected area and pat dry.
- Apply the oil on the affected area and let it dry naturally.
Repetitions – repeat this procedure twice a week.
Olive oil and Sugar Face Scrub for Acne
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1 tsp
- Granulated sugar – 1 tbsp
- Combine the olive oil and sugar to form a scrub.
- Wash your face and then massage it in circular motions using the scrub.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water, followed by cool water.
Repetitions – repeat this procedure every alternative day.
Things to Be Careful About
Olive oil does not cause any side reactions and there is nothing you need to worry about, you still need to keep two things in mind.
- Do not use olive oil if you are allergic to it
- Do not go out in the sun after following any of the remedies mentioned to avoid sunburn.
Olive oil does work wonders for acne, and if you follow either of these remedies regularly you are sure to get good results. Together with helping you get rid of acne, olive oil will also make your skin soft and glowing.
You Might Also Like:
- Can You Try Olive Oil For Tanning
- How to Use an Oatmeal Mask to Treat Acne
- How To Use Epsom Salt for Acne