Oatmeal may be best known as a great breakfast cereal, but did you know that you can use it to banish your acne? Here are some oatmeal face mask for acne. Continue reading to learn more.
How to make Oatmeal Face Mask for Acne?
1. Honey and Oatmeal Face Mask for Acne
- 1 Tsp ground oatmeal
- 1 Tsp organic liquid honey
How to do?
- Combine ground oatmeal and honey until you have a thick paste.
- Wash your face and then slather the paste on it. You can use an applicator brush or if you don’t have, just your clean fingertips.
- Let the mask sit on your face for at least ten minutes or for as long as the face mask takes to dry up
- After it has dried, rinse your face thoroughly with your fingers and warm water. Use tepid-to-cold water to do the final rinse. This closes off pores.
- Pat dry using a clean towel and then apply a toner.
Repetition: Repeat until the acne masks disappear.
Best time to Apply: This face mask is best applied before you go to bed. This allows it to sink into your skin without interruption.
[ Read: How to Treat Acne with Honey? ]
2. Egg white and Oatmeal Face Mask for Acne
This face mask hydrates and calms sensitive or dry skin and at the same time exfoliates it.
- One egg white
- One tsp honey
- One tsp oatmeal
How to do?
- Beat the egg white until it becomes foamy
- Mix the oatmeal and honey thoroughly
- Carefully apply the mixture to your face, cleavage, and neck
- Let it sit there for 20 minutes and then rinse with a piece of cloth soaked in lukewarm water
- Apply an appropriate moisturizer according to your complexion
Repetition: Repeat until the acne goes away.
Best time to apply: Before you go to bed.
[ Read: How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne? ]
3. Avocado and Oatmeal Face Mask for Acne
Used with oatmeal, this face mask turns into a gentle and excellent exfoliator for the skin.
- One tsb ground oatmeal
- 1/4 ripe avocado
How to do?
- Use the back of your fork to mash the ripe avocado until it becomes smooth and free of lumps.
- Stir your oatmeal to have a paste
- Apply the mask onto your face (already clean) in gentle circular motions.
- Massage the paste for a minimum of two minutes allowing it to exfoliate your skin gently
- Give the mask at least 15 minutes to settle in
- Wash off using cold water
- Pat dry using a clean towel
Repetition: Apply as frequently as you like until all the acne disappears
Best time to apply: It is best applied just before going to bed to give it maximum time of sinking in.
[ Read: How to Get Rid of Acne with Lemon? ]
4. Baking Soda and Oatmeal Face Mask for Acne
Baking soda balances pH levels of your skin, and it also has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, which is what relieves your acne.
- Two tablespoons oatmeal
- One tablespoon baking soda
How to do?
- Mix two tablespoons of oatmeal with one tablespoon of baking powder in a bowl.
- Add enough warm water and stir thoroughly until it forms a fine, thick paste.
- Slather this paste on your clean face thoroughly
- Massage it gently for two-three minutes and let it sit on your face for at least 20 minutes before you rinse using warm water.
Repetition: Apply twice every day until acne completely clears.
When to apply: Apply in the morning and the evening.
[ Read: How to Use Baking Soda for Acne?]
5. Cucumber and Oatmeal Face Mask for Acne
Cucumber has cooling and soothing properties that reduce discomforts due to acne. It removes dirt, balances pH levels and also clears bacteria and dead cells on the skin.
- medium-sized cucumber
- Two tsp ground oatmeal
- Blend the cucumber and ground oatmeal until it forms a smooth paste
- Add one tablespoon each of raw honey and fresh lemon juice into the mixture
- Stir it well until it forms a fine paste Apply the paste thoroughly on already clean face
- Put more emphasis on the areas affected by pimples.
- Let it sit there for 20 minutes and rinse it with warm water
Repetition: Apply the mask regularly without interruption to get fast relief.
Best time to apply: Morning and just before you go to bed.
[ Read: Does Aloe Vera help Acne? ]
6. Milk and Oatmeal Face Mask for Acne
This natural oatmeal mask helps your skin stay smooth and young. The oatmeal’s anti-inflammatory properties make the mask perfect for those with sensitive skins.
- One tablespoon oat flour
- Two tablespoons honey
- One tablespoon milk
How to do?
- Mix the oat flour with honey
- Add one tablespoon of milk to the mixture and then apply thoroughly on your neck and face
- Leave it on your face for at least 15 minutes and then rinse using warm water
- Pat dry
Repetition: Apply until the acne disappears
Best time to apply: Before going to bed
Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that can be tapped to cure your acne. Combined with different kitchen supplies like milk, honey, avocado, baking soda and egg white, its face masks can dramatically banish all those ugly acne spots. The best part is that these masks are natural and don’t have side effects.
You Might Also Like: