Acne is a skin condition characterised by red pimples on skin. The main cause behind acne is the blockage of skin pores due to accumulation of dirt or excessive sebum. Acne is a common problem especially in teenagers and stays for days to weeks.
If you are there standing in front of the mirror and getting upset by those pimples, there is no time to let yourself down. Rush to your kitchen and grab Apple Cider Vinegar and Magic magic magic! Few trials and all clear!
Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne:
Age old beauties have been using ACV as a home beauty product. Have you ever thought why?
Apple cider Vinegar return the acidity to our skin and restores the acid that skin requires. It not only kills bacteria but also removes the excess oil, dirt and make up.
ACV is a very effective treatment for acne, pimples, warts and other skin issues. It can make your skin not only look younger but also feel smoother. Apple Cider Vinegar does not contain any harsh chemicals, making it a plus plus for several treatments.
How Apple Cider Vinegar Helps to Treat Acne?
- Presence of Anti Bacterial properties, protecting skin from pollution and harmful bacteria
Presence of Beta-carotene, which counteracts the damage caused to skin
pH balance, ACV restores the balance of our pH factor.
1. How to take Apple Cider Vinegar Toner?
- 250 ml water
- 250 ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 plastic bottle to store the Apple Cider Vinegar toner.
- Mix one part of water to 1 part of Apple cider vinegar. Shake well, before use.
- Leave a cotton ball in the solution for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove excess solution from the cotton ball and gently rub your face.
- Continue the massage for couple of minutes, wash with warm warm and pat dry.
- Use this method everyday at bed time to treat acne soon.
Read Also: [ How to Use Jojoba Oil for Acne ]
2. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) :
Note: Never apply ACV directly on skin, undiluted. Due to its acidic nature, it can damage your skin.
Step 1: Add 1/4th cup of water to 2 tsp of ACV
Step 2: Stir well and let it rest for few minutes
Step 3: Soak a cotton ball in this solution for 5 minutes
Step 4: Remove any excess solution from the cotton ball and dab it on the affected area for 2 minutes.
Step 5: Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry.
You can use this method twice a day to get rid of acne quickly.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar Face Mask:
- One tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- One cup warm water
- One tablespoon honey
Step 1: Mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with one tsp. of honey
Step 2: Add 2 tsp of green tea to the mixture along with 5 tsp of sugar
Step 3: Pour ½ cup of water
Step 4: Stir this mixture well and apply on the affected area using a cotton pad
Step 5: Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse your face with warm water and pat dry.
You may use this face mask twice a week. This is very effective as it has green tea and honey as ingredients which helps to reduce skin inflammation and also kill the bacteria.
4. Other Combinations to Use Apple Cider Vinegar:
- You may consume a tbsp. of ACV mixed with a glass of water every day to clear your skin in and out.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and onion juice combination can help lighten pigmentation and glow to your skin.
- You can opt for a face mask made of ACV and honey or lemon.
Read Also: [ How to Use Baking Soda for Acne ]
Which is the best Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne?
Apple Cider Vinegar is best when it is organic, unfiltered and unpasteurized. Only Unpasteurized ACV contains “the Mother” of vinegar, a muddy substance that sits at the bottom of the bottle.
Why wash your face with Apple Cider Vinegar?
Advertising world has its own charm. Viewers get quickly influenced by advertisements and hop in to purchase even the costly beauty products to help improve their skin and hair. But trust me, you are doing more harm than good by using soaps on a regular basis. These products contain fragrances, dyes and other chemicals which can dry your skin.
- Apple Cider Vinegar helps to reduce age spots! Yes, wash your face daily with ACV or dab a little cotton boll and apply directly to age spots.
- Apple Cider Vinegar fights acne and blemishes! The antifungal and antiviral properties in ACV helps you skin to keep bacteria away hence avoiding pimples and acne.
- Apple Cider Vinegar fights wrinkles! Dilute apple cider vinegar, soak in a cotton pad and dab on your skin. Rinse with warm and pat dry.
- In worst cases of acne, consult your doctor before using this remedy
- Use Apple Cider Vinegar at night because few people might find the smell strong
- If you have sensitive skin, check or dilute ACV before use.
- Use a small part of your skin first and wait to see if your skin accepts this treatment.
Apple Cider Vinegar Skin Care Tips:
- Initially, use ACV only once a day. If you are satisfied that your skin is doing good, you may increase frequency to twice.
- Wash it off if you find irritability
- Dilute ACV according to the response from your skin
- Keep away from eyes as it may cause burning sensation.
If you have already tried ACV earlier, and know more alternatives, please share your experience and suggestions below.