At some point or the other, all of us have had acne. Acne is a very common skin disorder which is seen mostly in teenagers. It can also affect any person of any age. We can define acne to be the eruption of the skin due to infection. If your skin pores are clogged by excess oil and dead skin, it may cause the area to be infected and causing the skin to erupt and swell. Blackheads and pimples are also caused by the enhancement of hormones in adolescents or in women during the week before their menstruation.
Table of Contents
- What Is Evening Primrose Oil?
- Benefits of Evening Primrose Oil for Acne:
- How to Use Evening Primrose Oil for Acne:
- Side Effects:
- How Does it Work?
- Best Evening Primrose Oil:
- Precaution & Tips:
- The Bottom Line:
- Read Also:
- Does Apple Cider Vinegar Work for Acne
- How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Acne
- How Does Coconut Oil Help Acne
What Is Evening Primrose Oil?
Evening primrose oil is amongst the miraculous discoveries to prevent many disorders and diseases. This amazing oil is rich in Vitamin C and phenylalanine as both of them are useful in relieving headaches, pain, signs of menopause, aging problems, obesity, PMS, and many more. We can get the primrose evening oil from, the seeds of the evening primrose plant.
Benefits of Evening Primrose Oil for Acne:
- Acne: In the teens, a hormonal imbalance results in acne amongst the teens. There are many people who don’t realize that acne can be treated naturally.
- Anti-Inflammatory: This oil contains some anti-inflammatory properties.
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids: Evening Primrose Oil contain Omega-6 Fatty Acids which helps to regulate the hormonal levels and cure acne issues.
How to Use Evening Primrose Oil for Acne:
You can take the evening primrose oil with food and this will help ensure good absorption of GLA and at the same time it will also minimize any unpleasant side effects. You may also apply it on your skin.
You must however, see to it that you purchase the oil from a reliable manufacturer as cheap substitutes like that of safflower and soy oils have been found in some commercial products.
- Soft gel
You will see the results of using the evening primrose oil acne within two to six months. You may simply apply the capsule liquid on your face and let it stay overnight. Wash off with a mild cleanser in the morning.
If you have low blood pressure then you are recommended not to take EPO in conjunction with another medication or supplement that lowers blood pressure. It can in some cases cause excessive bleeding in people with bleeding disorders.
How Does it Work?
The evening primrose oil acne has fatty acids. There are lots of women who experience breast pain at night as they may not be having high enough levels of certain” fatty acids.” The fatty acids present in this oil helps to minimize the inflammation that is related to conditions such as eczema and arthritis.
Fish Oil And Evening Primrose Oil for Acne:
The evening primrose oil contains omega-6 and this is what will assist you in regulating your hormone levels so as to take care of your issues such as hormonal acne. You can on a daily basis take the evening primrose oil capsule daily just like that of the fish oil capsule as in this way you can take the advantage of this evening primrose oil health benefit in connection with hormonal acne.
- Fish Oil
- Evening Primrose oil
Mix Fish oil with Evening Primrose oil and apply it on the affected area in a circular motion with your finger tips. You may also use a cotton swab for the same. You may also cover it with cloth. Wash with a mild cleanser.
When to use?
It is advised to use this during bed time so that the affected area can be worked upon well. If you are using it during day time, leave it on the skin for at least 6 hours.
Cod Liver Oil and Evening Primrose Oil for Acne:
Yes! cod liver oil, fish oil and evening primrose oil do help with the skin, and it’s an excellent idea that you have located the right cod liver oil for you. On the other hand, fish oil can be slightly tricky. This does not give instant results but will take upto a month’s time. The Vitamin A present in this oil will help in skin cell regeneration.
For people who do not like the strong taste and flavor of cod Liver oil can ingest it with honey.
Precautions: Always check the label and also consult your doctor before usage.
Best Evening Primrose Oil:
The best evening primrose oil acne oil is Nature’s Way for curing acne by judging
from ITS reviews and ratings. Here are the other famous for the EPO:
- Aceite de Onagra
- Acide Cis-linoléique
- Cis-Linoleic Acid
- EPO Seed Oil
- Evening Star
- Fever Plant
- Herbe-aux- ânes
Where To Find It: You can find the EPO in supplements. Its most important ingredient GLA can also be found in borage oil supplements and black currant seed oil.
Precaution & Tips:
- As this oil has a thick consistency and if you wish to make it easily applicable onto skin & hair then you can mix it with pomegranate seed oil.
- If you are pregnant mother, then never take this oil without consulting your doctor.
- If you are trying to use that you should make your own DIY products, you can mix it with Vitamin E oil so that its shelf life increases.
- In order to improve its heavy oily scent, you can add essential oils to evening primrose oil.
- Before using it, we advise you carry out a patch test by taking a small drop of the oil on your inner arm. If you experience sort of an irritation within one or two hours then do not use the oil.
The Bottom Line:
Evening primrose oil acne is a natural acne pimple treatment to help us reduce blemishes. People who are suffering from hormonal pimples find it very helpful and you can purchase it on the internet and at any supplement shops as well.