Acne are caused oil is trapped beneath your skin which causes bacteria to thrive. This happens when dirt, dead skin cells and other toxins clog pores. It is not only painful but also embarrassing. It is however a good thing that you do not have to turn to expensive medication when acne breaks out on your skin. There is various natural, affordable, effective ways to reduce the appearance of acne. These methods also help in reducing the acne scars that are present. This article is dedicated to the use of coconut oil for acne and acne scars.
- Is Coconut oil Good for Acne?
- How to Use Coconut oil for Acne?
- 1. Baking Soda and Coconut oil for Acne
- 2. Turmeric and Coconut oil for Acne
- 3. Apple Cider Vinegar and Coconut oil for Acne
- 4. Aloe Vera and Coconut oil for Acne
- 5. Castor oil and Coconut oil for Acne
- 6. Lemon and Coconut oil for Acne
- 7. Epsom Salt and Coconut oil for Acne
- 8. Honey and Coconut oil for Acne
Is Coconut oil Good for Acne?
Coconut oil contains Capric Acid and Lauric Acid. The oil also contains Vitamin E which ensures the proper functioning of the sebum glands. It also clears any blockage in the skin pores. Moreover it is anti inflammatory in nature. As it is easily absorbed by the skin it works immediately in soothing the acne. This oil also helps to reduce scars and repairs damaged skin, so it is also helpful in removing the acne scars. The acids mentioned above are present in breast milk as well that avoids infections in babies and new born.
How to Use Coconut oil for Acne?
[ Read: How to Use Turmeric for Acne ]
1. Baking Soda and Coconut oil for Acne
This is useful for both acne and acne scars. This method helps to exfoliate dead skin cells easily and removes the scars with time.
How to do: Mix 2 teaspoon of baking soda with 2 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil. Make a smooth paste and apply it softly on the affected areas. Leave it to dry for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse off with cold water and pat dry your skin.
Repetitions: Repeat regularly to avoid acne formation on skin.
[ Read: How to Use Baking Soda for Acne ]
2. Turmeric and Coconut oil for Acne
This pack is very effective as it fights against all bacteria and also clears the impurities that are settled in the skin.
How to do: Mix half a teaspoon of powdered turmeric, if freshly grounded then wit would be more effective with one tablespoon of coconut oil. Make smooth paste. Apply it on your acne problem areas. Let it rest for at least 20 minutes. Wash the applied pack with cold water and pat dry.
Repetitions: Apply regularly to avoid acne.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar and Coconut oil for Acne
- Mix one tablespoon of ACV with one tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Apply it on the acne affected areas.
- Let it air dry.
- Moisturize with coconut oil.
4. Aloe Vera and Coconut oil for Acne
Aloe vera cures all sorts of skin ailments including acne. For this pack it is best to use freshly squeezed aloe vera sap.
- Mix one tablespoon of aloe vera with one teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Clean your face and apply it on the acne affected areas.
- Let it dry and then wash with warm water.
[ Read: How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Acne ]
5. Castor oil and Coconut oil for Acne
- Mix three teaspoon of castor oil and six teaspoon of organic coconut oil.
- Clean your face properly.
- Massage the mixture thoroughly on your skin and leave it over night.
- Wash with mild cleanser and let it dry.
- Repeat regularly to avoid acne.
[ Read: How to Get Rid of Acne with Tea Tree Oil ]
6. Lemon and Coconut oil for Acne
- Mix four tablespoons of solidified coconut oil with the freshly squeezed juice of one lemon.
- You can add other essential oils like tea tree oil, lavender oil.
- Blend to a smooth paste.
- Apply on the acne affected areas.
- Lest for 20 minutes then rinse thoroughly.
- Apply regularly.
- Store the left over mixture in the fridge.
[ Read: How to Clear Acne With Lemon Juice ]
7. Epsom Salt and Coconut oil for Acne
Epsom salt cleans toxins and dead skin. It kills bacteria and removes excess oil.
- Mix five teaspoon of Epsom salt with three teaspoon of melted extra virgin coconut oil.
- Sir and mix it well.
- Apply it on the acne affected areas.
- Leave for a few minutes.
- Wash your face and dry your skin thoroughly.
8. Honey and Coconut oil for Acne
- Mix two tablespoon of raw honey and two tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil.
- Blend the mixture well.
- Using your fingertips apply on acne affected areas.
- Let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry your skin.
- Repeat regularly.
Apart from using the face masks you need to have a healthy diet to nourish your body. If you see the problem persisting, then consult a doctor.