There are so many methods of lightening hair out there. This ranges right from the professional tints, the highlighter kits, and other chemical treatments. But then, in case you need a natural and gentle lightening remedy, you should greatly consider doing it using Chamomile. Its golden color, as a medicinal plant that has been used quite for a long period to treat salves and stomach ailments with the presence of flavonoids in it has been proved to be effective in lightening and brightening hair shafts slowly and gently with time.(1)
[ Read: How to Lighten Your Hair With Cinnamon ]
Chamomile Tea Rinse for Lightening Hair
Things you require:
To prepare the remedy, you require
- 2 cups of water,
- 5 chamomile tea bags
- and also a shower cap.
How to do:
- Start by boiling water in your saucepan and pour it into a plastic container or glass after boiling.(2)
- In your boiled water, dip your chamomile bags and let them stay until the infusion cools.
- Get off from water after cooling and apply the remedy the areas you need to lighten up.
- Using your shower cap, cover the hair to facilitate heat treatment effects.
- Let it stay for half an hour then rinse and wash your hair.
How it lightens the hair: It helps to add such a golden and stunning sheen to brown hair and thereby lightening it.
When to apply: You need to apply at least thrice a week until you see results.
[ Read: How to Lighten Hair with Honey ]
Chamomile and Honey to Lighten Hair
Things you require:
To prepare this, you require of
- honey and
- a tablespoon chamomile flowers
How to do it:
- Begin by boiling your cup of water and add the chamomile flower.(3)
- Decrease the flame as you cover the cup and simmer it for a period of up to three minutes.
- Get it out of the heat and let it cool for about 20 minutes time.
- Apply your remedy to the region you need to lighten up.
- For this remedy, don’t rinse it out; just leave the hair to dry up naturally.
How it lightens up your hair: The remedy helps provide a golden and attractive shade to the hair.
When to apply: You can apply this in your free time at least twice a day to notice results.
Chamomile and Lemon to Lighten Hair
Thing you require:
To make the remedy, you need
- a cup of water,
- lemon juice,
- 2 bags of chamomile and
- 2 small spoons of honey.
How to do it:
- In a saucepan, boil water and add your chamomile teabags.(4)
- After like three minutes, get out the sachets and add your lemon juice.
- Form a homogenous solution by thoroughly mixing your ingredients.
- Apply the remedy on the regions you need to lighten up.
- Let it stay for about twenty minutes then you wash it off.
How it lightens up your hair: Combination of chamomile and lemon adds extra protection and moisture to the hair and thereby lightening it.
When to apply: You need to apply at any time until you see results.
There are many proven methods you can use out there, but then, considering these ones can be the right move you would have made.
- Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla L.): A Review of Ethnomedicinal Use, Phytochemistry and Pharmacological Uses- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9032859/
- Ethnopharmacological survey of home remedies used for treatment of hair and scalp and their methods of preparation in the West Bank-Palestine- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5499037/
- Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5796020/
- Bioactive-Based Cosmeceuticals: An Update on Emerging Trends- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8837976/
You Might Also Like: