Depression and anxiety are 2 types of disorders which are different. Few people suffering from depression do experience certain symptoms which are similar to that of anxiety disorder, like irritability, nervousness, and sleeping disorder and even lack of concentration. Ashwagandha is known to be adaptogenic. Adaptogens are some typical herbs which help in maintaining balance of the body’s physiological systems and control anxiety and depression. Here are some best ways to use ashwagandha for anxiety and depression.
Some of the Health Benefits of Ashwagandha:
- Helps in Controlling Cholesterol Levels
- Helps in Treating Erectile Dysfunction
- Improves the level of Fertility in Men
- Reduces the level of Anxiety
- Relieves Stress
- Supports in Fighting Diabetes
- Capable to Treat Cancer
- Helps in Stimulating the Thyroid Gland
- Boosts overall Immunity of the body
- Increases Blood purification
- Controls Seizures
- Supports in Muscle Growth
- Reduces the Ocular Diseases
How to Take Ashwagandha for Anxiety & Depression:
Ashwagandha can be taken in various ways, but there are some specific ways which can be the result much better than the rest.
1. Ashwagandha Tea for Anxiety & Depression:
Drinking of Ashwagandha tea will offer excellent benefits, when correct dosages are reached.
- Ashwagandha root
Preparation Time: 20 mins.
- Take 3 to 6 g dosage of dried Ashwagandha root
- Now Immerse the root in 3½ cups of boiling water
- Keep the root in the boiling water for about 15 minutes
- Now Remove the root from water
- Strain water to remove extract of plant root
- Drink it just like tea
How it work: It will help in improving mental and physical health of an individual.
Repetitions: 2 to 3 cups of Ashwagandha tea daily.
Best time to take: Morning and Evening.
Tips: Add few drops of honey to taste the tea better.
[ Read: How to Take Valerian for Anxiety ]
2. Ashwagandha Root Powder for Anxiety & Depression:
Consumption of milk along with Ashwagandha supports in lowering down blood pressure to normal level. The potassium present in milk supports in relaxing of tense muscles leading to stress reduction.
- Ashwagandha powder
Preparation Time: 5 Mins.
- Take ¼ to ½ spoon of ashwagandha root powder
- Add the powder in 1 glass of lukewarm milk and mix well
- Add few drops of honey in the mix
- Now consume the milk slowly
How it works: This drink when taken before going to bed will help in calming down the mind as well as body and also improves the quality of sleep. Quality sleep will reduce the level of depression and anxiety for a person.
Repetitions: Once daily.
Best time to Apply: 30 mins before going to bed.
Tips: Do not take this mix if you are having other health issues, if you are pregnant or on breast feeding.
This plant is having its origin in India and in many Middle East countries of the globe. As per latest medical research it was discovered that this amazing herb is having excellent healing properties which are perfect to treat problems of anxiety and depression to a great extent. Aside to this it can improve concentration, and enhance body energy.