The struggle to maintain acne-prone skin is real. Generally, oily skin that produces more sebum is more prone to getting breakouts and acne. At the same time, some health issues like hormonal changes and certain medical conditions like PCOD also invite acne.
Although there are many treatment lines for acne, you can’t always visit a dermatologist. It is when body lotions infused with ingredients like salicylic acid (a beta-hydroxy acid), benzoyl peroxide, retinol, and alpha-hydroxy acids such as lactic and glycolic acids help tremendously.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Dermatologist-Recommended:AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Lotion for Dry Skin and acne-prone skin||Buy on Amazon|
|Natural ingredients based:TreeActiv Store Acne Body Lotion||Buy on Amazon|
|Most Popular Body Lotion:CeraVe SA Lotion for Rough & Bumpy Skin||Buy on Amazon|
|Effective Treatment for Acne:Dr. Song 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Gel Treatment Lotion||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for (KP) Prone Skin:Paula’s Choice Weightless Body Treatment||Buy on Amazon|
|Perfect Body Lotion For Bumpy Skin:Glytone Exfoliating Body Lotion||Buy on Amazon|
- Body Lotions
- 7 Best Body Lotions for Acne Prone Skin
- 1. Dermatologist-Recommended: AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Lotion for Dry Skin and acne-prone skin
- 2. Natural ingredients based: TreeActiv Store Acne Body Lotion
- 3. Most Popular Body Lotion: CeraVe SA Lotion for Rough & Bumpy Skin
- 4. Best Noncomedogenic Body Lotion: Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
- 5. Effective Treatment for Acne: Dr. Song 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Gel Treatment Lotion
- 6. Best for (KP) Prone Skin: Paula’s Choice Weightless Body Treatment
- 7. Perfect Body Lotion For Bumpy Skin: Glytone Exfoliating Body Lotion
These ingredients are highly effective in controlling acne and giving a healthy skin. The best body lotion for acne-prone skin must be noncomedogenic, lightweight and free of heavy and oil-based creams. It is because they can clog the pores, posing more harm than help.
Here we have listed the top 7 best body lotions for acne-prone skin. Check them out and say goodbye to acne and pimples.
7 Best Body Lotions for Acne Prone Skin
1. Dermatologist-Recommended: AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Lotion for Dry Skin and acne-prone skin
- Lactic acid is the key ingredient which is a powerful exfoliator
- It tends to be a bit gentler than another commonly used AHA, glycolic acid
- Fragrance-free body lotion ensures keeping skin clear without causing redness or irritation
- It helps with rough, dry skin, making it feel softer and smoother with consistent use
What We Don’t Like: According to a reviewer, it smells like hot cocoa, so if you don’t want to smell like chocolate, don’t go for this product.
[ Read: How to Get Clear Skin Naturally at Home ]
2. Natural ingredients based: TreeActiv Store Acne Body Lotion
- Exfoliates acne as it is made with natural acne-preventing and fighting ingredients
- Infused with ingredients like witch hazel, tamanu oil, and salicylic acid that work great for every body part prone to acne
- Additionally, it has aloe, jojoba oil, and tea tree essential oil that moisturizes and soothes the skin.
- Hydrates the skin and improves the complexion
What We Don’t Like: The artificial fragrance in this body lotion is the only downside of it.
[ Read: Can Fragrance Oils Be Used On The Skin? ]
3. Most Popular Body Lotion: CeraVe SA Lotion for Rough & Bumpy Skin
- Includes salicylic acid, a beta-hydroxy acid that’s typically the first line of treatment for acne
- It goes deep into the pores to clear them out of breakout-causing dead skin and sebum
- It is a noncomedogenic, fragrance-free lotion containing calming niacinamide, hydrating hyaluronic acid, and strengthening ceramides.
- Nourishes the skin while simultaneously exfoliating it
What We Don’t Like: This product is highly effective but takes time to show results. So, you need to be really patient.
4. Best Noncomedogenic Body Lotion: Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
- Fragrance-free, noncomedogenic, and made with glycerin, dimethicone, and gentle oat to soothe and smooth dry, irritated skin
- Protect and nourish skin while it’s being treated with other acne products
- Moisturizing without being oily, perfect for acne-prone skin
- Free of fragrances, parabens, and dyes and is suitable for sensitive skin
What We Don’t Like: It doesn’t give instant relief to dry and itchy skin but is good for long-term use.
5. Effective Treatment for Acne: Dr. Song 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Gel Treatment Lotion
- It offers benzoyl peroxide spot treatment, helps treat current breakouts, and prevent future pimples from popping up
- Reduces acne and whiteheads instantly
- Formulated with Benzoyl peroxide
What We Don’t Like: It can stain towels, bedding, and clothing, so let it dry completely before getting dressed or sliding into bed.
6. Best for (KP) Prone Skin: Paula’s Choice Weightless Body Treatment
- The feather-light body lotion is ideal for people who don’t like the feeling of heavy products on their skin.
- Made with 2% salicylic acid, and vitamin E for antioxidant protection
- Infused with chamomile and green tea for calming and soothing skin
- The lightweight lotion feels refreshing, soaking into the skin instantly without leaving behind a residue
What We Don’t Like: It could dry the skin, so if you already have dry and acne-prone skin, it won’t be a good choice.
7. Perfect Body Lotion For Bumpy Skin: Glytone Exfoliating Body Lotion
- It contains glycolic acid to give your skin a glowing, bump-free appearance
- Treats keratosis pilaris, as well as your breakouts anywhere on your skin
- Moisturize and improve skin texture, as it exfoliates dead surface skin cells to reveal vibrant-looking skin
- Improve skin texture to reveal vibrant-looking skin
What We Don’t Like: It is mostly intended for use on the body because the percentage of acids would be too high for the more delicate skin on your face.
Make a patch test to ensure the body lotion works well for your skin type.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Body Lotions for Even Skin Tone
- How to Get Rid of Pimple/Acne Scabs Naturally
- 7 Best Carrier Oils For Acne Prone Skin And Scars
- 7 Best Laundry Detergents for Acne Prone Skin
- 7 Best Lotions For Crepey Skin On Arms And Legs
- 7 Best Lotions For Diabetic Dry Skin
- 7 Best Makeup Removers For Acne-prone Skin
- 7 Best Lotions For Menopausal Dry Skin
- 7 Best Lotions For Black Skin
- 7 Best Primers For Acne Prone Skin
- 7 Best Lotion For Insect Bites
- 7 Best Setting Sprays For Acne Prone Skin
- 7 Best Shaving Creams For Acne Prone Skin