Styling crochet hair with mousse makes things a lot easier. The best mousse for crochet hair helps seat and set the hair for braiding while eliminating frizz and flyaways. It also helps get neater-looking and smoother braids that last longer. At the same time, the best mousse refreshes the old braids, so you don’t need to re-braid.
Luckily we have many mousses for crochet hair that can provide a good hold and set hair in place. At the same time, it adds shine to the braids, making them healthy. To ensure a smooth finish in your hairstyle, mousses are a go-to option if you have crochet hair.
Here, we have curated a list of the 7 best mousses for crochet hair that are lightweight and ease your hair styling. Check them out and find your favorite pick.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Best Overall: African Pride Moisture Miracle Rose Water & Argan Oil Curl Hair Mousse||Buy on Amazon|
|Frizz Control: Aunt Jackie’s Grapeseed Style and Shine Recipes Frizz Patrol Anti-Poof Setting Hair Mousse||Buy on Amazon|
|Intense Shine: Bb Tropical Roots Sculpting Foam||Buy on Amazon|
|Anti Frizz: Argan Oil Foaming Mousse by Creme of Nature||Buy on Amazon|
|Adds Body and Shine: Lotta Body Mousse Curl Define Milk & Honey||Buy on Amazon|
|Curl Quenching Moisture: Design Essentials Curl Enhancing Mousse, Almond and Avocado Collection||Buy on Amazon|
|Define Curls: Maui Moisture Flexible Hold + Coconut Milk Curl Foam Mousse||Buy on Amazon|
7 Best Mousse For Crochet Hair
1. Best Overall: African Pride Moisture Miracle Rose Water & Argan Oil Curl Hair Mousse
- Conditions hair while adding body, control & a flexible hold
- Lightweight foam leaves natural styles defined, frizz-free and soft hair
- Adds shine & definition to natural coils and curls
- Infused with rose water that hydrates and softens hair
- It also contains argan oil that adds natural shine and smooths hair cuticles
- Free of harmful components, including parabens, mineral oil, sulfates, & petrolatum
- It offers a flexible hold and enhances curls
What We Don’t Like: It may leave a residue.
[ Read: 7 Best Curling Mousses For Straight Hair ]
2. Frizz Control: Aunt Jackie’s Grapeseed Style and Shine Recipes Frizz Patrol Anti-Poof Setting Hair Mousse
- It offers a lightweight hold
- It brings smoothness and shine to the hair
- Reduces frizz and flyaways
- Hydrates the strands and sets curls, waves, coils, and textured hairstyles in place
- Strengthens and improves the elasticity of the hair
- Loaded with jojoba and tamanu oils that impart shine and health to hair
What We Don’t Like: Overwhelming smell.
3. Intense Shine: Bb Tropical Roots Sculpting Foam
- It is packed with natural oils that give a natural shine to the hair strands
- It features superb holding power
- Best to use for braids, twists, or sets
- Ensures a more defined and neat look with no frizz
- A refreshing scent that brings calm and smoothness
- It helps prevent major hair and scalp issues
What We Don’t Like: It may feel slightly heavy on certain hair.
[ Read: Do Braids Help Your Hair Grow ]
4. Anti Frizz: Argan Oil Foaming Mousse by Creme of Nature
- It helps style crochet hair in whatever way you like
- Creates soft wraps and defines curls
- The anti-frizz ingredients keep flyaways at bay
- Adds exotic shine to the strands
- Infused with hair-loving and hydrating ingredients like argan oil
- Help you achieve the look you want in the healthiest, most nourishing way possible
What We Don’t Like: It May weigh the hair down.
5. Adds Body and Shine: Lotta Body Mousse Curl Define Milk & Honey
- It is a non-flaking and non-sticky mousse
- It helps define curls with its milk and honey ingredients
- It stays non-greasy and offers medium hold
- Suitable for soft curls and maintaining them for long
- Long-lasting results are assured
- Adds body and shine to the crochet hair
What We Don’t Like: Overwhelming fragrance.
6. Curl Quenching Moisture: Design Essentials Curl Enhancing Mousse, Almond and Avocado Collection
- Helps style waves, curls, and coils with perfection
- Revamps and nourishes hair with intense moisture
- Infused with almond and avocado oil for healthier hair
- Avocado strengthens hair and prevents breakage
- Wheat protein penetrates the hair cuticle
- Almond oil helps in intense nourishment and shine
- It is paraben, petrolatum, and sulfate free
- It gives an instant result that helps save time while styling hair
- Medium hold formula reduces frizz and defines curls
What We Don’t Like: It may make the hair slightly oily.
[ Read: How To Use Mousse To Curl Hair ]
7. Define Curls: Maui Moisture Flexible Hold + Coconut Milk Curl Foam Mousse
- It is an airy foam styling mousse
- Moisturize and volumize while keeping curls intact
- It is a lightweight, no-crunch mousse
- It helps define and retain and adds volume to and de-frizzes curls
- Quenches tight curls to make them look and feel hydrated and healthy
- Infused with coconut milk and mango butter, giving hair the moisture it needs
- Do not weigh the curls down
- Free of parabens, silicones, sulfated surfactants, synthetic dye, mineral oil, and gluten
What We Don’t Like: Overwhelming smell of coconut.
These are the best mousses for crochet hair. If you struggle to manage your braids or get a neater look of your hair, try any of these mousses right now and see the transformation. All these products are tried and tested on crochet hair. So, choose according to your hair type and flaunt your locks.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Brand Marley Hair For Faux Locs
- How To Use Hair Mousse
- Best Mousse For Curly Hair
- How To Care For And Maintain Your Dreadlocks
- 10 Best Womens Short Hairstyles For Alopecia
- 15 Best Protective Hairstyles For Curly Hair
- How To Bleach Dreads
- 15 Best Hairstyles For Transitioning Hair
- 15 Best Beach Vacation Hairstyles For Black Hair
- How To Crochet Dreads
- How To Make Dreads Thicker