If you see a red, scaly rash on the skin, it may indicate lupus skin. Lupus is an autoimmune disease wherein rashes appear due to excessive sun exposure. Even though there is no cure for such a skin condition, certain lotions and moisturizers help manage the condition to a great extent and provide relief from skin rashes.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Day and Night Moisturizer:Ancient Greek Remedy Natural Body Oil for Women and Men||Buy on Amazon|
|Dermatologist Recommended:Bio-Oil Skincare Body Oil||Buy on Amazon|
|Say Goodbye to Skin Irritation:DermaSeptin Soothing Skin Protectant Ointment||Buy on Amazon|
|Ultra Hydration:Eucerin Redness Relief Night Creme||Buy on Amazon|
|Perfect Skin Protectant:Coloplast Baza Barrier Cream||Buy on Amazon|
|Skin Rescue Lotion:Medix 5.5 Vitamin C Skin Care Cream||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Keratosis Pilaris (KP) Prone Skin:Paula’s Choice Skin Revealing Body Lotion||Buy on Amazon|
It’s seen that women are more likely to have lupus; however, it can happen to anyone. Here we have listed the seven best products for lupus skin that can treat rashes and reduce redness. All these products are selected based on their quality and performance.
Check them out!
7 Best Products For Lupus Skin
1. Day and Night Moisturizer: Ancient Greek Remedy Natural Body Oil for Women and Men
- It is an organic blend of Olive, Lavender, Almond, Vitamin E, and Grapeseed Oils
- Suitable for Dry Skin, Face, Hair, Foot, Leg, Hands, Nail, and Cuticle Care
- Provide instant relief from lupus skin
- Infused with four anti-aging oils makes
- Ensures softer facial skin
- Shrinks pores, and firm skin
- Clears up acne & dark spots
- Minimizes the appearance of acne scars for a radiant and glowing appearance
- Suits all skin types.
What We Don’t Like: A patch test is recommended for sensitive skin.
2. Dermatologist Recommended: Bio-Oil Skincare Body Oil
- Clinically proven to help repair skin damage and scars on the skin
- It is non comedogenic and a great solution for lupus skin
- prevents skin rashes effectively
- Enriched with powerful natural oils that are infused with vitamins and minerals
- Contains Vitamin A and E from Chamomile Oil, Sunflower Oil, and Lavender Oil
- It contains anti-inflammatory and promotes healthy skin
- A non-greasy body oil that hydrates skin and helps retain moisture
- Formulated for all skin types
- Features a pleasing aroma
What We Don’t Like: A patch test is recommended to reduce the chances of allergic reactions.
[ Read: How to Use Baking Soda for Rashes ]
3. Say Goodbye to Skin Irritation: DermaSeptin Soothing Skin Protectant Ointment
- It provides a barrier to prevent irritation from moisture and promotes healing.
- Active ingredients are zinc oxide and menthol
- Used for skin irritations from incontinence episodes, feeding tube leaks, wound exudates, and perspiration
- Keeps the perineal skin fresh and healthy
What We Don’t Like: The consistency of the cream is heavy. Even though it’s a good trait, being too thick is not what everyone prefers.
4. Ultra Hydration: Eucerin Redness Relief Night Creme
- It reduces the redness for sensitive skin and redness-prone skin at night
- Features a soothing and hydrating formula
- Loaded with Licochalcone, a skin-soothing extract of licorice root
- It is gentle and effective for sensitive skin
- Free of fragrance, dye
- Non-comedogenic formula
- Offers Broad Spectrum SPF 15
What We Don’t Like: Unpleasing smell.
5. Perfect Skin Protectant: Coloplast Baza Barrier Cream
- It helps treat and prevent minor skin irritation due to diaper rash and seals out wetness
- Zinc oxide and dimethicone-based moisture barrier containing petrolatum, vitamins A, D, and E
- Offers effective relief from redness and inflammation
- Help with overdrying and discomfort
What We Don’t Like: According to a reviewer, this cream is a bit messy, but since the results are outstanding, it could be neglected.
[ Read: 8 Effective Home Remedies for Itchy Skin ]
6. Skin Rescue Lotion: Medix 5.5 Vitamin C Skin Care Cream
- It combines the goodness of anti-aging ingredients
- It contains Vitamin C, helps promote even skin tone
- It also contains Natural Ferulic Acid that targets sun-damaged skin
- Hydrate and moisturize dehydrated, dry skin
- Effectively helps in skin rashes from lupus skin
- Safe for all skin types, including oily and sensitive skin
- It contains shea butter, aloe vera, and natural extracts such as apple, sunflower, and rosemary
What We Don’t Like: Overpowering fragrance
7. Best for Keratosis Pilaris (KP) Prone Skin: Paula’s Choice Skin Revealing Body Lotion
- 10% Glycolic Acid, an ultra-effective alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), gently exfoliates rough, dry skin to reveal smoother, younger-looking, hydrated & supple skin
- It is formulated with a pH of 3.5 – 3.9.
- Nourishing, creamy formula significantly improves the appearance of hard clogged pores & leaves skin all over your body beautifully soft & moisturized.
- Visibly improves uneven skin tone and softens the appearance of hard, clogged, red bumps on the arms and legs.
What We Don’t Like: It doesn’t give instant results.
Even though these products help manage lupus skin to a great extent and suit almost all skin types, we recommend performing a patch test before slathering it on the skin. It is essential to minimize the chances of any allergic reaction to these products to make the most out of them.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Barrier Cream for Bed Sores
- 7 Best Creams For Crepey Skin
- 7 Best Essential Oils for Eczema Treatment
- Top 10 Natural Remedies for Eczema Relief
- How to Use Tea Tree Oil For Scabies?
- Aloe Vera for Eczema: How to Use?
- Aloe Vera for Psoriasis: How to Use?
- How to Use Epsom Salt for Eczema?
- Coconut Oil for Eczema: How To Treat?
- Neem Oil for Scabies: Does it Really Work?
- How to Use Tea Tree oil for Boils?
- Top 5 Essential Oils to Help Treat Psoriasis