Acne-prone skin gets breakouts easily. It doesn’t take much time for such a skin type to get red and irritated and develop acne. Setting sprays are useful makeup products that help keep skin matte and control oil production, thus reducing the chances of breakouts.
Using the best setting spray for acne-prone skin ensures controlled oil production, making the pores less likely to become clogged. At the same time, it does not let the makeup melt.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Ultra-Mattifying Finish:e.l.f. Matte Magic Mist & Set||Buy on Amazon|
|Brightens Complexion:NYX Matte Finish Fini Mat Makeup Setting Spray||Buy on Amazon|
|Mattifying Setting Spray:Urban Decay All Nighter Ultra Matte Setting Spray||Buy on Amazon|
|Effective and Affordable:Rimmel London Stay Matte Fix & Go 2-in-1 Primer & Setting Spray||Buy on Amazon|
|100% Natural And Safe:Simplified Skin USDA Organic Bulgarian Rose Water||Buy on Amazon|
|Fast Drying Formula:Bella Jade Makeup Setting Spray||Buy on Amazon|
|Lightweight and Comfortable:Maybelline Facestudio Lasting Fix Makeup Setting Spray||Buy on Amazon|
Acne Prone Skin
If you are dealing with acne-prone skin and looking for the best setting spray, you are at the right place. We have carefully selected certain products and curated a list with the 7 best setting sprays for acne-prone skin.
Check them out!
7 Best Setting Sprays For Acne Prone Skin
1. Ultra-Mattifying Finish: e.l.f. Matte Magic Mist & Set
- The major ingredients are Arctium Majus Root, Vitamin B, Vitamin E
- Offers an ultra-mattifying finish and suits all skin types.
- It helps calm skin inflammation and soothes irritated skin
- Infused with antioxidants that ward off free radicals
- It also contains Arctium majus root, known for its shine-reducing powers.
- It consists of vitamins B and E to add an extra layer of antioxidants to the skin
- It helps control excess oil production
- Decreases inflammation and protects against free radicals
What We Don’t Like: It contains synthetic fragrance.
[ Read: 7 Best Face Oils For Acne Scars ]
2. Brightens Complexion: NYX Matte Finish Fini Mat Makeup Setting Spray
- The key ingredient is Niacinamide which promotes a brighter complexion
- It helps balance their skin’s oil production and prolong the life of their makeup
- It helps makeup stay set for a whopping 16 hours
- Promotes a brighter, more even complexion
- Feels comfortable, mild, and breathable on the skin
What We Don’t Like: It may not suit certain skin types.
3. Mattifying Setting Spray: Urban Decay All Nighter Ultra Matte Setting Spray
- The key ingredient is aloe vera leaf juice and Tocopherol
- One of the best mattifying setting sprays for acne-prone skin
- It is a lightweight, smudge-proof, and transfer-resistant setting spray
- It contains a patented Temperature Control Technology to lower the temperature of makeup, resulting in less melting
- Soaks up excess oil, even over full-coverage makeup
- Offers 16-hour wear time
What We Don’t Like: It contains fragrances that may trigger allergic reactions to certain skin types. Also, it comes in large packaging, not suitably fitting most bags.
4. Effective and Affordable: Rimmel London Stay Matte Fix & Go 2-in-1 Primer & Setting Spray
- The key ingredients are Cucumber Extract, Urea, and Sodium Hyaluronate
- It is a dual-function product that works as a primer and setting spray
- It mattifies skin to reduce oil
- It contains ingredients like sodium PCA and urea that gently hydrate skin throughout the day
- Reduces redness and skin inflammation
- Soothes irritated and inflamed skin
What We Don’t Like: It contains fragrance.
5. 100% Natural And Safe: Simplified Skin USDA Organic Bulgarian Rose Water
- Infused with organic-certified rose water sourced from Bulgaria
- It can be used as a setting spray, as a mist
- It helps control oil, tone skin, and clean pores
- Keeps the greasiness at bay and extends makeup wear hours
- Best for sensitive acne-prone skin as a makeup remover too
- Free of alcohol, paraben, sulfate, and gluten
- Ultra hydrating and revitalizing for the skin
What We Don’t Like: It may not hold makeup for too long.
6. Fast Drying Formula: Bella Jade Makeup Setting Spray
- It is a feather-light, fast-drying, and non-sticky spray
- It gives makeup an airbrushed and flawless finish
- The fresh, invigorating smell
- It contains organic white tea leaf extract, organic green tea extract, and organic rooibos extract
- Boosts hydration and refreshes the skin in just a spritz
- Suitable for all skin types
- Free from artificial fragrances, phthalates, parabens, sulfates, and petrochemicals
- Also, offer anti-aging benefits
What We Don’t Like: It may not extend makeup wear for long hours.
7. Lightweight and Comfortable: Maybelline Facestudio Lasting Fix Makeup Setting Spray
- Best for acne-prone skin and helps keep the makeup intact for up to 16 hours
- Features maximum matte effect, which is lightweight and breathable
- Keeps the skin look shine-free
- Offers long-lasting results with a fresh and flawless look
What We Don’t Like: Overwhelming smell.
So, these are some of the best setting sprays for acne-prone skin. Even though these are tried and tested on problematic skin, we suggest you perform a patch test to ensure it is not causing any skin concern.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Carrier Oils For Acne Prone Skin And Scars
- 7 Best Laundry Detergents for Acne Prone Skin
- 7 Best Makeup Removers For Acne-prone Skin
- 7 Best Shaving Creams For Acne Prone Skin
- 7 Best Primers For Acne Prone Skin
- 7 Best Setting Sprays For Oily Skin
- 7 Best Body Lotions for Acne Prone Skin
- 10 Best Facial Tanner For Acne Prone Skin
- How to Get Rid of Pimple/Acne Scabs Naturally
- Top 9 Best Face Sunscreens For Acne