Shaving acne-prone skin is not an enjoyable process. However, shaving creams, gels, and foams make it bearable to a great extent. These products soften the hair and create a slick surface for gliding the razor effortlessly. At the same time, they reduce nicks and snags for an effortless shaving experience.
Here, we have carefully selected some of the best shaving creams for acne-prone skin and curated a list with their major features and a few drawbacks. Infused with skin-hydrating and skin-loving ingredients, these shaving creams keep skin moisturized and nourished.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Best overall:Aveeno Positively Smooth Moisturizing Shave Gel||Buy on Amazon|
|Best foaming gel:Gillette Ultra Sensitive Shaving Gel For Men||Buy on Amazon|
|Best shaving cream for dull and dry skin:Bliss Lemon & Sage Body Butter Maximum Moisture Cream||Buy on Amazon|
|Best shaving cream for sensitive skin:Vanicream Shave Cream||Buy on Amazon|
|Best natural shaving cream:Andalou Naturals Lavender Thyme Botanical Shave Cream||Buy on Amazon|
|Best shaving cream for facial hair:Proraso Shaving Cream||Buy on Amazon|
|Best shaving cream for the body:EOS Shea Better Shave Cream||Buy on Amazon|
If you cannot find the best shaving cream for your problematic skin, keep scrolling to find the one that suits your skin the most.
7 Best Shaving Creams For Acne Prone Skin
1. Best overall: Aveeno Positively Smooth Moisturizing Shave Gel
- Infused with Vitamin E, Soy, and Aloe Vera
- It is lightweight and infused with soothing ingredients
- It helps condition both the hair and skin
- Features emollient-rich and sensitive-skin-friendly formula
- Lathers up quickly
- Keeps skin supple and smooth after shaving
What We Don’t Like: It may not suit sensitive skin.
[ Read: 7 Best Shaving Creams For Black Men ]
2. Best foaming gel: Gillette Ultra Sensitive Shaving Gel For Men
- Infused with Vitamin E, Glycerin, and Shea Butter
- The natural emollients keep skin soft and moisturized for smooth razor movement.
- It is gel texture-wise but foams up quickly.
- Features not-too-thick consistency and non-drying formula
- It suits almost all skin types
What We Don’t Like: It is infused with fragrance, making it unsuitable for sensitive skin.
3. Best shaving cream for dull and dry skin: Bliss Lemon & Sage Body Butter Maximum Moisture Cream
- Infused with Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Soybean Oil, Hyaluronic Acid, and Candelilla Wax
- Beneficial for skin more than foams and gels
- Make skin slick enough for the razor to glide
- Keeps skin deeply nourished pre- and post-shave
- Formulated with more natural ingredients
- Also infused with vitamin E, it conditions the skin even after you rinse it off
- The presence of menthol leaves a tingly finish
What We Don’t Like: It doesn’t later.
4. Best shaving cream for sensitive skin: Vanicream Shave Cream
- Infused with glycerine to keep skin slick and moisturized
- Safe for those with sensitive skin
- Free of fragrance, preservatives, formaldehyde, and parabens
- Suitable for allergy-prone skin too
- The presence of gentle and preservative-free formula decreases the chance of irritation
What We Don’t Like: Thick consistency
[ Read: 7 Best Shaving Soaps For Sensitive Skin ]
5. Best natural shaving cream: Andalou Naturals Lavender Thyme Botanical Shave Cream
- Infused with fruit stem cells, aloe, and argan oil
- It is a lightweight lotion suitable for all skin types
- Formulated with probiotics, aloe vera, and rosehip and argan oils
- It helps soften, hydrate, and smooth skin, allowing the blade to glide easily
What We Don’t Like: It May feel slightly heavy.
6. Best shaving cream for facial hair: Proraso Shaving Cream
- The major ingredients are Coconut Oil, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, and Menthol
- It brings hair to the surface and therefore reduces the chance of getting ingrown
- Suitable for all skin types
- Works well for both men and women
What We Don’t Like: The consistency is thick, and the smell is not very pleasing.
7. Best shaving cream for the body: EOS Shea Better Shave Cream
- The active ingredients are Shea Butter and Aloe
- It is a non-foaming cream that can be used on the entire body for shaving
- It doesn’t foam, but the texture spreads easily
- Easy to rinse off or leave on post-shave like a moisturizer
- Extremely moisturizing than any other cream for shaving
What We Don’t Like: Unpleasing smell.
These are the best shaving cream for acne-prone skin that will help you get a close shave without irritation or inflammation. All these creams are tried and tested on different skin types, including acne-prone skin, and come out to be highly useful.
We have selected them based on their quality and performance on problematic skin. Besides we also considered users’ reviews to compile our list. Start using these best shaving creams and see the difference.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Laundry Detergents for Acne Prone Skin
- 7 Best Makeup Removers For Acne-prone Skin
- 7 Best Electric Shavers For Sensitive Skin
- 7 Best Primers For Acne Prone Skin
- 7 Best Setting Sprays For Acne Prone Skin
- How To Stop Shaving The Faces Of Females?
- 10 Best Facial Tanner For Acne Prone Skin
- 7 Best Carrier Oils For Acne Prone Skin And Scars
- 5 Best Similar Fur Oil Products
- How to Get Rid of Ingrown Hairs on Legs