Lip liners are of great use in defining the lips and giving them a proper shape. Makeup enthusiasts know how important the role of a lip liner is. It can dramatically enhance the lips, making them look big, bold, and fuller.
While talking about lip liners, we cannot forget to mention the amazing range MAC has brought for the users. With great shades and smooth, creamy formula, MAC lip liners have always grabbed the attention of users. However, one downside that holds people from buying them is the high price.
Undoubtedly, MAC cosmetics and beauty products are expensive. Whether we talk about their lipsticks or lip liners, they all come with a hefty price tag, not easily affordable by mainstream consumers.
Luckily, we have found some amazing MAC lip liner alternatives that are not so costly but give results almost similar. When you can get an identical result at a lesser price, why invest more?
Check out the 5 best MAC lip liner alternatives we have listed below, but before that, let’s find out what makes MAC lip liners a fad among makeup fanatics.
MAC lip liners, also called lip pencils, are available in a wide range of colors. They are designed to shape, line, and fill in lips to make them look stunningly bold and beautiful. The smooth and creamy texture helps to outline the lips and color them beautifully. You can find them in a wide variety of shades to match your lipstick shade.
Features of MAC lip liner-
- smooth and creamy formula
- texture that won’t skip or drag
- applies quickly and precisely
You can apply MAC lip liner before applying lipstick. Line your lips with the pencil tip to get a well-defined lip look. The color lasts longer and intensifies the look of your lips. It is advised to apply a shade darker than your lipstick and blend it properly with a brush to get a fuller lip look.
MAC lip liners are also popular as they are made with quality ingredients that do not compromise the skin’s health. They are formulated without Formaldehyde, Hydroquinone, Triclosan, Coal Tar, Toluene, Silicone, Paraben, and Mineral Oil.
The major ingredients of MAC lip liner include C10-18 Triglycerides, Talc, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Rhus Succedanea (Japan) Fruit Wax, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate. All these components are skin-friendly and keep the lips well-hydrated.
- Made with high-grade and skin-loving ingredients.
- Smooth and velvety finish
- Enhances the lips and makes them look fuller
- MAC lip liners are expensive and not easily affordable by all. Therefore, people often look for good alternatives for MAC lip liner.
5 Best Similar Mac Lip Liner Products
1. Nyx Nyx Slim Lip Liner Pencil 810 Natural
- Creamy and has a long-lasting formula
- Does not flake even after a few hours
- Smooth texture does not pull or tug on the lips
- Makes the lips look healthier
2. Huda Beauty Lip Contour Matte Pencil –trendsetter
- Pencil dries to a matte finish and is great for defining the lips
- Formula is waterproof and does not feel dry on the lips
- Cruelty-free alternatives of MAC lip liner
3. Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lip Liner – Totally Toffee
- Creamy, smudge-proof formula that prevents lipstick bleeding and feathering
- Always on point to define, line and fill in your lips for quick touch-ups on the go
- Create distinct edges with this nude liner for a perfectly defined lip look
- Slightly over lines the lips to enhance lip fullness
4. Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner – Nude Medium
- Comes with a built-in sharpener and has a water-resistant formula which does not feather.
- Tip gives a sharp line and enhances the shape of the lips.
- Long wear, water-resistant and non-feathering formula
- Color-matched for wear with an array of lip colors.
5. HAUS LABORATORIES By Lady Gaga: RIP LIP LINER
- Water-resistant lip liner pencil
- Creamy, high-pigment lip pencil that balances precision with one-stroke, giving demi matte payoff
- Comfortable, longwearing formula was made to outline with ease or fill in for all-over color.