Chia seeds have been used as a medical remedy for treating various ailments and conditions, thanks to their excellent medical properties that are beneficial to your health. Among the great properties is their depurative effect which functions to get rid of harmful substances from distinct areas in your body. Because of this, chia seeds for colon cleansing is possible.(1)
Does Chia Seeds Cleanse Your Body?
Chia is a plant with different properties that come with numerous benefits to your health. For instance, chia seeds have powerful depurative characteristics that come from its wealth in insoluble fiber. This helps to enhance the intestinal transit and mitigate the accumulation of hazardous substances in the colon, as well as in other parts of your body. Thanks to this property, chia seeds can help to reduce the risk of colon cancer since its purification capabilities remove nitrosamines- substances that raise the risk of colon cancer.(2)
To cleanse your colon using chia seeds, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 liter of water,
- 3 tablespoons of chia seed,
- Lemon juice.
Preparation and Treatment:
- Pour the three tablespoons of chia seed in a bowl and fill the bowl with water, then allow them to sit and soak.
- Allow them to soak in the water for around one hour till they are soft.
- As you wait for your chia seeds to soften, prepare your lemon juice. Take a lemon fruit and cut it into two then squeeze out the juice into a cup or any other container.
[ Read: Best Herbal Tea For Colon Cleanse ]
- Lemon is recommended for this process because it also contains depurative characteristics that will be good for your colon.
- After waiting for one hour as the chia seeds soak, you will observe a certain kind of gel forming.
- Add that liter of water into the bowl, as well as the lemon juice you’ve just squeezed then stir everything.
- Continue stirring until you obtain a homogenous mixture. Take care not to strain the seeds as this may interfere with the purifying properties of the eventual remedy.
- When everything is mixed up, place your bowl of remedy into the refrigerator and wait for ten minutes.
- Finally, pour your chia seeds water into a glass and drink to cleanse your colon.
[ Read: Magnesium Citrate and Bowel Cleansing ]
Apple, Honey, Flax Seed with Chia Seed for Colon Cleanse
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds,
- 2 tablespoons of flax seed,
- An apple,
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Place the chia seeds and flax seeds in a bowl of water and let them soak and absorb the water for about five to ten minutes.
- Add the honey into the bowl and some slices of apple then stir until everything s mixed up real good.
- Pour the mixture in a container and store in a refrigerator.
- Drink the mixture around four times a day for four consecutive weeks to clean your colon.
Cleansing is very vital to your body because it not only eliminates harmful bacteria and improves digestion, but also facilitates weight loss while keeping various health conditions at bay. Chia seeds provide you with an easy and convenient way of cleaning your small intestine.
- Dietary chia seed (Salvia hispanica L.) rich in alpha-linolenic acid improves adiposity and normalises hypertriacylglycerolaemia and insulin resistance in dyslipaemic rats- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18492301/
- Isolation and characterization of proteins from chia seeds (Salvia hispanica L.)- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23240604/
You Might Also Like: