Colon cleansing or colon hydrotherapy is an exercise which involves flushing the colon with liquids to clean the colon. This is a practice that has been there for thousands of years and comes with a lot of benefits. Aside from that, there are some posses that can assist you to clean your colon without visiting a colonic hygienist. Here are the 6 posses for colon cleansing.
1. Seated Spinal Twist
Seated Spinal Twist is a modified version of the Half Lord Fish pose where you sit and twist your body while you fact the other side. This method is crucial as it has releases energy from the inside as cleansing of the colon occurs simultaneously.
How to Perform the Seated Spinal Twist:
- First, sit on a mat or folded blanket and stretch out your legs.
- Breath in and bring your knees up to your chest with both feet on the floor.
- Put your left leg down as you place your foot on the right buttock.
- Lift the right leg and put in on your left leg with the knee towards the ceiling and the right ankle near the left knee.
- Bring the right leg closer to your body.
- Breathe in, then out as you bring your left elbow outside the right knee while twisting towards your right.
- Pose in this manner for 30 seconds. Breathe deep and slow and repeat this on your other side.
Benefits of Seated Spinal Twist: Improved digestion process. Stretching the body muscles.
[ Read: Yoga for Belly Fat ]
2. Cat and Cow Pose
Cat and cow pose are two different postures but they go hand in hand when you want to cleanse the colon.Cow pose is usually a seated posture and they are combined for a better asana flow.
How to do The Cat and Cow Pose:
- Begin on all fours, with the knees and hands on the same level, as the hips and shoulders.
- Ensure that your back is as of that of the table.
- Ensure your head is centered in between the shoulders.
- Inhale then relax your stomach while raising your chest and sit your bones up.
- Then breathe and exhale which returns you to the table top position.
Benefits of Cat and Cow Pose: Awakens the spinal cord. The best stretch for torso and back.
[ Read: Yoga for Weight Loss ]
3. Locust Pose
This is a posture that involves lifting your legs and head up at the same time thus working well on your backbone and colon.
How to Perform the Locust Pose:
- While inhaling, lift your head up from the mat as you focus ahead of you.
- Breathe out and lift your arms and chest from the mat. With the legs and head at the same position.
- Inhale with your body at this position, then raise your legs until you can fill the weight on the pelvis, stomach, and the bottom ribs.
- Stay in this posture for 10 breaths then release it gently on the floor up to the starting position.
Benefits of the Locust Pose: Strengthens the pelvic muscles, straightens the colon.
[ Read: Yoga Poses for Abs ]
4. Crow Pose
Also known as the Crane pose, its a posture that has several benefits as it works well on your backbone and digestive system. Here, you raise the entire body up while balancing on your arms.
How to Perform the Crow Pose:
- Crouch down, ensuring that your heels are flat on a folded blanket.
- Then spread the knees apart than the hips then move the arms in front.
- Bend your arms a bit as you bring the upper sections of the arms near the shins.
- Maintain the lower body near the arms while rising up, as you move your weight.
- Then completely round your back as you breath out as the lower body is off the floor.
- Rise up until you see the knee resting on your upper arms.
Benefits of the Crow Pose:
- Tons up the abdomen.
- It removes a lot of tension from the back.
- Stimulates the digestion process.
[ Read: Yoga Poses to Increase Breast Size ]
5. Bridge Pose
This is an exciting posture which involves lifting up your back and staying up in the air for some minutes until you form a bridge-like shape with your body. It is effective as it works well on your abdomen and the digestive system.
How to perform the Bridge Pose:
- Start in relaxation pose.
- Breathe in while you push the tail bone up using the inner thighs.
- Ensure that you feel some pressure.
- Roll the shoulders under while the head is flat in the floor.
- Stay in this position for minutes and release it slowly.
Benefits of the Bridge Pose:
- Improved digestion.
- Reduction in stress.
- Stimulates the lungs and the thyroid glands.
[ Read: Yoga for Stronger Arms ]
6. Wind Relieving Pose
This is another great pose which involves helping you get rid of that gas from the digestive system. It involves several stretches that help you out.
How to Perform the Wind Relieving Pose:
- Bend the left knee outwards as you tuck the heel on your groin.
- Then bend the right leg as you move it forward.
- Then turn your body to the right side while your chest in well entered.
- Then grab your right foot by both hands.
- The move slowly by sliding on the floor.
Benefits of the Wind Relieving Pose:
- Strengthens your joins.
- Improves the digestive system.
- Cleanses the colon.
[ Read Also: Yoga for Back Pain ]
7. Cobra Pose
Another posture that helps out greatly with cleansing is the Cobra Yoga pose. Mostly, it is meant to improve the upper part of the body. It involves lifting the upper part with the aim of straightening it.
How to Perform the Cobra Yoga Pose:
- First, you have to stretch on the floor with your hands on your side.
- Breathe out as you press the lower body against the floor.
- The press down your palms and lift up the upper body.
- Then leave all bend on your arms.
- Then breathe slowly.
- Hold the pose for about 20 seconds and then release the pose.
Benefits of the Cobra Yoga Pose:
- Relieves sciatica symptoms.
- It reduces stress as it works on the lower abdomen particularly the colon.