Psyllium or also called as Indian plantago is one of the most effective herbs used for maintaining the good digestive system. It helps in spring detox and helps the body to get rid of the toxins present in the digestive system. The seeds of this plant are coated with mucilage that swells when in contact with water which helps in stimulating the bowel movements and enhances the sensations of satiety and reduces the hunger prangs. Let us read to know how to psyllium husk colon cleanse.
Psyllium Husk Colon Cleanse Benefits:
- Stimulate gastric emptying
- Promote bowel movements
- Remove undigested food residues
- Restores healthy gut flora
- Lowers sugar & fat absorption
- Maintains glucose and cholesterol blood levels.
How to Use Psyllium Husk as Colon Cleanse:
1. Psyllium and Yogurt Colon Cleanse Recipe:
This is one of the most commonly used probiotics to maintain healthy and regular digestion.
- 2 teaspoons of psyllium husks
- 2dcl Lactobacillus acidophillus yogurt
- Mix the ingredients and drink the fluid immediately.
Tips: Make sure to drink 2 deciliters of water after the meal. Increase the fluid intake during the detox diet program.
2. Fruit and Vegetable Smoothie Recipe:
The Psyllium husks combine well with fruits and vegetables. This smoothie recipe will provide ample amounts of Vitamin C, protects against inflammation, lower cholesterol levels, and prevents diseases.
- 2.5 deciliters of water
- 1 apple
- 1 glass fresh spinach
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed
- 1-2 teaspoons Psyllium husks
- Wash all the ingredients and put them in the food processor.
- Blend them well and consume immediately.
Tips: Drink large glass of water shortly after the smoothie consumption. Consume this mixture at breakfast.
[ Read: Homemade Juices to Cleanse Your Colon ]
3. Smoothie Recipe:
This combination of fruits, vegetables and Psyllium relieves cramps, bloating, and provides comfort.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ banana
- ½ glass of water
- ¼ fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons avocado
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husks
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor, blend well and consume immediately.
Tips: Drink large glass of water immediately.
4. Psyllium Husks and Bentonite Clay Colon Cleanse Recipe:
The bentonite green clay is highly absorbent natural earth clay that binds to the toxins in the body and also eliminates the pathogens from the intestinal tract. This colon cleanse recipe can be used as alternative if the mixture with fruits and vegetables are not feasible for consumption.
- 1 teaspoon Psyllium husks
- 1 teaspoon bentonite green clay
- 2.5 litres of water/ fresh lemonade
- Mix the ingredients with water and consume immediately.
Tips: Consume this mixture three times a day along with plenty of water.
- Dehydration may occur.
- It delays the absorption of certain drugs. The drug interactions have to be taken care of and consumed 1-2 hour before the consumption of medications.
- Not to consume if the kidney disease present.
- Pregnant women & nursing mothers to consult doctor before consumption.
Consumption of the Psyllium husks is typically harmless to the body and is considered safe with lot of benefits. For people who regularly exercise and are under a particular diet, most of the times, Psyllium husk is given to them as they consume food high in protein.
- 5 Best Herbal Teas for Colon Cleanse
- How to Use Baking Soda as a Colon Cleanse?
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Colon Cleansing