Are you suffering from chronic constipation or are you a victim of irregular bowel movements? Owing to bad eating habits, our lifestyle and sometimes plenty of other reason too, you may experience difficulties in having regular bowel movements. There can be a lot of possible causes and there are multiple remedies for it. We are going to talk about one of the effective and popular ways of salt water flush colon cleanse.
Table of Contents
What is Salt Water Flush?
- A saltwater flush is mainly used as means to clean the colon thoroughly and to treat problems like chronic constipation.
- It is believed that salt water flushing can detox the body thoroughly as it leads to urgent bowel movements within 30 minutes to an hour.
- Drinking the solution is known to force sudden bowel movement which has the potential to thoroughly cleanse your colon and get rid of unwanted waste and toxins from the body.
Salt Water Flush Colon Cleanse Benefits:
Here are some of the benefits which you can enjoy by using the salt water colon cleanse method.
1. Deep Colon Detox: The salt water flush is known to thoroughly detox the colon and free it of the harmful substances which may have otherwise accumulated in your body. As heavy metals, waste and toxins tend to develop over a period of time, performing the salt water flush can help you get rid of all of it.
2. Treats Sore Throats: The salt water flush is also known to treat the trouble of sore throats as it helps in curing inflammation and irritation.
3. Calms Down Inflamed Muscles: We all know how muscles, when inflamed, tend to cause pain. This method is known to soothe the pain sensation and bring relief.
4. Smoothen the Digestive Tracts: The digestive tract muscles are known to contract because of salt water flushing and this, in turn, helps in squeezing out the toxins and unwanted waste too.
5. Balancing the System: It is also known to help in balancing the hormone and the pH levels in your body too.
6. Provides Trace Minerals: This way of cleaning is known to supplement the trace minerals in your body.
[ Read: 3 Day Colon Cleanse ]
How to Perform a Salt Water Flush to Cleanse Your Colon:
Let us see how you can perform the salt water flushing.
1. Salt Water and Lemon Juice Cleanse:
In this method, there are three core ingredients which are needed. They are
- Non-iodized sea salt
- Warm water
- Lemon juice
How to Make the Solution:
- Take 2 taps of non-iodized sea salt and dissolve it in 4 cups of warm water
- Now, add a little lemon juice to the mixture
- Drink this mixture as soon as you make it
Best time to take: The best time to take this solution is early in the morning on an empty stomach as it will then yield the best results.
Repetitions: You can start with several flushes in a row but do not do it every day. However, later on, you should have a flush session every few weeks because a very high frequency can lead to unbalanced electrolytes in your body.
[ Read: Castor oil for Colon Cleanse ]
Tips and Precautions:
- Make it a point to do the salt water flush when you do not have any plans to go out because it can be very hard to control your sudden urge to head to the washroom.
- Do not drink too much of salt water and do not have a very high frequency of repetition too.
- High blood pressure patients should not indulge in it as it can lead to further problems owing to the presence of salt.
- Some patients are known to show signs of nausea and vomiting when drinking salt water on an empty stomach.
- If you face serious problems, consult a doctor immediately.
2. Salt + Warm Water:
The lemon in the previous method was added merely for the taste. You can also carry the same flush without the use of lemon. Make sure to stick to the same guidelines as above.
Salt Water Colon Cleanse Side Effects:
- Electrolytic imbalance
- Nausea and vomiting
- Might even kill the beneficial intestinal bacteria too
- It can impact the kidneys adversely as the salt water flush drastically throws away the sodium which is controlled by the kidney.
How Long Does it Take for Salt Water Flush to Work?
- Ideally, you may experience the urge for a bowel movement anytime within half an hour to an hour. Some people may take longer.
- You are advised to stay home for at least a couple of hours after the intake to ensure thorough cleaning of bowels.
So, if you are suffering from constipation or would like to go for a natural detox, we recommend opting for the salt water colon cleanse. However, you should clearly understand the repercussions which may be caused and at the same time, it is important to know that there isn’t too much of a scientific backing to the whole process.
However, if you do not have problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, edema, kidney stone; opting for salt water flush once in a while might be a good idea as it is known to help you get rid of unwanted waste products from the body.
- 2 Easy Ways to Cleanse Your Colon with Baking Soda
- 5 Homemade Juices to Cleanse Your Colon Naturally
- 2 Simple Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Colon Cleanse