People with combination skin type or oily skin may experience small pit-like openings on the skin, which are referred to as skin pores. Such pores are important to keep the skin hydrated and remove toxins but when they get enlarged, problems occur. These give a dull and older look to the face and can lead to the accumulation of dirt. Such clogged pores cause pimples, blackheads as well as excess sebum production. Exposure to sun, smoking, improper diet, genetic reasons, aging that causes loss of elastin and collagen, makeup and hygiene factors are some reasons leading to open pores. Read on to know how to shrink them naturally.
- Home Remedies to Shrink Pores
- 1. Aloe Vera
- 2. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3. Egg White, Oatmeal and Lemon Juice
- 4. Mashed Papaya
- 5. Ripe Banana Peel
- 6. Argan oil
- 7. Scrubbing with Sugar, Honey, and Lemon Juice
- 8. A Mixture of Oatmeal and Tomatoes
- 9. Gram Flour, Curd, and Turmeric Powder
- 10. Multani Mitti and Rose Water Mixture
- 11. Massaging Jojoba oil
- 12. A Mixture of Fresh Fruit Pulp
- 13. Cucumber and Lemon Juice
Home Remedies to Shrink Pores
1. Aloe Vera
- Fresh aloe vera hydrates, nourishes, and tightens the skin.
- Store brought aloe vera gel can also be used for this. To use this, take some gel and massage on the open pores gently, and leave it for 10 minutes before rinsing with water.
- This has to be repeated every day for shrinking the open pores.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
- This is a great skin toner that tightens the skin pores, reduces inflammation, and cleanses too.
- Take some apple cider vinegar and dilute with an equal amount of water.
- With a cotton ball, dab the solution on the skin and let it dry.
- This can be done every day after washing the face at night.
[ Recommended: How To Get Rid of Open Pores Naturally ]
3. Egg White, Oatmeal and Lemon Juice
- Egg white is known to tighten the skin and enhance its elasticity.
- To make the face mask, take an egg white, 2 tablespoons each of oatmeal powder and lemon juice, and mix them to create a fine paste.
- Spread it on the face evenly and leave for 30 minutes before rinsing with normal water.
- This can be repeated twice a week.
4. Mashed Papaya
- It can unclog the skin pores. To use it, apply the mashed papaya on the face and leave for 20 minutes before rinsing with water.
- Regular usage can reduce the blemishes too.
5. Ripe Banana Peel
- This is a good remedy for various skin issues including larger skin pores.
- It has lutein which is an anti-oxidant. Also, the potassium in it rejuvenates the skin.
- To use this, all you need to do is run the banana peel against the skin gently and then wash it after 10-15 minutes.
6. Argan oil
- This is a therapeutic remedy for skin and hair that tightens the pores. It has vitamin E and fatty acids which keep the skin hydrated too.
- Just take 2-3 drops of oil and warm them by rubbing on fingers.
- Apply this on the face and massage gently and leave for 30 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- This needs to be repeated every night before bed.
[ Recommended: Does Baking Soda Help Clogged Pores ]
7. Scrubbing with Sugar, Honey, and Lemon Juice
- Sugar is the easiest available ingredient at home.
- Mix a tablespoon of it with a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- The mixer can be gently scrubbed on the face and rinsed with lukewarm water in some time.
- This can be repeated once a week.
- The remedy removes the skin impurities as well as exfoliates the dead skin cells.
8. A Mixture of Oatmeal and Tomatoes
- This mixture is used for exfoliating and toning the skin.
- A tablespoon of ground oatmeal needs to be taken with a small ripe tomato to create a paste that can be applied and massaged on the face.
- This has to be used once a week.
- Oatmeal in the mixture absorbs oil and tomatoes act as a natural astringent, both of which cleanses the skin and enhance the natural skin quality.
9. Gram Flour, Curd, and Turmeric Powder
- Blend a tablespoon of gram flour, a teaspoon of turmeric, and a tablespoon of curd with 2-3 drops of olive oil.
- Apply this paste on the face gently and leave for 25 minutes before rinsing with normal water.
- Dry the face and apply some moisturizer. This can be used 2-3 times a week.
- Gram flour is a great exfoliator that removes dead skin cells and reduces skin pores too.
10. Multani Mitti and Rose Water Mixture
- Multani mitti is a wonderful ingredient that works on any type of skin. It cleanses the skin and absorbs the oil.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of it with 2-3 tablespoons of rose water to create a paste that can be applied to the whole face.
- Then wash it with normal water once it dries. This can be used twice a week.
11. Massaging Jojoba oil
- Take a few drops of this oil and massage in a circular motion.
- This has to be left overnight and repeated 2-3 times a week for shrinking the size of the pores naturally.
12. A Mixture of Fresh Fruit Pulp
- Fruits are rich in anti-oxidants and have astringent characteristics too, which cleanses and tones the skin.
- Fruits that can be taken include papaya, orange, watermelon, strawberry, and banana.
- Blend these and apply the mixture to the face.
- Massage and let them sit for 10-15minutes before rinsing with normal water.
- Hydrating characteristics of the pulp tighten the pores and even the dead skin cells are removed.
13. Cucumber and Lemon Juice
- Cucumber is a natural hydrating agent that can tighten the open pores in oily skin.
- Blend a few slices of cucumber with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to create a pulp which has to be applied to the face and left for 15 minutes before washing. This can be repeated twice a week.
Apart from the simple home remedies, some regular practices can help in preventing open pores. This includes daily cleansing with a mild cleanser, exfoliating the skin, removal of makeup before sleeping, adding more fruits and veggies to the diet, and remaining hydrated. Besides this, pimples must never be popped as this can spread the bacteria and make pores larger. These habits are highly effective in reducing the appearance of larger skin pores.
- How To Dermaplane At Home?
- How To Self Tan Your Face
- Does Lemon Juice Help Clogged Pores
- 7 Best Body Lotions for Acne Prone Skin
- 10 Best Face Washes For Large Pores
- 7 Best Products For Large Pores And Oily Skin