A pimple inside nose can be extremely painful. It is hidden and invisible and can give you pain your other regular pimples don’t. Intranasal acne or like we say a pimple inside nose forms around the irritated hair follicles and can be extremely agonizing. It can get big and partially block your airway, if not taken care properly. It would a big red pus pocket that would cause you so much of an irritation, that you would want to pop it, but it will only worsen if you do so. Nose infections can be a serious cause of concern.
Table of Contents
- Causes of A Pimple Inside Nose:
- 1. If Your Pores Close:
- 2. Bacterial Attack:
- 3. Picking And Plucking:
- 4. The Environment Outside:
- Home Remedies for Painful Pimple Inside Nose:
- 1. Ice for Pimple Inside Nose:
- 2. Inhaling Steam for Pimple Inside Nose:
- 3. Onion Juice for Pimple Inside Nose:
- 4. Tea Tree oil for Pimple Inside Nose:
- 5. Garlic for Pimple Onside Nose:
- 6. Sandalwood for Pimple Onside Nose:
- 7. Apple Cider Vinegar for Pimple Inside Nose:
- 8. Lemon Juice for Pimple Inside Nose:
- 9. Cinnamon for Pimple Inside Nose:
- 10. Neem for Pimple Inside Nose:
Causes of A Pimple Inside Nose:
1. If Your Pores Close:
- If the pores of your skin that are covered with hair follicles inside your nose close, the chances of having a pimple is quite definite.
- The oil producing glands inside our skin produce that keeps our skin and hair soft.
- Sometimes due to excess oil or dead skin, these pores get clogged and form these pimples inside.
2. Bacterial Attack:
- Bacteria can enter into the pores and block them, causing an inflammation.
- This inflammation makes the pimple painful and leads to more infections.
- Nasal Vestibulitis or folliculitis caused by Staphylococcus (staph) bacteria, forms multiple red painful bumps around the nasal opening that can be excruciatingly painful.
- Bacteria can cause Nasal Furuncles too. These are boils or deeper infection inside the nose and are more of a concern.
- This condition can lead to cellulitis which can spread and enter into the bloodstream that can be lethal in a few cases to.
3. Picking And Plucking:
- Irritated follicles are the main reason for for one to get pimples inside the nose.
- Picking your nose quite often makes a pathway for all the germs and bacteria on your hand to enter with quite ease.
- Likewise, plucking your nasal hair strains these hair follicles and pores thus causing them inflame and form pimples.
4. The Environment Outside:
- Outside factors like the work environment and other seasonal changes too lead to pimples inside the nose.
- Usually if you work where there is too much of dust, dirt or other foreign particles, they can enter into the nose and can accumulated.
- This accumulation can cause the pores to block leading to inflammation and clogging.
- The seasonal changes can affect your nose’s mucous membranes and can make them crack out.
- These cracks can become the infection points and lead to multiple pimples inside the nose.
- So it is advised to keep the nose protected and covered when the environmental factors are out of your control.
It is good to avoid the causes to prevent these pimples from coming. However, if you have been suffering with a pimple inside the nose, then popping it will only cause harm and do no good. So check out these home remedies!
Home Remedies for Painful Pimple Inside Nose:
So we are here to help you with how you could get rid of this pimple inside your nose with simple home remedies and explain some important causes that lead to this pimple. Have a look!
1. Ice for Pimple Inside Nose:
As ice can help in increasing blood circulation and is effective in reducing inflammation, this can be one of the best remedies to cure the pimple. All you need to do is wrap some ice in a cloth and place it on your nose approximately around the pimple area inside. The coolness from the ice, will reduce the heat and inflammation inside the pimple and gradually reduce it.
2. Inhaling Steam for Pimple Inside Nose:
Inhaling steam can reduce the irritation caused by he pimple. First you need to boil some water and at a safe distance, you need to inhale the steam. This softens the skin around. After this you can take a cotton and apply slight pressure on to the pimple to remove the trapped oil and dirt. Post this you can use an anti-bacterial cream to avoid any further infection.
3. Onion Juice for Pimple Inside Nose:
Onion juice is effective in healing and can reduce the pain. So churn some onion and make some juice of it. Dab a cotton swab into it and apply it gently. This will help reduce the inflammation and pain.
4. Tea Tree oil for Pimple Inside Nose:
Being an anti-bacterial, tea tree oil is very effective from removing pimples and acne from the skin. And specially for a pimple in your nose, it can work wonders. All you need to do is dab some tea tree oil on a cotton ball and apply it on the affected area. Do this for 5-10 minutes and 2-3 times a day. You should rinse your face clean after every use. Within a few days, you should see gradual improvement.
[ Read: How to Use Tea Tree oil for Acne ]
5. Garlic for Pimple Onside Nose:
Garlic has multiple uses and one most effective use is in reducing a pimple in the nose. It is anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti – inflammatory and has sulfur content too. All you need to is to a take a fresh garlic clove and rub it onto your pimple daily. You can do this several times a day and you can see improvement in a couple of days.
6. Sandalwood for Pimple Onside Nose:
Mixing the above in equal quantity, with some additional aloe vera gel can just be the home made ointment you would be looking for treating that pimple. Take a cotton swab and dab it into this paste and apply it gently. Then wipe it clean with the tissue. The sandalwood and rose water would heal, while the vitamin c in the lime would kill any bacteria. Aloe vera gel would give the soothing effect.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar for Pimple Inside Nose:
Known for it balancing properties, apple cider restores the pH balance inside the nose and can quickly heal the pimple. Applying a mixture of apple cider and water, when mixed in equal parts can cleanse the follicles inside the nose enhancing speedy recovery. Use a cotton swab and dip it into the solution and apply gently. Don’t put pressure, the pimple will vanish gradually.
[ Read: How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne ]
8. Lemon Juice for Pimple Inside Nose:
Lemon juice being an astringent, dries the pimple quickly and avoids it from coming back. The Vitamin C present kills the bacteria thus reducing the inflammation and distress caused by the pimple. A mixture of lime juice and ground nut oil can be taken, and a cotton swab can be dipped in it. Applying twice daily will show good results. After a few minutes of application, one needs to wash the area thoroughly to avoid any further clogging.
9. Cinnamon for Pimple Inside Nose:
Cinnamon mixed with honey can work wonders on the pimple. As it is an anti-inflammatory , anti- oxidant and anti-bacterial, it can cure the pimple with ease. One needs to apply the paste and leave it for a few minutes and then rinse it with lukewarm water.
10. Neem for Pimple Inside Nose:
Neem is an important ingredient for a lot of skin treatments. These leaves have anti-fungal, antibacterial and blood purifying properties that help in killing the pimple causing bacteria and avoids it from reoccurring. Grinding the leaves and mixing it with turmeric paste and then applying on the pimple can show significant reduction in the inflammation and pain.
With this we wind up our home remedies for curing that pimple inside your nose. However, we would suggest that if the problem persists, seeking medical help is the best option. An underlying cause in the nose if remain undetected can lead major health hazards as the nerves connect to the brain. So don’t wait till its too late.
- Homemade Face Mask for Acne
- How Effective is Spironolactone for Acne
- How Effective Is Aspirin for Acne