Our body changes with time, and so do our hormones. This results in a change in hair color too. Besides this, the sun also plays a major role in turning black hair into brown. Read on to know the other reasons responsible for this.
Black Hair Turning Brown
Reasons For Black Hair Turning Brown
1. Excessive Sunlight: Exposure to the sun for a prolonged period can cause the hair to get bleached. Thus color is lost from the hair follicles.
2. Hard Water: This has minerals which settle on the hair surface during hair wash and make the texture rough. The hair doesn’t receive enough moisture and can result in breakage over time, besides becoming light brown color.
3. Chemical-Based Products: Chemical-based shampoo and conditioners and other chemical treatments can turn the hair to brown color. So, make sure to check with your hair expert about the sensitivity of your hair, so he can suggest you the right treatment.
[ Read: Will My Hair Dye Run In A Swimming Pool ]
4. Genes: Besides the external factors, genes can bring a color change in the hair. You can expect it if earlier generations in your family already experienced the change of hair color with time. Even genes can result in the growth of brownish strands from the roots.
5. Mineral Deficiency: Lack of nutrition and iron in the body can cause the hair to lighten. Insufficient copper can affect the body’s metabolism which affects the growth of cells.
6. Stress and Underlying Diseases: Certain illnesses such as systemic lupus, systematic scleroderma and erythematosus can turn black hair to brown. Besides this, excess stress also results in a change in hair color.
Ways Of Preventing Browning Of The Black Hair
Some simple techniques to keep the black color of the hair intact are as follows:
- Use soft water for washing hair. Filtered water can be used if the tap water is hard.
- Shower heads have minerals and metals which can get deposited on the scalp and hair. So avoid washing hair in the shower.
- Wear a hat or bandana while going out in intense sunlight or take an umbrella. A leave-in hair conditioner can be used after washing the hair, and before stepping out in the sunlight.
- Avoid regular use of chemical-based products.
- Try a natural protein-rich hair mask on the hair, once a week.
- Massaging with coconut or almond oil is an amazing therapy that can prevent brown strands from spreading through the scalp. It nourishes and retains the black color of hair.
- Aloe vera application on the scalp overnight and then rinsing it in the next day can treat hair whose black color has faded.
Hair turning from black to brown is not very uncommon and is not a very serious issue too. Still, with the right precautions and care, you can protect your hair color and keep the hair nourished.
You Might Also Like:
- Splat Black Hair Dye
- Best Black Hair Dye
- 21 Hottest Hairstyles for Brown Hair
- What Does Hair Toner Do To Highlights?
- Can You Mix Hair Dye Brands?
- The 5 Simple DIY Scalp Scrub Recipes for Healthy Hair & Scalp
- What Happens If You Burn Your Hair With A Lighter?
- Why Is My Hair Curly Underneath But Straight On Top?
- Can I Blow Dry My Hair After Dying It?
- Can You Tone Wet Hair?