Are you tired of the recurring urinary tract infections (UTI)? Is the burning sensation, abdominal pain and discomfort driving you insane? Well, you are not alone. Studies show that each woman experiences a UTI at least once in their lifetime. Fortunately, Apple Cider Vinegar for UTI is a highly effective home remedy to ease the symptoms of UTI. Before you drink up the entire bottle of vinegar, you should learn all there is about this relieving home remedy.
Table of Contents
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good for a UTI?
- Apple Cider Vinegar is known to soothe the inflammation of an irritated bladder.
- The fact that it is not made using the distillation process like white vinegar gives it this superior ability.
- It’s slightly acidic nature to urine enables it to clear the infection in your bladder.
- ACV also contains potassium which is highly effective in preventing an infection from reaching the kidneys as well as preventing the bacteria from proliferation.
- Depending on the quality of your Apple Cider Vinegar, it may contain antioxidants and amino acids which are also helpful in relieving your discomfort.
Apple Cider Vinegar for UTI (Urinary Tract Infection):
1. Using Apple Cider Vinegar To Treat UTI:
- 2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of water
- Mix the ACV with the filtered water, stir and drink.
When to Take:
- You can opt to take two tablespoons of the apple cider vinegar before eating.
- This is best early in the morning before you eat your breakfast.
- If you don’t want it too concentrated, you can choose to dilute with water and drink it up.
- Honey is a suitable choice of sweetener if the taste is too much for you. Remember, the idea is to keep it natural.
Repetition: Drink the solution once a day, early in the morning before breakfast. Repeat for a week or until the infection disappears.
- If you the taste is unbearable for you, there is another way.
- Pour a cup of the ACV in your bath water and sit in it. The water should be as hot as you can bear.
- Sit in it for about 30 minutes or until the water turns cold.
- Grab a book to read or meditate while at it to kill the time.
2. Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar for UTI:
Baking Soda is also a very effective remedy for urinary tract infections. This ingredient will effectively neutralize the acidity in your urine hence reduce the inflammation. This makes your healing process easy and pain free.
Baking soda is also known to detoxify and clean the kidneys. This comes in handy in a case where the UTI had spread up to the kidneys. This prevents further damage to your organs.
- 2 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of water
- Mix the baking soda and Apple cider vinegar and drink it on an empty stomach.
- If it is too concentrated for you, you can dilute half a spoonful of the baking soda in filtered water twice a day.
When to use : Remember, this should be done on an empty stomach.
Repetition: Drink this solution once a day for a week to effectively treat the infection. However, you can do it longer simply because baking soda has vast benefits in the body. It alkalizes it hence bringing about vast benefits to it.
Precautions: If this solution causes acid reflux and/or heart burn, stop usage immediately.
[ Read: How to Drink Cranberry Juice for UTI ]
3. Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey for UTI:
- 2 tablespoonfuls of Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- A pinch of Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Adding a tablespoonful of honey to your apple cider vinegar concoctions I ideal for people who can’t stand the sour taste of the vinegar.
- In this case, stir it up and drink. Honey makes it sweet but it also has vast benefits to the body.
- A simple Apple Cider Vinegar solution with a bit of honey will help you feel better without dealing with the bitter after taste of the vinegar.
- You can choose to add cayenne pepper to your solution if you wish.
- Drink this solution once or twice a day depending on the portion.
- Drinking it on a empty stomach is highly advisable for better and quicker results.
When to Use: Drink this solution on an empty stomach. Early morning before breakfast and in the evenings before dinner.
- Using artificial honey may interfere with the effects of the concoction. It is best that you see to it that the honey is 100% natural.
- Urinary tract infection is highly uncomfortable and it varies from one woman to the other. This depends on the severity of the infection. The longer it’s left untreated the riskier it becomes as it may spread to the kidneys as well.
- UTI’s are common in ladies than they are in men simply because women have a shorter urethra. This makes it easier for bacteria to travel up and cause the infection. The sooner the treatment commences the better.
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for BV
- How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Yeast Infection
- How to Get Rid of Bloating with Apple Cider Vinegar