Hair relaxers transform how your hair looks. With intense hair conditioning, straightening, and relaxing formula, it boosts hair health, shine, volume, and luster. Therefore, here we have curated a detailed list of the 7 best relaxers for black hair.
Black hair of African descent is known for being curly and coily. For such hair types, relaxers work wonders in uplifting their health. So, if you have extremely curly, coily, and kinky hair types, check out the list we have shared. All these relaxers are selected based on their quality and performance. Check them out and give a bounce to your 4C hair.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Best Overall:SoftSheen-Carson No-Lye Relaxer||Buy on Amazon|
|Suits Sensitive Scalp:Avlon Affirm Sensitive Scalp Conditioning Relaxer||Buy on Amazon|
|Reduces Hair Breakage:SoftSheen Carson Optimum Salon Hair Care No-Lye Relaxer||Buy on Amazon|
|Best For Color-Treated Hair:Avlon Fiber Guard Sensitive Scalp Relaxer Kit||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Moisturizing Formula:ORS Olive Oil Professional Creme Relaxer||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Protein-Enriched Formula:TCB Hair Relaxer||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Quick-Absorbing Formula:Luster’s ShortLooks Color Relaxer||Buy on Amazon|
7 Best Relaxers For Black Hair
1. Best Overall: SoftSheen-Carson No-Lye Relaxer
- Infused with shea butter, jojoba, and avocado oil
- It gives moisture, shine, strength, softness, and volume to hair
- The kit comes with three products- the healthy-gloss five moisture hair crème, the healthy-gloss five moisture conditioner, and silk keratin serum.
- Results in soft, non-frizzy hair
- Easy to apply, giving straight and sleek hair
- The result lasts for six weeks.
What We Don’t Like: It makes hair dry and doesn’t work well on thick hair. It is not suitable for colored hair.
2. Suits Sensitive Scalp: Avlon Affirm Sensitive Scalp Conditioning Relaxer
- Offers maximum scalp comfort and nourishment
- Helps retain 76% of fiber elasticity
- Strengthens hair
- Works well for sensitive scalp
- Conditions the hair and reduces irritation and dryness
- Formulated with exclusive liquid crystalline technology
- Infused with a blend of exotic conditioning ingredients
- Makes hair smooth and straight
What We Don’t Like: it is expensive.
3. Reduces Hair Breakage: SoftSheen Carson Optimum Salon Hair Care No-Lye Relaxer
- Helps achieve a salon-like professional straightened hair in the comfort of home
- Infused with coconut oil that maintains hair moisture
- Contains hair-strengthening ceramide
- Results in a smooth and silky appearance of hair
- It keeps the hair cuticle flat and enhances the shine
- Prevent hair from breakage
- Help increase hair elasticity and retain the shine
- Comes with six products- protective pre-treatment, activator, neutralizing shampoo, conditioning relaxer cream, reconstructor, and leave-in strengthener
- Ensures 90% less breakage
- Suitable for normal hair
What We Don’t Like: It is not suitable for Caucasian hair and causes a burning sensation on the scalp
[ Read: 7 Best Shampoos for Black Hair ]
4. Best For Color-Treated Hair: Avlon Fiber Guard Sensitive Scalp Relaxer Kit
- It is a four-step no-lye relaxer kit
- Formulated with Avlon’s exclusive Fiber Strengthening Complex
- Preserves up to 40% of the hair strength
- Reinforces and restructures the hair fibers
- Strengthens hair from the roots
- Penetrates deep into the roots
- Offers tensile strength and elasticity to the hair fibers
- Protects your hair from environmental pollutants and mechanical stresses
What We Don’t Like: The results take time to come.
[ Read: 7 Best Hair Fibers For African American ]
5. Best Moisturizing Formula: ORS Olive Oil Professional Creme Relaxer
- Provides extraordinary conditioning
- Utilizes olive oil and lanolin
- Protect hair from the damaging effects of a relaxer
- Moisturizes hair and leaves it soft, silky, and manageable
- Provides moisture to each hair strand
- Acts as a protective barrier to lock in the hydration
What We Don’t Like: You need to purchase a neutralizing shampoo separately. Also, it is not suitable for sensitive scalps.
6. Best Protein-Enriched Formula: TCB Hair Relaxer
- Formulated especially for the African American hair type
- Contains natural oils, protein, and DNA to strengthen and protect hair while relaxing it
- Contains mineral oil and petroleum jelly
- Acts as a protective barrier
- Reduces scalp irritation during the process
- Leaves hair soft, smooth, silky, and manageable
- Works well for texturized, colored, and permed hair
What We Don’t Like: It does not come with a neutralizing shampoo. Also, it leaves hair dry and frizzy.
[ Read: 7 Best Hair Texturizers For Black Hair ]
7. Best Quick-Absorbing Formula: Luster’s ShortLooks Color Relaxer
- It is a 3-in-1 solution for your entire hair care routine
- Blended with natural ingredients
- It relaxes, colors, and conditions hair for easy styling
- It contains shea butter that naturally moisturizes dry or damaged hair
- It absorbs easily and deep into the scalp
- Nourishes hair from the roots
- Helps color, relax, and condition hair in just 30 minutes
- Locks in moisture and keep hair bouncy
What We Don’t Like: It is expensive and works only for short hair.
Now that you know some of the best relaxers for black hair, it’s high time to invest in them and make your black hair shine bright.
You Might Also Like:
- Why Do I Have Red Hairs In My Black Hair?
- 7 Best Flat Irons For Black Hair
- 15 Best Silk Wrap Hairstyles For Black Hair
- 8 Best Black Hair Dye
- 10 Best Pigtail Hairstyles For Black Hair
- 15 Best Beach Vacation Hairstyles For Black Hair
- Splat Black Hair Dye
- 7 Best Barrettes for Black Hair
- 13 Best Flat Iron Straight Hairstyles For Black Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos And Conditioners For Black Hair Growth