Who doesn’t want a flawless skin! Of course it is one of that complimenting features to have. But with factors such as skin aging, UV rays exposure, all these produce more melaninthus causing age spots. Market is flooded with plethora of skin lightening topical treatments and cream bases, but the question is how effective are they? When it comes to skin, nature’s remedies play a vital and more effective role. One among them is Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) to treat age spots. Apple cider vinegar fermented version of apple extracts have alpha hydroxyl acids in abundance which makes a very good skin exfoliation substitute and works best to lighten the age spots. Let us read to know how effective is apple cider vinegar for age spots removal.
Table of Contents
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Age Spots:
- 1. Apple Cider Vinegar for Age Spots:
- 2. Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon Juice for Age Spots:
- 3. Apple Cider Vinegar and Onion Juice for Age Spots:
- 4. Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar for Age Spots:
- 5. Apple Cider Vinegar and Horseradish for Age Spots:
- Tips and Precautions:
- More from my site
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Age Spots:
Apple cider vinegar carries the goodness of apple extracts and is very beneficial for many skin ailments and health issues. Let’s find out the various ways to use Apple cider vinegar for that impeccable skin:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar for Age Spots:
- Apple cider vinegar
- cotton ball
How to apply:
- Apple cider vinegar can be directly applied on to the age spots using a cotton ball.
- Keep this for 30 minutes and then rinse off.
- As Apple cider vinegar is high in acetic content, and can cause a bit dryness,
Repetitions: Hence it is suggested to follow this recipe once a day.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon Juice for Age Spots:
Orange and lemon abundant in Vitamin C and citric acid is a very powerful antioxidant that stimulates collagen production and works very well in treating age spots. You can reap in these benefits on to your skin by
- 1 teaspoon of orange/lemon juice
- 2 tsp of Apple cider vinegar
How to do:
- Just mixing orange/lemon juice to apple cider vinegar.
- Dab this onto the affected areas, keep it for a while and rinse off thoroughly.
Repetitions: Follow this process once a day.
[ Read: Lemon Face Mask Benefits ]
3. Apple Cider Vinegar and Onion Juice for Age Spots:
Onion’s bleaching, antiseptic and acidic properties are very effective to get rid of pigmentation and age spots. Its limits the collagen production which leads to scars. For this recipe,
- apple cider vinegar
How to do:
- Blend of squeeze finely chopped onion to extract its juice.
- Take one part of onion juice and one part of apple cider vinegar,
- Mix it and apply it on the age spots.
- Keep it on face for a while and then rinse off.
Repetitions: Repeat the above process daily once.
4. Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar for Age Spots:
Honey is known for its moisturizing and antioxidant properties which removes sun damage.
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of honey
How to do:
- Mix apple cider vinegar and honey in a bowl
- Applied to the age spots.
- Leave this on for 15 mins and then rinse off.
Repetitions: Do this once a day.
[ Read: Benefits of Honey Face Mask ]
5. Apple Cider Vinegar and Horseradish for Age Spots:
Horseradish is another ingredient which works effectively on the blemishes and spots.
- few pieces of horseradish
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of honey
How to do:
- Make a mixture of horseradish and apple cider vinegar and honey for the moisturizing effect.
- Apply this mixture to the age spots and
- keep it for 15 minutes and wash off.
Repetitions: Follow this remedy once a day.
Age spots are harmless, but there is a need to treat them since it tends to be a age revealing factor. Instead of spending huge on the various cosmetics and treatments, natural remedies always yield good results. Also the treatments and cosmetics leave your skin exposed to harmful chemicals which can again be a concern. Hence Try these recipes for radiant and flawless skin.
Tips and Precautions:
- Limit your exposure to sun, As UV rays tend to cause the pigmentation and dark spots.
- Always use a sunscreen if you step outdoors at the peak hours (10am to 4 Pm).
- Age spots could also be due to hormonal imbalances.
- Increase antioxidants in the form of ripe fruits and easy to digest veggies to fight free radicals.
- Wear protective clothing like long sleeved shirts to protect yourself from the harmful UV rays.
While aging is a natural process and all of us will eventually go through it, giving your skin the much needed care is extremely important. Though age spots aren’t a medical hassle, but cosmetically a lot of women may never want these to come. So if you are one among them too, try the ACV and do share the results with us.
- How To Remove Scars Quickly with Apple Cider Vinegar
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin Tags
- How To Get Rid Of Shingles with Apple Cider Vinegar