Even though 4C hair can easily turn heads, maintaining it is tricky. The dense structure of such hair sometimes makes them unmanageable and problematic. Luckily, we have some highly effective oils that work wonders on 4C hair and nourish the locks deeply.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Ultra Moisturization:Maple Holistics Rosemary Essential Oil||Buy on Amazon|
|Hair Luxury:PURA D’OR Organic Moroccan Argan Oil||Buy on Amazon|
|Tames Frizz:Maui Moisture Curl Quench + Coconut Oil Curl Milk||Buy on Amazon|
|Manages 4C Hair:Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Softening Hair Oil||Buy on Amazon|
|Improves Hair Growth:Wild Growth Hair Oil||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for 4C hair:Aria Starr Cold Pressed Castor Oil||Buy on Amazon|
|Ultra Nourishment:Fro Butter Emu Oil Hair Growth||Buy on Amazon|
Regular use of oil on 4C hair improves hair and scalp health, stimulates hair growth, and boosts hair manageability. Moreover, it also reduces hair thinning and dandruff while enhancing hair shine and softness. Also, if you use a heat styling tool, oils will protect them from damage.
Check out the 7 best oils for 4C hair and make them easily manageable.
7 Best Oils For 4C Hair
1. Ultra Moisturization: Maple Holistics Rosemary Essential Oil
- Rosemary moisturizes the hair naturally and makes them healthy and lustrous
- It offers volume and bounce to the hair, making them soft and supple
- It makes hair look soft and healthy
- The ultra-hydrating power of rosemary makes it the best moisturizer for curly and 4C hair
- The calming and soothing scent makes it even more appealing
- It also adds shine and sheen to the strands
What We Don’t Like: It may weigh down some hair textures.
[ Read: How to Use Rosemary oil for Hair Growth ]
2. Hair Luxury: PURA D’OR Organic Moroccan Argan Oil
- The oil is extracted from the kernels of the Argania Spinosa Tree
- Cold pressed extraction method helps retain the properties of argan intact
- Protects hair and scalp from environmental aggressors
- It is a rich source of vitamin E and essential fatty acids
- It boosts hydration levels by locking in natural moisture
- It can be used on the skin as it helps reduce redness and skin irritation with its anti-aging properties
What We Don’t Like: People with oily skin can have acne and breakouts using this oil. So, it is better to use it only on hair.
3. Tames Frizz: Maui Moisture Curl Quench + Coconut Oil Curl Milk
- The key ingredients are coconut oil, papaya butter, aloe vera, and plumeria extract
- The potent blend of these natural ingredients keeps the hair hydrated and smooth
- It controls frizz and tames flyaways, making your hair look voluminous and supple
- Also, it improves hair shine and softness
- Manages tangled hair and transforms them into bouncy curls
- Free of silicone and paraben, and other harmful ingredients
- The pleasing smell gives 4C hair god vibes
- It is lightweight and doesn’t weigh hair down
What We Don’t Like: It may make the scalp dry.
4. Manages 4C Hair: Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Softening Hair Oil
- It helps transform dull and dry hair into healthy, shiny, and bouncy locks
- It helps manage the extremely tight curls and coils easily
- Maintains the natural balance of hair and works well on 1C to 4C hair types
- Infused with natural ingredients like aloe vera, shea butter, safflower, chamomile, calendula, and sweet almond oil
- It adds a layer of moisture to the strands and makes them soft and supple
- Best to use as a hot oil treatment for deep conditioning and extra hydration
- It is free of mineral oil, silicon, and paraben
What We Don’t Like: The overpowering smell makes it unappealing. Also, it may cause breakouts.
5. Improves Hair Growth: Wild Growth Hair Oil
- It is made of 100% natural ingredients that stimulate hair growth and reduce hair breakage
- Addresses multiple issues such as tangled, dry, and damaged hair
- Also, it helps thicken and soften the strands
- Infused with olive oil, coconut oil, rice bran, jojoba oil, chickpea, and lentil cocoa
- Induces hair growth in bald spots
- Combats frizz and prevents flyaways
What We Don’t Like: It may dry the hair slightly. Also, it may cause allergic reactions in people with sensitive skin; therefore, a patch test is recommended.
6. Best for 4C hair: Aria Starr Cold Pressed Castor Oil
- It is made with 100% pure cold-pressed castor oil
- Highly effective in strengthening and nourishing the hair
- Improves skin quality and texture
- Works on making the hair thick and soft
- Reduces hair breakage while detangling the strands
- It also helps in reducing hair thinning, dryness, and dandruff
- It is hexane-free, fragrance-free, and preservative free
What We Don’t Like: The strong smell is not preferred by everyone.
[ Read: 9 Best Castor Oils For Hair Growth ]
7. Ultra Nourishment: Fro Butter Emu Oil Hair Growth
- It helps soften dry hair and restore its elasticity
- Reduces the dryness and brittleness of the strands, enhancing their shine and strength
- It works on eradicating itchiness and split ends and thickens the hair ends
- It contains a powerful blend of coconut oil, emu oil, lavender oil, carrot oil, shea butter, and pumpkin seed oil
- It makes hair soft and silky and prevents hair loss
- It is free of sulfate, paraben, mineral oil, and petroleum,
What We Don’t Like: Overpowering smell.
These are some of the best oils for 4C hair. So, if you have a hard time managing them, it’s time to start using these oil regularly and make your curly and coily hair healthy and manageable.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Moisturizers For 4C Hair
- 7 Best Co-Washes For 4c Hair
- 7 Best Gels For 4C Hair
- 7 Best Hair Oils For Men
- 7 Best Blow Dryers For 4C Hair
- 7 Best Grapeseed Oils For Hair
- 7 Best Leave-In Conditioners For 4C Hair
- 7 Best Edge Control For 4c Hair
- 7 Best Oils For Hair Clippers
- 7 Best Oils For Curly Hair Growth
- 14 Best 4c Hairstyles For Kids
- 7 Best Curl Defining Products For 4C Hair
- 7 Best Conditioners For 4C Hair
- 6 Best Flat Iron For 4C Hair