Using hair extensions helps you get voluminous and dense hair in a jiffy. They work great when you have thin hair or bald patches. Besides, hair extensions also help achieve different hairdos and styles, especially those requiring more scalp hair.
Even though hair extensions are useful in many ways, managing them can take a toll. Since they are attached to the scalp with the help of tape or some other adhesive, they do not get the scalp’s natural oil. As a result, hair extensions become prone to dryness.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Best Overall:Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Color-Treated Extensions: BIOLAGE Color Last Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Curly Extensions:OGX Nourishing & Coconut Milk Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Tape-in Extensions:Big Kizzy Volumizing Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Quick Fixes:SexyHair Luxe Dry Shampoo||Buy on Amazon|
To keep hair extensions well-moisturized and nourished, it is essential to use the best shampoo for tape-in extensions. They keep hair moisturized, soft, and silky and prevent breakage. Also, the problem of frizz and flyaways subside.
Check out the best shampoos for tape-in extensions that we have listed, and enjoy the luscious locks for a longer period.
7 Best Shampoos For Tape In Extensions
1. Best Overall: Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo
- Infused with ceramide, a hair-conditioning agent
- It boasts a unique formula that strengthens the hair’s strands and prevents breakage
- Repairs dry and damaged hair and locks in essential nutrients
- Leaves hair extensions healthier
- Also infused with arginine, which protects hair extensions from damage caused by hair dyes
- Suitable for colored extensions as well
What We Don’t Like: It features an overpowering fragrance and may leave a greasy residue on hair
2. Best for Color-Treated Extensions: BIOLAGE Color Last Shampoo
- Features low pH that prevents it from stripping off colors from the extensions
- It gives long-lasting results and preserves hair color for over nine weeks
- Free from harsh chemicals like sulfates and parabens
- Do not damage the strands; leave them moisturized and free from split ends.
It lathers well
What We Don’t Like: It contains sulfate and is more pricey than other shampoos for hair extensions.
3. Best for All Extension Types: Matrix Total Length Goals Shampoo
- Even though formulated to promote hair growth, you can use it on all types of extensions too
- Free of sulfates, so do not leave extensions dry and dull
- It makes extensions feel soft and smooth
- Infused with Phyto-peptides that enhance the hair’s longevity and overall appearance
- Hair develops a soft, silky feel, free of knots and tangles
- Works well on color-treated extensions too
What We Don’t Like: It doesn’t lather well. Also, the smell is unpleasing.
4. Best for Curly Extensions: OGX Nourishing & Coconut Milk Shampoo
- Prevent drying, tangling, and frizzing of hair extensions
- Infused with coconut milk that nourishes the hair and restores its strength
- Features thick and creamy texture
- Lathers easily on wet hair and adds shine to the extensions
- Reduces hair breakage and restores the hair’s elasticity
- Ensures getting fuller, shinier, and more defined hair
What We Don’t Like: It is slightly greasy and may weigh the hair down.
[ Read: 7 Best OGX Shampoos For Curly Hair ]
5. Best Hydrating Shampoo: Keratese Nutritive Nutrition Shampoo
- It is a hydrating hair shampoo that provides much-needed oil to the strands
- Enriched with Rhizome extract, proteins, glucose, and lipid blends
- Penetrates the dry strands and locks in the moisture
- Do not weigh the hair down
- Delivers soft, light, and glowy look to the hair
- It is best for 4C hair extensions as it reduces tangles effectively
What We Don’t Like: It may dry the color-treated extensions.
6. Best for Tape-in Extensions: Big Kizzy Volumizing Shampoo
- Leaves the tape in place for the next application
- Free of oils that cause hair extensions to slip out easily
- Free of harsh sulfates, parabens, and silicones
- Fortified with ProVitamin B5 and Biotin
- Nourishes and strengthens the hair locks and keeps it frizz-free
What We Don’t Like: It doesn’t lather well.
7. Best for Quick Fixes: SexyHair Luxe Dry Shampoo
- It is the best dry shampoo for hair extensions
- Extend the hair’s life by minimizing the number of times you wash extensions
- Enriched with moringa oil that prevents product buildup
- Absorbs grease, dirt, and excess oil, bringing extensions hair to life
- Adds shine to the hair without leaving residue
What We Don’t Like: It has a strong smell and is not too absorbent.
Now that you know some of the best shampoos for tape-in extensions, it’s high time to start using them to prolong their life and keep them healthy, shiny, and natural.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Hair Masks For Extensions
- 7 Best Natural Shampoos for Men
- 7 Best Natural Shampoos For Oily Hair
- 7 Best Shampoos for Combination Hair
- Why Does My Hair Feel So Thin After Extensions?
- 5 Best Oil For Hair Extensions
- Is It Safe To Use Shampoo On Bald Heads
- 7 Best Dry Shampoos For Extensions
- 7 Best Brushes for Hair Extensions
- 13 Best Hairstyles For Hair Extensions
- 10 Best Drugstore Volumizing Shampoo
- 7 Best Shampoos For Synthetic Wigs
- Important Guidance To Hide Extensions In Very Short Hair