Lactic acid and niacinamide are helpful for dealing with fine lines, wrinkles and dull-looking skin. Despite both being beneficial for the skin, can they be used together in a skincare routine? Read on to know more about these two products and check the answer to the question!
- Lactic Acid And Niacinamide Together
- Lactic Acid And Niacinamide And Their Benefits On The Skin
- Can We Use Niacinamide And Lactic Acid Together? How Do They Work?
- Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Niacinamide And Lactic Acid Together?
- Facts And Tips To Keep In Mind While Using Lactic Acid And Niacinamide:
Lactic Acid And Niacinamide Together
Lactic Acid And Niacinamide And Their Benefits On The Skin
Lactic acid is AHA(alpha hydroxy acid) that exfoliates the skin and reduces ageing signs such as dark spots and fine lines. Similarly, Niacinamide is a type of vitamin B3 which enhances the skin’s appearance by reducing hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, fine lines, and redness and stimulating collagen production.
Can We Use Niacinamide And Lactic Acid Together? How Do They Work?
Yes, these can be used together as a part of the skincare routine. Apply these in a way that the maximum benefits can be availed.
The right process involves waiting for 30 minutes before applying Niacinamide to lactic acid. Doing this will let the acid work in exfoliating the skin and niacinamide can then restore the skin hydration.
Each of these has ingredients with different pH levels, Niacinamide being higher and hence it is absorbed less into the lower skin layers. So, it is good to work mainly on the surface. The lower level of lactic acid makes it more acidic, hence it can penetrate the skin easily.
Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Niacinamide And Lactic Acid Together?
The difference in pH of both the products might cause skin irritation. So it is better to let enough time of at least 15-30 minutes between the applications. This will rebalance the pH, making the skin ready for the next product application.
You can even consider applying niacinamide in the morning and lactic acid in the evening as lactic acid increases skin sensitivity to the sun. Applying the products, every alternate day is also a good idea.
Facts And Tips To Keep In Mind While Using Lactic Acid And Niacinamide:
- Do not use Niacinamide with vitamin C because both are rich in anti-oxidant and have similar benefits for the skin. Thus they will just compete when layered over one another. Still, if you want to use both, use them at alternating times of the day.
- Niacinamide can be used twice every day for all skin types. It can reduce signs of dry skin
- Never leave lactic acid overnight. It should not be left on the skin for more than 10 minutes so that it doesn’t strip away the natural oils of the skin.
- The products are safe for use even during pregnancy and while breastfeeding, as backed by research.
Now when you know the advantages of Niacinamide and lactic acid and how to use them effectively, follow our tips mentioned above for getting the desired outcomes. If you are sceptical, make sure to do a patch test 24 hours before applying it on the skin and avoid use in case of any irritation. Consult a dermatologist immediately if there is persistent irritation after using the products.
You Might Also Like:
- Vitamin C Vs Niacinamide
- Can Fragrance Oils Be Used On The Skin?
- How to Get Rid of Oily Skin on Face at Home
- Oziva Anti Aging Serum- Elixir to Youthful and Glowing Skin
- How to Tighten Face Skin Naturally at Home?
- 10 Foods That Are High in Niacin
- Want To Stay Younger For Longer? Eat These 17 Healthy Foods For Anti-Ageing
- Garnier SkinActive Green Labs Pinea-C Brightening Serum Cream Review