Magnesium is an essential mineral for human health. It plays a role in over 300 biochemical reactions in the body, including helping to maintain normal nerve and muscle function, supporting a healthy immune system, and keeping bones strong.
Magnesium can be found in a variety of foods, including green leafy vegetables, nuts and seeds, whole grains, legumes, and fish.
10 Foods High in Magnesium That Are Super Healthy
Spinach is a nutrient-dense food that’s high in magnesium. One cup (30 grams) of cooked spinach provides 158 mg of magnesium, or 40% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI).
[ Read: How to Use Spinach for Weight Loss ]
2. Swiss Chard
Swiss chard is a leafy green vegetable that’s related to spinach. It’s also rich in magnesium, with one cup (36 grams) of cooked Swiss chard providing 150 mg, or 38% of the RDI.
3. Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate is made from cocoa beans, which are naturally high in magnesium. One square (1 ounce or 28 grams) of 72% cacao dark chocolate provides 64 mg of magnesium, or 16% of the RDI.
4. Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds are a good source of magnesium, with one ounce (28 grams) providing 151 mg, or 38% of the RDI. They’re also a good source of other nutrients, such as zinc and iron.
Almonds are a popular type of tree nut that’s high in magnesium. One ounce (28 grams) of almonds provides 80 mg of magnesium, or 20% of the RDI.
6. Black Beans
Black beans are a type of legume that’s rich in several nutrients, including magnesium. One cup (172 grams) of cooked black beans provides 120 mg of magnesium, or 30% of the RDI.
7. Atlantic Salmon
Atlantic salmon is a type of fish that’s commonly consumed due to its high nutrient content. Three ounces (85 grams) of cooked Atlantic salmon provides 26 mg of magnesium, or 7% of the RDI.
Broccoli is a nutrient-dense vegetable that’s high in magnesium. One cup (156 grams) of cooked broccoli provides 24 mg of magnesium, or 6% of the RDI.
Avocados are a type of fruit that’s often used as a topping or ingredient in various dishes. One cup (150 grams) of cubed avocado provides 58 mg of magnesium, or 15% of the RDI.
10. Brown Rice
Brown rice is a whole grain that’s rich in several nutrients, including magnesium. One cup (195 grams) of cooked brown rice provides 84 mg of magnesium, or 21% of the RDI.
In conclusion, magnesium is an essential mineral that’s found in a variety of foods. These 10 foods are particularly rich in magnesium. Eating a diet that includes a variety of these foods can help you meet your magnesium needs and support your overall health.
You Might Also Like:
- 10 Protein High Foods for Vegetarians
- 10 Foods That Are High in Melatonin
- 10 Foods That Boost Your Mental Health
- 10 Healthy Foods are Rich in Minerals
- Brown Rice Vs White Rice – Which One Is Better?
- 10 Foods That Boost In Oxytocin Levels
- 10 Best Foods To Eat For Kidney Stones
- How to Use Epsom Salt for Constipation Relief?
- How to Take Magnesium Citrate for Colon Cleansing?
- OZiva Mela.Mag+ for for Healthy & Deep sleep
- 10 Foods That Boost Your Body’s Keratin Levels
- 10 Foods Are High in Insoluble Fiber
- 10 Best Foods For Jaundice
- 10 Foods High In Folic Acid
- 10 Healthy Foods to Boost Nitric Oxide
- The 10 Healthiest Whole Grain Foods You Need in Your Diet