Eyebrows are one of the main features that define the contours of your face. Perfectly shaped eyebrows highlight the beauty of the eyes and also make the face look tidier.
How to Choose a New Shape of Eyebrows by Type of Face?
Eyebrows can be reshaped in different ways to suit the shape of your face. Here is a list of common facial shapes and matching eyebrow shapes.
Oval Face: For an oval-shaped face, you can have simple and natural-looking eyebrows with a gentle curve towards the tail of the eyebrow.
Round Face: If you have an almost round or well-rounded face, you can enhance it by keeping high-arched brows. Some even prefer a hard-angled arch for their brows.
Square Face: A square face can be made more beautiful by having a pair of well-curved eyebrows with a soft-angled arch.
Heart Shaped Face: If your face has a heart shape with pointed jaws, you can have a bolder look by having eyebrows that gently curve upwards with a low arch.
What Tools are Needed to Change the Shape of Eyebrows
You can enhance the natural shape of your eyebrows or redefine it noticeably with the help of the following tools.
For easily plucking the fine hairs of your eyebrows, you need stainless steel tweezers with slant and well-aligned tips.
[ Read: How To Tweeze Your Eyebrows Perfectly ]
- For outlining and filling the thickness of your eyebrows, you need a high-quality pencil that matches the color of your brow hairs. Some of the popular varieties are.
- Gel pencil for a bold finish.
- Eyebrow powder pencil for soft filling and matt finish.
- Smudge-proof and waterproof pencils.
- While choosing an eyebrow pencil you need to select a suitable shade. Common shares available in the market are black, dark brown, and brown.
[ Read: How to Fill in Eyebrows With a Pencil ]
To highlight the perfect shape of your brows, you need 2 to 3 shadows that match your skin tone and slightly differ from each other in terms of lightness.
You need a normal-sized eyebrow beveled brush for darkening your eyebrows. You would also need a bigger beveled brush for applying shadows.
[ Read: How To Shape Your Eyebrows Perfectly ]
- You need eyebrow stencils that meet the following specifications.
- Stencils that suit the thickness of your brow
- Reusable stencils that are safe for sensitive skin types
- Multiple stencils with high or low arched eyebrow shapes that suit the shape of your face.
Use sticker stencils if you are new to the procedure. This would make the reshaping quite easier. You may also buy an eyebrow shaping kit that includes stencils.
[ Read: How to Apply Liquid Eyeshadow ]
How to Change the Shape of Eyebrows: Step by Step Instructions
- Once you decide upon a new shape that suits the shape of your face, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Start by applying an eyebrow gel to your brows. This would flatten the hairs and make the procedure easier.
- Gently stroke your eyebrows upwards with your index finger. This would reveal all the uneven hairs that need to be trimmed.
- Trim the long hairs that stick out with a small scissor. By trimming the bushy hairs you can define the natural shape of your eyebrows.
- Next, you can use the stainless steel tweezers to pluck the hairs that surround the eyebrow.
- Hold the tweezers firmly like a pencil and use the tips to grab the hair by its root.
[ Read: Can I Dye My Eyebrows with Henna? ]
- Check the direction in which the hair has grown and then gently pull it out in the same direction.
- Remove all the stray hairs below and above the brows to tidy up the nearby skin. This would make the area near the eyebrow more spotless.
- Repeat the process on the other eyebrow and check if both the brows are equally trimmed and tidied.
- Now choose a stencil that matches the new shape you plan to get for your eyebrows.
- Place the stencil on one of your eyebrows. Make sure that the stencil is properly aligned with the head of your brow.
- Check if the stencil is tilted and adjust the placement to suit the shape and location of your eyebrow.
- Hold the stencil firmly and use an eyebrow pencil to draw the new shape of your eyebrow.
- After drawing the contours darken the entire brow with gentle strokes.
- Now brush the brow hairs using an eyebrow brush to even out the shade. Note that, the stencil should be firmly placed throughout the process.
- Remove the stencil to check the new shape of your brow which appears darker than the rest of the brow that was concealed by the stencil.
- Again use tweezers to remove the hairs from areas that were hidden by the stencil.
- Now pull your eyebrow upwards using your index finger and start applying a light coat of shadow right below the eyebrow using a beveled eye shadow brush.
- While applying shadows make sure that the new shape of your brow is highlighted in a natural way.
- Apply a lighter shadow just below the eyebrow and blend it with a darker one over the eyelid.
- Now place the stencil on the other eyebrow and adjust the placement such that the new shape is fully symmetrical with that of the first eyebrow.
- Darken the exposed area of your eyebrow using your eyebrow pencil and spread the shade using a brush.
- Make sure that the shade is of the same intensity and darkness as that of the other brow.
[ Read: Eye Makeup Tips for Beginners ]
- Remove the stencil and compare both the eyebrows. Use the pencil to make up for any discrepancies.
- Use tweezers to remove unwanted brow hairs that surround the new shape of your eyebrow.
- Repeat the process of applying shadows as you did for the first eyebrow. Compare the application intermittently to avoid dissimilarities.
- Also, apply a gentle coat of darker shadow over the eyelid to complete your makeover.
- Throughout the process, while working on your brow hairs you should always make sure that both the eyebrows are evenly modified.
By following the above-mentioned steps you can easily reshape your eyebrows to enhance your looks without getting any heavy makeup.