Dark circles could indicate an underlying condition or could because of excessive make up as well. But whichever reason it maybe, dark circles look awful and can make one look extremely sick. Working late and straining eyes are the major causes for getting these dark patches underneath the eyes. Though they are multiple ointments and cosmetics available in the market, one should opt for a natural remedy to avoid side effects. The easiest way to do so is by using almond oil.
Does Almond Oil Help In Reducing Dark Circles?
Dark circles are persistent and using chemical products affects the delicate skin under the eye. The oil owes its benefits to the generous amounts of monounsaturated fatty acids, potassium, zinc, proteins, vitamin E, and a number of other vitamins and minerals it contains.
- Almond oil contains various types of anti oxidants that keep the skin healthy.
- Almond oil is naturally anti-inflammatory in nature. As a result it helps in reducing the puffy bags under the eye.
- It has plasmatic acid along with retinol. These two ingredients moisturize the skin under the eye and keeps it healthy.
- Discoloration under the eye can be caused due to dilated blood vessels. Almond oil helps them contract.
- It is rich in vitamin K. It improves the clotting of blood and reduces discoloration under the eye.
How To Use Almond Oil for Dark Circles:
There are plenty of beauty products that promise clean under eye. But they come with the cost of permanently harmed skin. Almond oil is natural oil rich in antioxidants which helps to reduce the puffy bags and dark circles.
1. Massage Almond Oil:
This is the easiest method of applying the oil.
- Wash your face gently with a mild soap and pat dry.
- Now take few drops of the oil and gently massage the affected areas with your fingers.
- Leave it overnight.
- Next morning wash your face.
- Follow this regime regularly.
Note- Eat a few almonds along with this treatment for best results.
2. Almond With Avocado:
Avocado helps in promoting blood circulation and moisturizing the skin because of its vitamin and essential fatty acids content.
- Take four slices of avocado and 7 to 8 drops of almond oil.
- Blend them together until a smooth paste is formed.
- Apply under the eyes and leave for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse it thoroughly.
- Pat it dry.
- Continue this procedure regularly.
3. Almond Oil Along With Turmeric:
Turmeric is already proven age old anti ageing ingredient. Its an antioxidant and anti inflammatory, which keeps the skin healthy.
- Mix turmeric and almond oil in such proportions so that a paste is formed.
- Apply this paste gently under the eye. Leave it to dry completely.
- Rinse it gently and pat it dry.
- Repeat daily till the dark circles are gone.
Tips And Precautions:
All natural products come with their draw backs. While using almond one must maintain certain precautions.
- It is preferable not to use other chemical products along with this oil as it slows down the healing.
- Use pure and organic almond oil for best results.
- Do not be worried if you do not have immediate results. It takes some time for the healing to begin.
- If you are allergic to almonds then do not use this oil.