Melanin decides your skin color. The more melanin content, the darker the skin. Moreover, dark skin lacks ceramide; therefore, it is prone to dryness. Studies have confirmed that dark skin loses water faster than light-colored skin in a process called transdermal water loss.
Since it is already dry, harsh skincare products, especially body wash or soap, add to this dryness, making skin chapped and flaky. Since ceramides are lipids that maintain a healthy moisture level, harsh soap can strip the fats and water out of the skin.
It is when body wash or soaps made specifically for black skin come to the rescue. These products are infused with skin-loving ingredients and enriched with antioxidants to keep black skin deeply moisturized, hydrated and nourished.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Best Blemish-Prone Skin:Sheamoisture Face and Body Bar for Oily skin||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Itchy Skin:Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash||Buy on Amazon|
|African Black Soap:Raw Organic Soap for Acne and Dry Skin||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Body Bar:Buttah Skin by Dorion Renaud Oatmeal Cleansing Bar||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Unscented Body Wash:Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-Free Body Wash||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Cleansing Oil:Bioderma – Atoderm – Cleansing Oil – Face and Body Cleansing Oil||Buy on Amazon|
|Plant-Based Body Wash:Nubian Heritage Coconut Papaya Body Wash Cleanser for Dry, Dull Skin||Buy on Amazon|
The best body washes for black skin would be the one that helps improve skin tone and irritation, reduce inflammation and tackle all the signs of aging. Some also exfoliate the skin, soothe dry patches fade skin tan, rash, and signs of Rosacea.
We have hand-picked the top 7 best body wash for black skin with all the properties required to keep such skin healthy.
7 Best Body Wash for Black Skin
1. Best Blemish-Prone Skin: Sheamoisture Face and Body Bar for Oily skin
- Infused with rich shea butter that moisturizes skin and locks in hydration
- Contains skin-purifying ingredients like tea tree oil to reduce excess sebum production and target acne
- Also contains oats, aloe vera, and rosemary extracts to help calm irritation and balance oily skin
- Has detoxifying properties and cleanses the skin by gently scrubbing away dead skin cells and grime
What We Don’t Like: It may make the skin a bit drying, so if you already have dry skin, skip this product.
[ Read: How to Get Rid of Oily Skin on Face ]
2. Best for Itchy Skin: Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash
- Suitable for dry, itchy skin
- Free of artificial fragrance, dyes, or soap that could irritate the skin
- Infused with natural oils to leave the skin soft
- It is a Dermatologist-recommended product
What We Don’t Like: This body wash helps calm and clean the body but takes time to remove all the residues, so it’s time-consuming.
3. African Black Soap: Raw Organic Soap for Acne and Dry Skin
- Contains essential oils like coconut oil, which rejuvenates your skin and helps clear blemishes
- Also consists of vitamin E, which protects the skin against environmental aggressors
- Promotes cell renewal and fades acne scars, dark spots, fine lines, and pigmentation
- Effective against dandruff, eczema, and psoriasis
What We Don’t Like: Even though this product is an excellent body wash for black skin, the soap dissolves quickly.
4. Best Body Bar: Buttah Skin by Dorion Renaud Oatmeal Cleansing Bar
- Hails from a black-owned brand offering a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Enriched with organic African cocoa butter and shea butter to nourish the skin
- It keeps the skin hydrated for over 72 hours
- It has the luxurious smell of oatmeal shea and lathers well
What We Don’t Like: This product may seem expensive for its size.
5. Best Unscented Body Wash: Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-Free Body Wash
- Fragrance-Free Body Wash gently but effectively cleanses while leaving itchy, dry skin feeling soothed and moisturized
- Enriched with a soothing Triple Oat blend made with oat flour, oat extract, and oat oil to remove dirt and impurities
- It doesn’t disrupt the skin’s natural barrier
- Formulated for sensitive skin and is suitable for daily use
What We Don’t Like: Patch test is recommended to ensure the body wash works well for sensitive skin.
[ Read: 7 Best Moisturizers For Black Skin ]
6. Best Cleansing Oil: Bioderma – Atoderm – Cleansing Oil – Face and Body Cleansing Oil
- Infused with probiotics that help repair dry skin to make it healthy, soft, and supple
- Rinses easily without leaving any residues left on the skin
- Offers intense moisturization that lasts for over 24 hours
- It is suitable for dry to sensitive skin
What We Don’t Like: According to a reviewer, the scent is overpowering, and there is some itchiness after using a while.
7. Plant-Based Body Wash: Nubian Heritage Coconut Papaya Body Wash Cleanser for Dry, Dull Skin
- Enriched with natural ingredients like papaya, aloe, shea butter, and coconut oil
- Free of parabens and sulfates
- Features the amazing tropical scent that lingers for hours on soft, moisturized skin
What We Don’t Like: It may cause the skin to become dry.
These are the best body wash for black skin, proving to be highly effective in preventing dryness. Also, they keep skin soft, supple, and moisturized to stay healthy.
Pick one according to your skin type and enjoy healthy skin.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Body Butters for Black Skin
- 15 Basic Hair Care Tips to Include in Your Hair Care Routine
- Top 12 Beauty Benefits of African Black Soap for Skin & Hair
- 7 Best Body Butters for Black Skin
- 7 Best Fade Creams For Black Skin
- 7 Best Lotions For Black Skin
- 7 Best Soaps For Black Skin
- 7 Best Toners For Black Skin
- 7 Best Toning Creams For Black Skin Without Hydroquinone