Dealing with sensitive skin takes a toll, and finding the right skincare product is even trickier. Since you never know what ingredient may trigger an allergic reaction, causing redness, breakouts, and skin inflammation, it takes many hits and trials to find the best product.
Here, we are talking about foundation, the base of any makeup. The best foundation for sensitive skin should have gentle ingredients that are safe for sensitive skin. It should not cause breakouts, irritation, inflammation, redness, or other skin concerns. At the same time, it should be buildable and easy to blend, offering medium to full coverage.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Best for Eczema:NARS SHEER GLOW FOUNDATION||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Dry Sensitive Skin:Bareminerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream||Buy on Amazon|
|Effective and Affordable:L’Oréal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation||Buy on Amazon|
|Best for Rosacea:IT COSMETICS YOUR SKIN BUT BETTER CC+ CREAM WITH SPF 50||Buy on Amazon|
|Best matte foundation:DIOR FOREVER MATTE FOUNDATION||Buy on Amazon|
|Lightweight and Comfortable:The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation||Buy on Amazon|
|Mattifying Look:Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation||Buy on Amazon|
Foundations For Sensitive Skin
Since finding such products can be challenging, we have listed the 7 best foundations for sensitive skin based on their quality, performance, and users’ reviews. They are best for sensitive skin and do not trigger any reaction. Check them out!
7 Best Foundations For Sensitive Skin
1. Best for Eczema: NARS SHEER GLOW FOUNDATION
- It offers sheer and buildable coverage and is easy to apply
- The non-comedogenic formula stays gentle on the skin without causing any irritation or redness
- It has hydrating and light-reflecting ingredients that make it perfect for all skin types
- Vitamin C derivatives, antioxidants, and turmeric extract are the added benefits
- It is fragrance-free and free from other nasty ingredients like parabens and phthalates
- Available in 40 shades
What We Don’t Like: It offers light coverage. Also, if you don’t want a shiny look, avoid it.
2. Best for Dry Sensitive Skin: Bareminerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream
- It offers sheer to medium coverage and features non-comedogenic properties
- The presence of natural ingredients like glycerin, squalane, and sodium hyaluronate makes it effective for all skin types
- It also offers sun protection with SPF 30
- The texture is gel-cream and lightweight, staying comfortable throughout the day
- It is available in 18 stunning shades
What We Don’t Like: Even though it corrects complexion, making it even, it is not able to cover the blemishes, and separate concealer is required.
[ Read: 7 Best Primers For Dry Skin ]
3. Effective and Affordable: L’Oréal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation
- It offers full coverage and comes at an affordable price
- The presence of aloe vera makes it suitable for all skin types, as it hydrates and nourishes the skin
- 40 shades are available
- The non-comedogenic property makes it suitable for acne-prone skin
- It is lightweight in texture, and results last longer
What We Don’t Like: If offers only SPF 15 sun protection.
[ Read: 7 Best Primers For Acne Prone Skin ]
4. Best for Rosacea: IT COSMETICS YOUR SKIN BUT BETTER CC+ CREAM WITH SPF 50
- It offers medium to full coverage with its easy to blend and buildable formula
- SPF 50 is an add-on that ensures broad spectrum sun protection
- It features a moisturizing and non-comedogenic formula that stays non-cakey on the skin
- It ensures a radiant and glowing finish where the foundation stays for long
What We Don’t Like: Only 14 shades are available.
[ Read: 10 Essential Tips to Get Glowing Skin ]
5. Best matte foundation: DIOR FOREVER MATTE FOUNDATION
- It offers medium to full coverage and is the best foundation for oily and combination skin
- The non-comedogenic property of the foundation makes it suitable for acne-prone and sensitive skin
- It contains skin-smoothing rosehip extracts that nourish skin and provide deep hydration
- It is oil-free and available in 36 diverse shades
What We Don’t Like: It comes with a hefty price tag.
6. Lightweight and Comfortable: The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation
- Infused with aloe vera and rose water, this foundation helps hydrate the skin and keep it well-nourished
- Designed to give a natural and dewy finish
- The non-comedogenic formula does not clog pores or feel heavy on the skin
- It is ultra-hydrating, lightweight and stays comfortable all through the day
- Provides sun protection with SPF 15
What We Don’t Like: limited shades are available.
7. Mattifying Look: Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation
- The finely milled and smooth texture of the foundation makes it easy to blend
- The lightweight, oil-free, and non-comedogenic formula works in favour of sensitive skin
- It gives a mattifying look without being cakey
- Gives a smooth canvas to apply further makeup
- Available in 20 shades
What We Don’t Like: It is pricey.
[ Read: 7 Best Setting Powders For Mature Skin ]
Even though these are the best makeup foundation for sensitive skin, we still recommend you perform a patch test to avoid any skin issues. Also, before using, read the labels and check every ingredient to ensure they are safe for your sensitive skin.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Foundations For Textured Skin
- 7 Best Foundations For Olive Skin
- 7 The Best Drugstore Foundations For Dark Skin
- 7 Best Foundations For Combination Skin
- 7 Best Foundations For Indian Skin
- 7 Best Cushion Foundations For Oily Skin
- 7 Best Self Tanners For Sensitive Skin
- 7 Best Concealers For Sensitive Skin
- How to Choose the Right Foundation for Your Skin Type and Tone?
- 7 Best Fitbit Bands For Sensitive Skin
- 7 Best Facials For Sensitive Skin
- 7 Best Hot Tub Chemicals For Sensitive Skin
- 8 Best Massage Oils For Sensitive Skin
- 7 Best Men’s Deodorants For Sensitive Skin
- 7 Best Primers For Sensitive Skin
- 7 Best Sunscreens For Sensitive Skin
- 5 Best Similar Makeup Forever HD Foundation Products