The best primer for dry skin should have ultra-hydrating ingredients that keep skin soft and supple. Since dry skin lacks moisture, your makeup products must have hydrating and moisturizing properties.
The function of primers is to fill in large pores and creases, giving smooth and even skin. It helps the foundation glide effortlessly for the best makeup look. At the same time, primers should blur the skin discolorations and hyper pigmentations.
|Top Picks||Check Price|
|Best for Dry Skin:Too Faced Plump & Prime Luxury Face Plumping Primer Serum||Buy on Amazon|
|Extended Wear:Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Hydrating||Buy on Amazon|
|Effective and Affordable:Catrice Cosmetics Prime and Fine Aqua Fresh Moisturizing Hydro Primer||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Drugstore:NYX Professional Makeup Bare With Me Hydrating Jelly Primer||Buy on Amazon|
|Stick Primer:Beauty Bakerie The Butter HydraSilk Primer||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Hydrating:Jane Iredale Smooth Affair Brightening Face Primer||Buy on Amazon|
|Blurring Effect:Smashbox Photo Finish Smooth and Blur Oil Free Foundation Primer||Buy on Amazon|
If you have dry skin and are looking for a primer with all these properties, check the shared list. After carefully selecting the 7 best primers for dry skin, we have curated this list with their potential features and drawbacks. These primers are high in quality and performance and work well for dry skin due to their hydrating ingredients.
Check them out!
7 Best Primers For Dry Skin
1. Best for Dry Skin: Too Faced Plump & Prime Luxury Face Plumping Primer Serum
- Infused with Peptides, St John’s wort, hydrolyzed rice extract, and vitamin
- Also infused with hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid and glycerin.
- Suitable for Balanced, oily, dry, and combination
- Delivers a plumping effect and creates an ultra-smooth canvas
- Lightweight with a milky consistency
- Absorbs quickly and gives a flawless finish
- It tackles dryness and improves skin texture.
- Comes in an airtight container
What We Don’t Like: It contains artificial fragrance, which is not liked by everyone.
2. Extended Wear: Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer Hydrating
- The key ingredients are Olive extract, marine hydra botanicals, glycerine
- It is made specifically for dry skin; therefore, infused with skin-hydrating ingredients
- Infused with hyaluronic acid and glycerine
- Offers anti-aging benefits by filling fine lines
- Makes the skin feel comfortable for several hours
- Plumps the skin and stays comfortable throughout
- Offers long-lasting effect
What We Don’t Like: It may pill on some complexions
3. Effective and Affordable: Catrice Cosmetics Prime and Fine Aqua Fresh Moisturizing Hydro Primer
- The key ingredient is bamboo water
- The lightweight formula stays gentle on the skin
- Comfortable to wear all through the day
- It is fragrance-free and doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals
- Makes skin feel fresh and hydrated
- Also, it helps to brighten the skin complexion and make it soft and supple
What We Don’t Like: It contains a dye that may trigger an allergic reaction on sensitive skin.
4. Best Drugstore: NYX Professional Makeup Bare With Me Hydrating Jelly Primer
- The key ingredients are Aloe vera and cucumber extract
- It is a water-based primer suitable for all skin types
- The hydrating properties of aloe vera make it suitable for dry skin
- It is lightweight and sets into the skin perfectly
- Offers a sublime, glass-like finish
- Grips effortlessly to your makeup
- Comes at an affordable price
- Offers a dewy finish, and the result lasts for over eight hours
What We Don’t Like: it comes in an unhygienic container.
5. Stick Primer: Beauty Bakerie The Butter HydraSilk Primer
- The key ingredient is Goji berry extract
- Hydrates the skin perfectly and makes it supple
- It is easy to apply and has a creamy texture
- Comes in stick form and is therefore travel friendly
What We Don’t Like: You get only a small amount.
[ Read: 7 Best Primers For Textured Skin ]
6. Best Hydrating: Jane Iredale Smooth Affair Brightening Face Primer
- The active ingredients are Apple extract, coconut alkanes, royal jelly, algae extract
- It works well on all skin types, especially dry skin, due to its ultra-hydrating ingredients
- It offers a dewy finish that stays for long hours
- It helps makeup stay all-day
- Also, it ensures the ski hold onto its moisture
- Adds radiance and glow to the skin
What We Don’t Like: It is expensive.
7. Blurring Effect: Smashbox Photo Finish Smooth and Blur Oil Free Foundation Primer
- The key ingredients are Vitamin A and vitamin E
- A pea-sized amount is enough to give a flawless finish
- Suits all skin types and blurs the skin
- Formulated to minimize the appearance of fine lines and large pores
- Combats uneven texture and helps lock in makeup for long hours
- It has silky consistency, making it easy to apply
What We Don’t Like: The hydrating effects don’t last for longer.
If you have been using normal primers and end up getting dry and dull skin, it’s time to start splurging on the products we have listed. They are the best primer for dry skin, with hydrating and nourishing properties. Get any of them and enjoy soft and supple skin.
You Might Also Like:
- 7 Best Carrier Oils For Dry Skin
- 7 Best Lotions For Diabetic Dry Skin
- 7 Best Humidifiers For Dry Skin
- 7 Best Lotions For Menopausal Dry Skin
- 7 Best Lotions For Pregnant Dry Skin
- 7 Best Primers For Glowing Skin
- 7 Best Primers For Sensitive Skin
- 7 Best Face Primers For Mature Skin
- 7 Best Toners For Dry Skin
- 7 Best Self Tanners For Dry Skin
- 5 Easy Homemade Face Mask Recipes for Dry Skin
- 10 Best Setting Powder For Dry Skin
- 10 Best Exfoliant For Dry Skin
- 7 Best Primers For Acne Prone Skin